Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
I am using the KendoUI MVC wrappers, I believe Q2 2013. In the documentation I see that the ColorPicker has a preview flag that can disable the preview pane. This does not appear to be available in the MVC wrapper? Am I missing something?

Thanks
Dave Goughnour
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2013
2 answers
the fiddle:
http://jsfiddle.net/TdEZE/12/

This fiddle works in Chrome and FF, but not IE 11 (Win8.1).
Curiously, in my application the color picker does work when only using ' palette : "basic" ', but that does not work in this fiddle.

edit:
Just found out that kendoMenu is also broken in IE 11. 
http://jsfiddle.net/Dkrhp/3/
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Nov 2013
3 answers
Hello,

I tried the Color Picker and to select a color using the HexCode. However the preview doesn't update to show the right color. It only takes the color when you press enter. If you double click, the Hex Code is not applied. If you press the "Apply" button, it's also not applied. I'm using Safari on Mac. I find it difficult for a user to understand how to use the Hex Code. Is there a way that the preview color updates in real-time when you enter the Hex Code and to apply it in an easier manner?

Philip
Mihai
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
1 answer
Given I have an input element that has already been converted to a color picker.  ( ex: $(input).kendoColorPicker(); )

1. How do i get a reference to that color picker to say set the value?
  2. Destroy that color picker?

Thanks,
Jason

Holger
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jul 2013
3 answers
Hi All,
I am using Kendo UI ColorPicker...In the samples provided, I am using Keyboard support HSV Picker.
How to get the selected color value ???
Like I need to assign the selected color as a background color to a div...
How to achieve this???
Nazia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2013
3 answers
I can't seem to get manual color entry to work in the flat color picker or hsv picker when using IE9. This includes the color pickers on the demo site. Is this something that is not supported in IE9? I don't see any limitations listed in the documentation.
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2013
1 answer
I'm trying to use the Kendo UI colour picker with the opacity slider, which the documentation describes as being available if you use the hsv selector. 

If I use the hsv selector and change the RGB values first, all select events fire normally. However if I try and change the opacity first using the opacity slider, the select event doesn't fire, and therefore the colour doesn't update to reflect the new opacity value. If I change the rgb colour values at any stage, the select event then fires normally from then on.

So basically there seems to be an issue if the user only wishes to change the opacity of particular colour, but does not need to change the RGB values for the colour. 

Can anyone confirm whether this is a bug?  It is happening in IE9 and Chrome for me, Kendo UI Q1 2013 release.  
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron