Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

i want to display some menu items in a drawer.

The items comes from database.

is possible to put a treeview (or other objects) inside a Drawer ?

there is any example?

thanks.

Angel Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2020
1 answer
Hi, Dev Team!
I have Driwer with implemented DIV's (every div contains Kendo Grid). And i am very surprising when i click by driwer's tabs and every Grid dissapears and DIV bocoming empty. Is that normal?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2020
2 answers

I want to reach selected item's index in the drawer widget. When I examine e.sender from console like this,

console.log(e.sender);

I can find updated value of e.sender._selectedItemIndex.

However, when I want to use e.sender._selectedItemIndex variable directly I get previous value of e.sender._selectedItemIndex. For example, If I open drawer for the first time and select an first item, from console I can see that e.sender's _selectedItemIndex variable is equal to 0 but console.log(e.sender._selectedItemIndex) prints undefined. When I select any other item from drawer, now console.log(e.sender._selectedItemIndex) prints 0. How can I reach and use e.sender._selectedItemIndex's updated value in itemClick function?

Deniz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 31 Jul 2020
4 answers

I can successfully change position and swipeToOpen properties of my widget but it doesn't change anything. Position is always left even when I initialize Position property as right. Likely, swipeToOpen is always true even it's property value is false. 

I change these values dynamically with the value of a checkbox like below;

->drawerInstance.options.mini =document.getElementById(widgetID+"toggle").checked;

This line of code above changes mini properties and it works perfectly. 

->drawerInstance.options.swipeToOpen =document.getElementById(widgetID+"canSwipe").checked;

On the other side, this line of code above  changes drawerInstance value properly but I can still use swipe gestures to open the drawer.

Is there are any better ways to change the values of these properties? 

Deniz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 27 Jul 2020
2 answers

For a sample: user your demo here: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/drawer/index

To reproduce:  Attempt to select the text : "Hi Tom, Since Monday I'll be out of office, I'm rescheduling the meeting for Tuesday" by clicking of the left of the H in Hi and dragging right.  You'll notice the drawer opens and becomes semi-cumbersome to select the text. 

My issue:  My users need to be able at times to select the text that is in the display window of the drawer to select for clipboard use.   Each time I click on some text  and drag right the drawer opens. 

Is there a way to prevent the drawer from activating while I'm trying to select text?  Can i put an attribute in the div wrapper that prevents it from listening for an open?   My users aren't going to be using this on a tablet or phone so I don't need a 'touch' type show event to occur.  I only want the drawer to open/close when the three lines are clicked. 

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2020
1 answer

Hi,

I have a PanelBar left side menu with content to the right. I am happy with the functionality but would like to be able to collapse the entire side to allow more horizontal space for content. Drawer seems to have this functionality but then I would lose the PanelBar menu functionality. I have tried to put the PanelBar into a splitter but this doesn't seem to work with bootstrap and the doesn't render properly.

Do you have any suggestions for the best way to implement a hideable PanelBar side menu?

Kind regards,

David

Preslav
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2019
4 answers

The drawer widget builds form a list of items similar to menu items.

What would be the proper way to have subitems like nested ul>li>ul>li?

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Dec 2019
3 answers

Hi

I have implemented the new Drawer component:

$("#drawer").kendoDrawer({
            template: tooltemplate,
            mode: "push",
            mini: true,
            itemClick: function (e) {
                e.sender.drawerContainer.find("#drawer-content > div").addClass("hidden");
                e.sender.drawerContainer.find("#drawer-content").find("#" + e.item.find(".k-drawer-id").text()).removeClass("hidden");
                var spanItemText = e.item.find(".k-item-text").html();
                $('#titleSpan').html(spanItemText);
            },
            position: 'left',
            minHeight: 800,
            swipeToOpen: false
        });

All is great. The Drawer component functions perfectly. Whenever it is used it always defaults to the top (first) drawer. My users now want the ability to specify which drawer is selected by default. I've implemented a my settings page where the user can specify which drawer they prefer as their default. This value (which is the spanItemText value in my code above) is stored in a cookie. How do I select this drawer each time the component is used. Or is there a better way of doing this? I'm trying to programmatically click the drawer icon but I'm not having much luck at the moment.

Thanks.

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2019
1 answer

1. No load from content?  is that planned.

2. if I try .Content(@<text>@Html.Action("getCompanyForm", "Companies")</text>) it fails spectacularly.  pushes the content out of the content container completely and puts it below the content below the container "outside" in the dom.  I was hoping that i could change the content dynamically by loading a different partial view with a specific parameter.

3. Cannot configure so that it doesn't shrink to icons by default?

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2019
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron