Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
6 answers

Hello everyone,

if I use a HierarchicalDataSource with serverFiltering set to true, filter requests are being sent to my remote data source. The problem is though, that already selected items can not be removed any more by clicking on the delete icon after the dataSource has been reloaded, probably due to changed uid's. Is there a workaround for this?

Bye,

Bo

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2020
1 answer

Hello,

I noticed, that I can't delete tags from the MultiSelect in the DropDownTree when I use serverFiltering in a HierarchicalDataSource. The following Dojo shows a minimal example of this: https://dojo.telerik.com/epiXuPUK/2

This can be reproduced by the following steps:

• Select 'Andrew Fuller' 
  • Search for 'Andrew'
  • Try to delete the Tag in the MultiSelect by hitting the X

Is this a known bug or did I forget to configure something? If its a bug, do you know a work-around for this?

Thanks.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2019
1 answer

Hello,

I noticed in the documentation if you set checkChildren it enables tri-state check box. The problem is that we do not want to enable checkChildren.  In addition we have the possibility of showing a large tree. Possibly 100+ items, 3+ levels deep. When coming back into our edit screen to modify what was previously selected.  While collapsed we would like to be able to see a parent in it's indeterminate state if there are any children underneath it that are checked.  For example, imagine a tree like so.

Item 1

|_ Item 11

|_ Item 12

|_ Item 13

In our application we allow the user to choose 1, 11, and 13.  With checkChildren set to true.  If the user checks Item 1.  They would then have to go uncheck item 12 to get the same result.  As you can imagine.  As I mentioned before with 100+ items with 3+ levels deep and checkChildren set to true.  This could be a headache.  Here is my question.  Is it possible to have the tri-state work this way without checkChildren to indicate a child some where under the parent is checked?

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2019
3 answers

Hi,

I have a situation where I am setting the dataSource of a dropdowntree after defining it (using the setDropDown method). Howerver, I can't seem to be able to clear values from the dropdowntree in this scenario.

I tried to replicate the problem best I could in this dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/iKoBOVIk/3

Upon selecting item 1 and item 2, if I click the button I want the selected values to be cleared. How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2019
1 answer
Is there a way to get the selected Item in a dropdowntree when using checkboxes? the select method does not work when checkboxes are enabled. The change function returns all the values selected, and what I'm exactly looking for is to run some code on the select of the Item. Also, how can I disable children?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2019
7 answers
For following configuration, when all childs of a node are selected, parent nodes are also counted. It causes misunderstanding. If it is not possible to count only leaves, how can a fixed message be displayed.

checkboxes: { checkChildren: true },
                    singleTag: " selected"
                },
                tagMode: "single",
Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 02 Apr 2019
5 answers

Hello everyone,

the new kendoDropDownTree is excactly what  a lot of us waited for since a long time. Now the question: Is it possible to have the selected items (using the "checkboxes: true" option) exportet on a POST request as an array? While the multiple select widget is rendered as an <select multiple="multiple"> the kendoDropDownTree is not, which is of course part of the problem...

Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2019
2 answers

I have a kendo tree in a dialog box (https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/dialog/treeview-integration) in my kendo grid custom command window (https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/custom-command)

For the first time when the user clicks on the custom command button (View Details) of any kendo grid row, the kendo tree works fine. But, when he makes a second click on custom command button on the same/different kendo grid row, the kendo tree loads forever. Also, I am newing up the kendo treeview object on every custom command button click. The dojo link is below

https://dojo.telerik.com/@varunmechie@gmail.com/IDOQIqaP

Please let me know if this can be fixed.

Thanks.

Varun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2019
1 answer
are you considering adding a tagTemplate (like multiselect: https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/multiselect/configuration/tagtemplate) to DropDownTree?
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2019
1 answer

Using R3 2018 SP1.

I need to bind to the select event using MVVM in order to prevent some nodes from being selected. I've modified the MVVM demo code to bind to the select event and I'm unable to get it working. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround that I can use which uses MVVM?

Thanks

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2019
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron