Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers

Hello ,

When my web app loads the drawer is appearing for the first few  miliseconds and than closes immediatly.

How can I make the drawer be closed when the app loads and not wait for it to close ?

Currently , the user see the drawer opens and than closes 

Thx

Sagi

Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2016
3 answers
Is there any way to make the drawer show a diferent animation?
I need the drawer to be shown as am Overlay not a Push content panel.
I found that jquery mobile is doing that, but my project is now is using kendo so we canot change and we understand they are not compatible (kendo and JQMobile).
Can we make it show as Overlay?

Ex. http://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.4.5/panel/ 
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2015
8 answers
I am trying to create a responsive web page using a Drawer as my left nav bar.  However, whenever the drawer opens, it pushes the content all the way off the page, to the exact width of the page.  I discovered that this occurs when I include the bootstrap stylesheets:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="vendor/bootstrap.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://cdn.kendostatic.com/2014.2.903/styles/kendo.common-bootstrap.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://cdn.kendostatic.com/2014.2.903/styles/kendo.bootstrap.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://cdn.kendostatic.com/2014.2.903/styles/kendo.dataviz.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://cdn.kendostatic.com/2014.2.903/styles/kendo.dataviz.bootstrap.min.css" />

How can I use a drawer and use bootstrap?

Thanks!

P.S. I am a newbie to Kendo UI
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2015
3 answers
In the documentation it says if the views of a mobiledrawer is omitted then the drawer will work on all views.

I have a MobileDrawer setup on my _Layout.cshtml like so:

@(Html.Kendo().MobileDrawer()
    .Name("main-menu")
    .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width: 210px" })
    .Title("Mobile App")
    .Views("Index")
    .Content(obj =>
Html.Kendo().MobileListView()
    .Items(root =>
    {
        root.AddLink().Icon("inbox").Url("Index", "Outage").Text("Report New Outage");
root.AddLink().Icon("inbox").Url("About", "Home").Text("About");
    })
    )
    )

However if I remove the Views() method I get an null exception? I expected it to just work on any page.

Thanks
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Mar 2015
3 answers
I'm using drawer but i don't want to set there static hardcoded data. I want to set there selects (dropdown lists) and load the data from data source (json for example). I use angularjs as javascript.

Maybe you have example?

My purpose is to make search block for a list in drawer and to filter the list by it.

Thanks for help!

Sophie
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2015
4 answers
Hi Guys!

Since i have upgraded to latest kendo version 2014.1.318 i have noticed on Safari iOS 6.X that every time i open a view from drawer it experiences a double animation of the view. First the view is shown instantly once is loaded and then again the view is shown with a sliding animation. The behavior can also be reproduce on kendo drawer demo sample and on real world web app with more complex views and higher request latency it is even more pronounced. I have also tried setting the Application transition to none and also set transition to none for each view opened from drawer but to no avail, the double animation effect is still experienced. 
I have not experienced this scenario in previous kendo version 2013.3.1324 and as this effect is quite noticeable and affects end user experience i would like to know if it is a known issue and if there is any fix available?

Cheers! 

Mirko
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Feb 2015
2 answers
I have a declaratively specified list of drawer options:

<ul data-role="listview" id="tabletDrawer" data-click="drawerClick">
    <li>
        <a href="views/oc.html" data-icon="fa-calculator">Order Calculator</a>
    </li>
    <li>
        <a href="views/oc.html" data-icon="fa-refresh">Reset</a>
    </li>
    <li>
        <a href="views/settings.html" data-icon="spc-settings">Settings</a>
    </li>
    <li>
        <a href="#logView" data-icon="spc-log">Log</a>
    </li>
    <li>
        <a href="skunkworks.html" data-icon="spc-settings">IT Development Area</a>
    </li>
    <li>
        <a href="debug.html" data-icon="spc-settings" class="spc-debug">IT Debug Info</a>
    </li>
</ul>

How can I remove one of them at runtime (for example, if I wanted to remove an item from the list based on a setting in a build configuration).

Thanks,
Jason
jmillar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Feb 2015
5 answers
Has anybody experienced an issue where the drawer button is "touchier" on iOS.  We've been testing on several Android and iOS devices.  On Android, the drawer appears with every tap of the button....with iOS, we frequently seem to have to tap multiple times for the drawer to appear.  New to the platform - anybody have any suggestions with how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Jason
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
1 answer
Is it possible to have the drawer open to a percentage of the page? Trying to make a responsive page for mobile/tablet and I want on mobile to open to 90%, but on tablet to only open to 50%.

I have implemented this with the javascript:
<div class="drawer" id="myDrawer">
</div>

$("#myDrawer").kendoMobileDrawer({
            container: "#content-container",
            swipeToOpen: false
            }
        });

Thanks.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Feb 2015
7 answers
Hi,

Since upgrading to the 2014.1.318 build from the 2013.3.1324 build, when I click on a view link in my drawer, I am noticing a skip or flicker as the drawer closes and view is displayed. It is driving me crazy trying to figure out what is causing this.

I am viewing my test page on mobile safari on the iPhone simulator as well as iPhone5. Has anyone else noticed it as well?

Here is a test page with the 2014.1.318 build
http://serenekhaos.com/temp/drawer/index.php?version=2014.1.318

Here is a test page with the 2013.3.1324 build
http://serenekhaos.com/temp/drawer/index.php?version=2013.3.1324

Thank you for any help.
Kelvin
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron