Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers

I am trying to load the culture files(kendo.messages.xx-xx.min.js) from the local disk, is there a good way to do that?

The method you provided is like following:

var baseUrl = 'https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2018.3.1017/js/messages/kendo.messages.';
$.getScript(baseUrl + "zh-CN.min.js", function () {
kendo.ui.progress($("#grid"), false);
CreateGrid();
});

I would like to load it like following, but it didn't work for me.

$.getScript("../culture/zh-CN.min.js", function () {
kendo.ui.progress($("#grid"), false);
CreateGrid();
});

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2018
3 answers

Hello,

i made some changes for the german localisation in the telerik/kendo-ui-core on github.

I have two open pull requests and want to know in what time frame they are handled usually.

Sadly one of the requests failed with an timeout error(?) is there a way to get more details on the error?

We use git at the office all the time but i'm new to github an the hole pull request thing :) 

Kind Regards,

Marcus Labohm

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2018
3 answers

Hi all, Please help me to fix issue. Data display in grid is not correctly. Time always is AM not PM

(Ex: 2018-08-14 1:00:00 PM
instead 2018-08-14 1:00:00 AM )

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2018
1 answer
Are there any plans to support arabic, specifically in regards to a kendo.messages.ar-XX.min.js file?
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Aug 2017
2 answers
When I use the Indian culture files say en-IN, the culture file has the groupSize specified as [3,2] which is initial 3 places and then 2 places after. However, kendo.format does not seem to respect it. Dug into the source files and I see only groupSize[0] being used in number format.

For example in en-IN culture, the currency format should return 12,34,567.00 and not 1,234,567.00. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong.

Jayesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Feb 2017
4 answers

Hi!

In my web application I want to auto-detect which formats (number, date) and language to use.

This is what Chrome, Firefox and IE/Edge (default settings) send to the server:

Chrome:  Accept-Language: de-DE,de;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.6,en;q=0.4
Firefox: Accept-Language: de,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
IE/Edge: Accept-Language: de-AT

If the browser sends language information in the form of "xx-XX" (e.g. de-AT, de-DE, en-US), then it's easy to implement because there is a "kendo.culture.xx-XX.min.js" AND a "kendo.messages.xx-XX.min.js" file, and I have defined a default fallback (e.g. en-US) if "xx-XX" is not yet supported by Kendo.

However, if I only get "xx" (e.g. de, en) from the browser, then there is a "kendo.culture.xx.min.js" BUT NO "kendo.messages.xx.min.js" file, and I don't know how to handle these cases without introducing some kind of lookup table (e.g. to use de-DE, when Browser only says de).

Is there a reason, why there are no general de, en etc. messages files? What would be best practice to implement automatic browser format/language detection?

Best regards,

Kaan

Kaan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2016
4 answers

Hi!

I was wondering if maybe the number group separator is wrong for de-AT (Austrian German).

In the "kendo.culture-de-AT.min.js" file the number group separator is defined as " " (blank space), but in Windows I am used to have the same character as in de-DE (German German), which is a "." (period).

I am not sure what the "real" standard is, but I have attached a screenshot of the Windows settings dialog for default date/number formats.

Best regards,

Kaan

Kaan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2016
4 answers

Hi,

We just upgraded from Kendo UI Q1 2016 SP3 to Kendo UI Q2 2016 because of a bug with kendo.toString. We see it was partially fixed, but there is still a problem. 

The result of 
kendo.toString(-5678, "##,#")
is 
"-,5678"
Instead of the expected "-5,678" 

Since we are getting near to a release of our next app version it is important for us to know when do you expect to fix this bug (in earlier versions it all worked well).

Thanks,

Ron.

Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2016
6 answers
Hi,

Wie have recognized some problems with globalization.
We are using Kendo COmplete ASP.NET MVC.

Culture de-DE ist working fine, but when browser culture ist de-AT or de-CH texts in scheudler or grid are in english default language.
e.g. in scheduler:
 right upper buttons in de-DE: "Tag" "Woche" "Monat" as expected.
 right upper buttons in de-AT or de-CH: "Day" "Week" "Month"

or in grid view: right left bottom corner: in de-DE: "Elemente" as expected, but in de-AT or de-CH "items"

How can I fix this?

regards
O.
Marcel Härry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2016
3 answers

Hi,

we are using Kendo Professional in an SPA application (only JS and WebApi) and we have a couple use cases of localization that we cannot achieve using documented methods and practices, so we are turning to this forum for help.

What we have now

We use mainly MVVM and already have a setup that allows us to load the correct culture/messages files and replace data-attributes that contain text with the updated strings; sometimes we have non-mvvm widgets that we call setOptions on manually.

We also have about a dozen custom widgets with texts in options like:

options: {
    name: "...",
    windowTitle: null,
    windowHeight: "50%",
    windowWidth: "50%",
    placeholder: null,
    inputPlaceholder: null,
    resultsPlaceholder: "Type something in the above field",
}

First use-case: complete app-localization

1. What is the right approach to localize widget options? Like input placeholders, windows titles, etc ...
  2.  Is there a way to refresh widgets' data-attributes? (could calling setOptions for every widget, with the new parsed options from the element, be a solution?)

We have looked at stackoverflow, general blogs and this forum but no one seems to have a proposed solution. Only this thread was heading in the right way but it died years ago.

We don't want to put resources in viewmodels because we'd have to refactor many views and because a viewmodel should not be aware of what widget is currently rendered.

Second use-case: single view layout change

We have a custom view (with a single viewmodel) that should have different layout based on a user-selection, currently we are doing this:

1. calling kendo.destroy/unbind on the #view
  2. replacing the innerHTML of the #view
  3. calling kendo.bind(#view, viewmodel)

This is leading to big memory leaks and general bad performances after 3/4 executions.

What is the correct way of doing this?

Third use-case: single view/widget localization

Additionally, we have a single view that should be localized independently from the rest of the application; currently we are doing as indicated in theuse case nr 2 (destroy, update data-attributes, bind again); we know that this won't localize dates/currencies but we have only custom widgets in this view so it is not a problem for now.

This is causing the same memory leak as above that leads to several Megabytes (if not a Gigabyte) if used ram for the single chrome page if this function is called more than 6-10 times in a row, and the browsed becomes unusable after less than 10 times.

This could be replaced with a setOptions on all the fields if was implemented something like a kendo.refresh($element) that re-parses all data-attributes and calls setOptions.

Thank you in advance.

Fabio
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron