Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

I want to create a global onOpen function that will apply to all dropdownlists without the need to manually attach it to each one's open option on the site. For example, I want to hide the optionLabel if it has a class of disabled in it but I don't want to have to manually attach it to each dropdownlist created. 

open: function () {
                        let optionLabel = this.element.getKendoDropDownList().list.find(".k-list-optionlabel");
                        let isDisabled = $(optionLabel).find(".disabled").length > 0;
                        if (isDisabled) {
                            $(optionLabel).hide();
                        }
                    },
I know I could do something like open: onOpen, but I don't want everyone to have to remember to do that on each dropdown list. 
Zornitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2023
1 answer

I have several Multiselect dropdown controls in my web application that have stopped working after users Chrome browser updated to version 115. They work fine on Chrome 114. 

When we click on the control the list does not show up.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2023
2 answers
I have a dropdown list with virtualization (https://dojo.telerik.com/AhuQEDEL/2). When I open and close the dropdownlist without actually changing anything the change event is occasionally triggered. I reproduced the odd behavior in this this Dojo. You will notice that the "change" is logged in the console when you open and close the list without selecting anything. This behavior is also inconsistent as sometimes it logs the change and sometimes it doesn't. 
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2023
1 answer

https://dojo.telerik.com/EgiqeKug

I have a kendo dropdownlist with virtualization. I am including an optionLabel and a valueMapper. Unfortunately, including the valueMapper causes the option label to not show up. Is there a fix for this? Here is a dojo showing the issue

Lee
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 updated answer on 29 Jun 2023
1 answer

https://dojo.telerik.com/ezOJuzog

I have a kendo dropdownlist with virtualization that uses a local json object (the real list is longer than my example). When I set the value and immediately try to log that new value out, I get nothing. How do I log out the value after setting it when using virtualization? Here is a dojo example where you will see it logs "The value is now:" with no answer. If I remove virtualization it logs the answer out. 

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2023
2 answers

Hi,

Is it possible to change recurrenceeditor from buttongroup (green selection on the image) to dropdownlist (red selection on the image)?

I'm currently operating on version 2023.1.117 and I know in previous version we had dropdown on recurrence editor.

Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 13 Jun 2023
1 answer

I'm looking for a widget that is sort of a combination of a dropdownlist and a multiselect. I would like to be able to select multiple items from the dropdownlist but instead of having chips like in the multiselect, I want the dropdownlist to display either "All Selected", "Multiple Selected" (or a count), or the name of the option selected if only one is selected. I would ideally have checkboxes to the left of each item but it could just highlight the item like the current multiselect does. Is there a way to accomplish this with Kendo UI for JQuery? 

Lee
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 answered on 26 May 2023
3 answers

Hi,

I build a Kendo Dojo to demonstrate my point :

Dojo

I want to adjust the size of my DropDownList after each setDataSource command.

The current behavior adjust the height on first setDataSource only. I place two buttons to expose my point. If i click Small and Large after, the dropdown is very small and I need to scroll. Otherwise if I click the large button and small after, the dropdown is very large and show empty spaces after items.

I try resise, and refresh but it not working.

How can I adjust the size manually ? Thanks!

FranckSix
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 09 May 2023
1 answer
1.0K+ views

Extension of below question  

For reference link bellow: https://www.telerik.com/forums/how-to-set-data-attribute-for-multiselect-dropdown-li-element#5647546

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2023
1 answer

I have a series of Kendo UI Jquery DropDownLists. When one is selected, the change event fires and makes an ajax call to get the next list's options. This works fine when a user manually selects one and then the next, however I have a button that will auto populate all lists with selected options via the .value(123) and .trigger("change") calls. Unfortunately, the trigger event doesn't wait for the change to finish before calling the next set of .value(234) and .trigger("change") events. How can I fix this? 

Here is an example DoJo. In it, note that if you click "Choose Florida"  when "south" is not already selected you get nothing. Also note that the console is logging "Looing for Florida" before it logs "Now I have the states". 

https://dojo.telerik.com/@dojolee/AleWuvAP

Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Mar 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron