Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hi....

Issue is the  icons don't change when clicking the expand/ contract button in the kendo-grid:

In the context of a hierarchical kendo grid,  it used to, in prior versions (2020.1.1118) swapped icons:

•  from + to - if the user desired to expand and show the child rows in a hierarchical table:

from - to + if the user wanted collapse the child rows and show only the parent rows.

Now as of  version 2023.3.1010:

,,,something is interfering with my code, guessing that some  CSS references have changed.

Here is a DOJO link:

Untitled | Kendo UI Dojo (telerik.com)

If the link doesn't work (I am new to Kendo as of July and I still haven't gotten the hang of saving stuff on the DOJO) , I have attached a text file (with HTML) that the exact code to test in the DOJO.  You might need to stretch the right side that shows the active code to see the button in the header.

Also, the version prior to 2023.3.1010 showed an evil twin :) ... a little plus sign in addition to the default + plus icon... so you might want to go back a version to look at that too.

Can you give me some ideas on how to fix the issue of the icons NOT swapping on the 2023.3.1010 version when it was working fine previously?

Regards,

George

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I am currently attempting to upgrade the Kendo UI from 2022.2.510 to 2023.2.829 and need some assistance figuring out which .css files and .js files are the closest match to what I have for 2022.2.510. Wow it's different....seems like most of the css and javascript libraries have been reorganized.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lib/bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/site.css" asp-append-version="true" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="Kendo/2023.2.829/styles/kendo.common.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="Kendo/2023.2.829/styles/kendo.bootstrap.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="Kendo/2023.2.829/styles/kendo.bootstrap.mobile.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="FontAwesome/font-awesome-4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/jquery_1.12.0-rc2/jquery-ui.min.css" />

<!-- JAVASCRIPT -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Kendo/2023.2.829/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Kendo/2023.2.829/js/jszip.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Kendo/2023.2.829/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Kendo/2023.2.829/js/kendo.timezones.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/populateTable.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/interimDataRecs.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/payrollDataRecs.js"></script>

I am fairly new at working with the Kendo UI -- I may just need to be pointed to documentation or a README that maps the old files to the new(?). I am not using anything fancy...these are pretty much the default controls.

So far I have not attempted to swap out ANYTHING.... I don't even know where to begin.. I am however, starting to do this shortly.  Yikes! 

FYI: I am using the following controls:

• kendoDropDownList
  • kendoButton
  • kendoGrid (detailInit -- using the hiarchical stuff).
  • kendoSwitch
  • kendoNotification
  • kendoToolTip

Be curious if you all have a recommend approach or stratedgy to upgrading Kendo UI for jQuery libraries?

I'd also like to know the best approach to minifying the Kendo folders?

The Kendo stuff is stashed in the wwwroot (I did not design this structurer ... but I am stuck with it.):

Thanks for your help and patience  ^__^

George

George
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 11 Oct 2023
0 answers
As of R3 2023 release, the font icons are detached from the themes css files. If you are still using font icons, make sure to include a reference to the font icons in your applications. You can read more information about the change in the following blog post: https://www.telerik.com/blogs/future-icons-telerik-kendo-ui-themes. It contains essential information about the change for all products and migration articles to svg icons.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 06 Oct 2023
0 answers

Hi team,

I often use the kendo custom download facility, works good usualy.

Now I have a problem with grid column grouping that seems broken due to the missing of chiplist component. (R2023.1.425).

But when you select all grid options in custom download, it does not select automatically the ChipList component. Please advise...

Another question please: what is the "DateInputCommon" entry. Should it be selected when taking any other date thing like "DatePicker" ?

Best regards,

Laurent.

Laurent
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
 asked on 08 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I would like to implement the subresource integrity check on the scripts and stylesheets which are brought in from the Kendo CDN. However I wanted to check something first. I have added the scripts based on this guide https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/intro/installation/cdn-service. However there are no integrity hashes for the files. Are these available anywhere? If not I can generate them from the files manually, but this won't work if the scripts are ever modified.

Are the scripts ever changed once deployed in a version? Does every server in the CDN deliver always the exact same bytes for the file?

Many thanks,

Bill

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2023
1 answer

Hi, 

Would love to know how to hide cells based on the value OR order of rows.

Here is what I have coming in:

It is a merged cell by Staff Name.

Here is what I want initially when the grid is populated:

Then… If I click on the toggle button, or the row… this would work too it would  expand like this:

Trying to figure out how to filter off of the value TOTAL in the 5th column… then click a button on the 5th column (Pay Code) …and have it fully populated. The merge cell stuff I think I have got. Any idea how I could accomplish this?

Regards,

George

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2023
1 answer

Hi

Our development team is installing all the library files in the project in order to work with it, is that right?

We're in the middle of a migration to GitLab SaaS, and the project using Kendo has a very large repository (too much for migration), so I'm thinking -  Is there a better and easier way to work with the Kendo code?

Did anyone try to use it as a Git sub-module?

any other way that won't enlarge our code?

Thanks!

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2023
1 answer

Hi team,

I'm having a look at last kendo release and I notice that size of css pre-builts files are really really bigger than before (currently I'm using 2022 R2). Even if sass compile only the stylesheet of the button widget, I get a 553KB css file! Was 293KB in R2 2022.

Also, there are many css classes doubled by a counterpart beginning with .!k- like with:

.k-ratio-1 {
  aspect-ratio: 1;
}

.\!k-ratio-1 {
  aspect-ratio: 1 !important;
}

Can someone tell me what are all these css classes beginning with .!\k- ? And also why the stylesheet got so big?

Best regards,

Laurent.

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2023
1 answer

Our current Kendo UI version is 2022.2.510 and it is being upgraded to version 2023.1.425. The jQuery version which we are currently using is While upgrading we encountered some problems that some files have been removed/moved. We encountered an error suggesting that kendo.common-material.css file could not be resolved, after resolving that issue we came across another issue suggesting that kendo.core.js file could not be found. Please find the relevant screenshot attached below and assist with what we should do here.

Additional information:  "@types/jquery": "3.3.31"

And it will be more convenient if there is a changelog provided for what changes occurred between these versions, so if there is please do provide.

Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2023
1 answer

Hi there,

I have a project using "@progress/kendo-ui": "^2020.3.1021", and I upgraded it to the latest version ("@progress/kendo-ui": "^2023.1.425"). After the upgrade, the dependent file cannot be found anymore. The files are no longer existing in the folder.

How can I fix the issue?

Thanks!

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron