Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
6 answers

Hi, I'm trying to add the Mobile Switch to a MVC 5 Web App but it is not rendering the switch widget, just a checkbox.  Using the MVC Html wrapper, the HTML rendered is:

<input checked="checked" data-off-label="No" data-on-label="Yes" data-role="switch" id="scoring-switch" name="scoring-switch" type="checkbox">

The css files that are included in my layout page are:

<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/2015.1.429/kendo.common-bootstrap.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/2015.1.429/kendo.bootstrap.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/2015.1.429/kendo.dataviz.bootstrap.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

And the js files from my bundleconfig are:

bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/kendo/2015.1.429/kendoscripts").Include(
                       "~/Scripts/kendo/2015.1.429/kendo.all.min.js",
                       "~/Scripts/kendo/2015.1.429/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js"));

Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2015
11 answers

Hello, I found a bug with the rendering if the switch. It renders off by exactly one pixel. 

Please see the attached image. The top switch has the fix in place, the bottom one does not. You'll notice the underside shows one pixel column on the right.

The javascript was rendering the km-switch-handle class with an inline transformX, for 37px. It needs to be 38px to cover up the underside of the switch fully.

To fix this, I edited kendo.all.min.js. I replaced this line:

function(e){var t=this;t.position=e,t.handle.css(f,"translatex("+e+"px)"),t._animateBackground&&t.background.css(d,t.origin+e)}
with this line:

function(e){var t=this;t.position=e,t.handle.css(f,"translatex("+(e+1)+"px)"),t._animateBackground&&t.background.css(d,t.origin+e)}

However, while this fixed it when the switch was in the "on" state, it now has broken it by one pixel when the switch is in the "off" switch (see second attachment). Is there a permanent fix I can implement?

Thanks!!
-Chris

P.S. the only modifications I made to the default moonlight css is to change the on/off colors. Everything else is unchanged.

Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2015
3 answers
We are interested in reducing the amount of code needing to load on our website. If we were just wanting to use some specific Kendo components, like Switch, what are the bare minimum Javascript and CSS files that would be required to get Switch to work?

If we want to use a few other components individually, how would we go about figuring out which JS/CSS files are necessary for those (so we don't have to ask about each one individually)?
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2014
1 answer
Hello

Is it possible to have 3 state switch (ON/OFF/not set)

I cannot find such option in configuration.

Regards
Marcin
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Aug 2014
9 answers
I have a problem with using the switch widget in. When I set the data-enable="false" in the switch and run the program. The switch can still be set on or off.  I thought the enable="false" option should disable that feature? I have tried running it on iphone with ios 7 and android 4.2 and they both have this problem. Can anyone help?
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2014
13 answers
Hello

We are experiencing issue with Switch component. When user change position(tap), most of the ui elements is moving a little bit(1-2px?) and then return back to original position. This only occures on android devices(tested on Galaxy S Advance, reported from older devices too, simulator works fine). We are experiencing same behavior on few other views that doesnt contain Switch component(mostly views with long lists with scrollbar).

I am able to reproduce the problem with fresh new project from template(kendo mobile ui). Just change initial home view like this:

<div class="view-content">
            <h1>Welcome!</h1>
            <a id="skin-change" data-role="button" data-click="app.changeSkin">Flat</a>
            <p>
                Telerik AppBuilderâ„¢ enables you to build cross-platform device applications regardless of your
                    development platform by combining the convenience of a local development toolset with the
                    power and flexibility of the cloud.
            </p>
            <input data-role="switch" data-on-label="" data-off-label=""/>
            <div class="img"></div>
        </div>
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2014
2 answers
Hi,

I am building an app, with a mobile switch, but i can not reset it to default state. 
The value is resetted, but the graphic shows it still on "J", the onlabel.
How can I reset this switch completely without removing it from DOM??
Like if it is off for default, it should be off after reset, for it is on for default, it should reset to on, independed on what state it actually is.
<label for="bb" id="ms">Bla or blub?
<input type="checkbox" data-role="switch" id="BB-switch" name="bb" data-change="switchChange" class="rrform" data-off-label="N" data-on-label="J" value="false"/>
</label>
// reset whole formular to default settings
  function reset(){
        var $res = $("#rrform").get(0);
        $res.reset();
        $("#MWST-switch").removeAttr('checked');
   }
reset();
Danilo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
1 answer
Hello,
I have a basic listview, bound to a dataSource(JS array of objects), with an item template that contains a switch, 
Ex:
<script id="listItemTemplate" type="text/x-kendo-template">
       <div>
            <a> #=name# </a>
            <input type="checkbox" #if(data.selected) { # checked #}# data-role="switch" data-bind="checked: selected" />
       </div>
</script>

The list is rendered corectly, however the switch data binding does not seem to be working. 
Had to specify the [#if(data.selected) { # checked #}#], otherwise it woudn't have set the checked state corectly.
I expect 2 way binding. Thiking this should work.
Am i doing something wrong?

Regards
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2013
2 answers
Hi,

I am using Modalview, in that i am using switch, when i change the switch status yet to no modalview is closing.

plese see the below code and find the attachment.

<div data-role="view" id="modalview-camera" data-title="HTML5 Camera" data-layout="mobile-tabstrip">
    <div data-role="footer">
        <div data-role="tabstrip">
            <a href="#tabstrip-settings" data-icon="contacts">Profile</a>
        </div>
    </div>

<div data-role="content">
      <a data-role="button" data-rel="modalview" href="#modalview-login" id="modalview-open-button">Login</a>

<div data-role="modalview" id="modalview-login" style="width: 95%; height: 270px;">
    <div data-role="header">
        <div data-role="navbar">
            <span>Login</span>
            <a data-click="closeModalViewLogin" data-role="button" data-align="right">Cancel</a>

</div>
    </div>
    <div data-role="content">
    <input data-role="switch" id="email-switch" checked="checked" />
    </div>

</div>
           </div>

</div>
Vinodh K
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
1 answer
I've seen various comments on best practice for doing this, but nothing definitive (that I've found) on the proper way to do this.

Given this:

<input data-role="switch" data-change="switchChangedHandler" data-subscriptionId="10" id="switch1"/>
<input data-role="switch" data-change="switchChangedHandler" data-subscriptionId="9" id="switch2"/>
<input data-role="switch" data-change="switchChangedHandler" data-subscriptionId="8" id="switch3"/>
How best to access subscriptionId in the handler function?
function switchChangedHandler(e) {

// I've seen this in a forum example but is it really the best way?
    var subscriptionId = e.sender.element.context.dataset.subscriptionId;

// How to best get it?

}
somehow the solution shown doesn't seem like the "Kendo" way.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron