Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
I'm having trouble binding the select event of a buttongroup to a method of the viewModel.

Typically, this would look something like this:

<div>
        <ul class="location-type-buttons" data-role="buttongroup" data-index="0" data-bind="...">
            <li>Option 1</li>
            <li>Option 2</li>
            <li>Option 3</li>
            <li>Option 4</li>
        </ul>
    </div>

<div style="position: relative;-webkit-box-flex: 1;border: 1px solid black">
        <div data-role="view" style="position: absolute;">Option 1 Title</div>
        <div data-role="view" style="position: absolute;">Option 2 Title</div>
        <div data-role="view" style="position: absolute;">Option 3 Title</div>
        <div data-role="view" style="position: absolute;">Option 4 Title</div>
    </div>

When I use data-bind="click: doSelect", the views appear correctly but nothing happens (the buttongroup has a select event instead of a click event).

When I use data-bind:"select: doSelect", the titles of the four views appear simultaneously, and the event handler is still not called.

What am I missing here?  Thanks!
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2013
1 answer
Hi

After some hours of debugging I have now realised that it is not possible to reference controls from another view until the view has been been shown at least once. This presents a problem for me as I need to extract data from a view which may or may not have been initialised. What can I call to force the all the items in the view to be generated so that I can at least access the controls programmatically even if the user has never browsed to that view?

Many thanks
Michael
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
1 answer
Is there away to either bind a ButtonGroup to a model or programmatically modify it's collection?

Thanks,

Bron
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2012
1 answer
Hi all.

I'm new to Kendo (I'm coming from jQuery Mobile) and am struggling to achieve something fairly simple. I have a form with yes/no radio buttons. I want the radios to be styled as a Kendo button group. I tried putting the inputs/labels in LI's with the button group role applied to the UL which kinda worked but I could still see the actual radio buttons in the button group. Is there a way to this in Kendo (very simple in JQM).

Thanks in advance.
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2012
1 answer

Requirements

Kendo UI Mobile

jquery-1.8.2

IOS

group button & popover

PROJECT DESCRIPTION 

Here is a sample of a group-button opening a popover.  The folks at the help desk got me started with a solution.
Used the select index, selectTimeout  function, and openFor method. The document is attached  below.  
setTimeout(function() {
                       $("#foo").data("kendoMobilePopOver").openFor($("#fooBtn"));
                       }, 0);

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2012
3 answers
Hello,

how can i change the background-color of the entire control?
please take a look at the attached bitmaps.

Thank you
Axel
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2012
1 answer
Hi guys,

How can I change the buttongroup font color and is it possible to set the whole buttongroup width to a percentage?

Regards
Martin Joubert
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2012
0 answers
I am trying to use the buttongroup to switch between two views that contain charts on mobile device. However, my code is not working. All that is rendered are the two buttons and the nav bar at the top. The charts are not showing up. I tried the code for drawing the charts in stand alone views and that worked fine. I am attaching my code snippets. Please let me know what is the best approach for this.

Thanks,
Anu
Anu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Jul 2012
1 answer
Could you please provide the code for finding the selected button in a button group. 

The documentation says there is a method called current() that will "Get the currently selected Button" and that it returns a jQueryObject of the selected button.

I use:
var buttongroup = $("#buttonGroup").data("kendoMobileButtonGroup")

and then I'm trying to use

buttongroup.current() 

which does indeed return a jQueryObject, but it looks like the buttongroup and not the selected button. I've used firebug and been all over the return object from buttongroup.current() and can't find a thing that helps me with what is selected.

I'm sure it's something stupid.

Thanks - Shawn
Shawn R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron