Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
I am new to Kendo and I don't know if kendo just doesn't allow for it yet or not but I have tried using HtmlHelpers, TagHelpers and JQuery but I can't get any of them to function as I would expect. If anybody has an example of how to submit data using Razor Pages and JQuery spreadsheet, I would appreciate it. There isn't much reference material on it or at least, not that I can find. I want to bind a list of a class to the spreadsheet and whatever they submit will be added to a database
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2023
1 answer

I have a spreadsheet that gets data loaded from a database. I want to add validation to a range of cells, but I never know how many columns or rows until after the data is loaded. So my question is: How do I do this with jquery? The validation is fairly simple. Each character can be a number or a colon : 

Thank you in advance

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2022
1 answer

To illustrate the probelm I will use a simple example. I'm using the following code in the OnSelect() event handler:  

var spreadsheet = $("#spreadsheet").data("kendoSpreadsheet");
 var sheet = spreadsheet.activeSheet();

sheet.range(1,5,1,1).select();

The problem is that it never really highlights the correct cell and the cell it does select varies depeding on whether I use the left, right, up or down scroll key to navigate.  I'm not sure what is going on under the covers, but I'm guessing that the issue has to do with the fact that the selection was changing from one cell to another before the event was called, therefore, there is some soft of clash or confusion between the two select events.

I use the exact same code when I initalize the spreadsheet and it works perfectly. Inside the event handler though, I cannot figure out what it's doing.

Also, is there any documentation on the arguments that are passed to event handlers. There is a lot of stuff going in there but I cannot find any good documentation on it? I find that the API documentation does not go very deep, especially with events.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2022
1 answer

If you have defined an action for OnSelect, is there a way to cancel the navigation from within the function? I think Kendo does this with Validation. If you add Validation to a cell, then enter invalid data and try to navigate to another cell, the navigation is cancelled until you either fix the data or Cancel the input. Is there a way to replicate that behavior in my own code within the OnSelect event. There is no equivalent to blur when you leave a cell so the next best thing would be to do something as you select another.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2022
2 answers

Hi,

I have a requirement for a multi-select drop down within each cell of a specific column within a Kendo spreadsheet control.

Is this possible? I can't find any documentation around this. I would be really appreciative if someone could help me with code samples/demos

Thanks

Ian

Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 07 Nov 2022
1 answer

I have written my own data validation in a Kendo Spreadsheet that executes when OnChange is fired. From what I can tell, this event happens when I change the contents of the cell then either click on another cell or scroll using the arrow key -- in Html this would have been onBlur. To that end, everything is working well. What I am not able to do though is reset the focus back to the cell that was in error. Within the OnChange function I execute sheet.range(rangeString).select(), but Kendo ignores this and continues moving to the next cell when OnChange is completed. Is there a way to stop this action?

Thank you in advance.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2022
0 answers

Hi!

There is a problem, when spreadsheet contains "ROW" or "COLUMN" function with self reference.

To reproduce this, open dojo:

https://dojo.telerik.com/IciGiroC

A3=OFFSET(A3, 1, COLUMN(A3)-1)

A4=1

A1=A3

What is expected: A1 value is 1

Actual result: A1 contains "#CIRCULAR"

Kendo UI Spreadsheet 2022.3.913

Ryabinin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Nov 2022
0 answers
Is there an equivalent in Kendo Spreadsheet for ScrollTo. I'm building a Time Sheet App and I want to set the current day, which is represented by a column, as the home column. Setting focus to the first row of the column is easy enough, but I would also like to scroll to that column if possible.
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 26 Oct 2022
1 answer

Hello ,

I'm using below code for date validation

sheetForNPD.range("O2:O100").validation({
        dataType: "date",
        showButton: true,
        comparerType: "between",
        to: "DATEVALUE(\"1/1/2050\")",
        allowNulls: true,
        type: "reject",
        titleTemplate: "Start Date validation error",
        messageTemplate: "Start Date should be between 1899 and 2050 year."
    }).format('MM-dd-yy');

But i need if user enter in these format then also acceptable 

• Slashes

• M/D/YY

• M/D/YYYY

• MM/DD/YY

• MM/DD/YYYY

• Dashes

• M-D-YY

• M-D-YYYY

• MM-DD-YY

• MM-DD-YYYY

• Dots

• M.D.YY

• M.D.YYYY

• MM.DD.YY

• MM.DD.YYYY

Is it possible in kendo spreadsheet can i validate these format for single column ?

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I have applied range validation for numerical type data it's working until i'm entering single record but it's not working when i'm paste multiple record it's not validating please give me any solution.Thank you

sheetForRootCause.range("G2:G300").validation({
        dataType: "number",
        to: "2050",
        comparerType: "between",
        allowNulls: true,
        type: "reject",
        titleTemplate: "Year validation error",
        messageTemplate: "Year should be between 1899 and 2050 year."
    });
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron