Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
1.8K+ views

Hi I am trying to set the title of my dialog window dynamically but get an error 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'title' of undefined     
Nencho
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2019
3 answers
Hello,
I have problem with the confirm dialog in change event for combobox.

Link: https://dojo.telerik.com/UhEpeZod/6

The problem appears when I put any new text into the combobox and press enter. Why is the done function executed first and no confirm dialog shows? Is it a bug?

Thank you and kind regards
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2019
8 answers

I added a kendo grid in the kendo dialog, there were two rows in the grid, the grid's height didn't auto fill the dialog, its height would be correct if I click the header of a column. I attached the screenshot.Is there any one to tell me how to solve it? Thanks

Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2018
3 answers

Hello

It took me a while to find this one and I assume its a bug. The KendoDialog (confirm) fires twice on pressing return instead clicking with the mouse on it. You can try that on your API samples, like here

The link will head you to the actions.action sample.

1. Switch to preview mode of actions.action

2. Press TAB key once to focus the "Ok" button

3. Press the ENTER (RETURN) key

You will see that the message "OK action was clicked" will appear twice (click close on first message then the second message appears).

Clicking on the OK button with the mouse will show the message only once (as it should).

Beside of finding that problem it brings me into certain troubles now because the dialog buttons in my project are associated with server side functions (calling them) and now I have some unwanted side effects/data constellation on my server. :/

I just found this on KendoDialog confirm. I have no idea if that effect can also be found in other Kendo widgets (I hope not).

Regards

Misho
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2018
8 answers
3.7K+ views

Hello

Based on API documentation there is no method/option to enable/disable action buttons defined in a dialog. 

Is there a way to enable/disable action buttons in a dialog?

Regards

Tayger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 22 May 2018
2 answers
3.0K+ views

Hello

I'm using a dialog widget. By default the dialog closes on clicking on any defined action buttons. I would like to prevent that and close the dialog programmatically. How can I set the defined action buttons to not close after clicking on them?

Regards

Tayger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 22 May 2018
1 answer

Our team recently replaced all of our standard alerts, prompts, and confirm dialog boxes with Kendo.alert/confirm/prompt. After further inspection, it appears that the line executing the alert/confirm/prompt fires at random times after the line has been hit. This is not how a JavaScript alert/confirm/prompt box typically operates, and I expected that the Kendo dialogs would perform in the same manner. (A JavaScript alert/confirm/prompt box will pause execution until that specific alert has been completed.)

I've attached an example using the Kendo and JavaScript version to display the differences.

https://dojo.telerik.com/@45f672e3-cd24-4082-98bd-05c921b19513/OHUVoDAW

Thanks!

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2018
6 answers
1.0K+ views

Hello

I've just upgraded from KendoUI v2017.3.913 to KendoUI v2018.1.221 and had some not nice visual changes in kendoDialog and kendoConfirm.

See attachment:
- KendoUI v2017_3_13.png : How it was and how I would like to have it again
- KendoUI v2018_1_221.png : Screwed up in latest KendoUI version

Two unwanted things in latest release:
1. Pressed button, ignoring content
2. Unwanted grey bar at the bottom of the dialog (same bar with title activated)

-> I have the exactly same problem in kendoDialog and kendoConfirm.

To point 1:
Of course it works in your widget samples, so I made a standalone sample (outside from my project). The button appears but is not fully visible. I have the fully working code here:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8">
        <!-- Telerik Framework -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2018.1.221/styles/kendo.common.min.css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2018.1.221/styles/kendo.blueopal.min.css" />
        <script src="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2018.1.221/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
        <script src="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2018.1.221/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>

<!-- Font Awesome -->
        <script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.6/js/all.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

.green {
                color: #208e14;
            }

</style>

<script>
            $(document).ready(function() {

$("#dialog").kendoDialog({
                    title: false,
                    width: 900,
                    height: 400,
                    closable: false,
                    buttonLayout: "normal",
                    actions: [{
                        text: "<i class='fas fa-check green' style='font-size: 18px; width: 30px;'></i>",
                        action: function(e){
                            // e.sender is a reference to the dialog widget object
                            alert("OK action was clicked");
                            // Returning false will prevent the closing of the dialog
                            return true;
                        },
                    }]
                });

});

</script>

</head>

<body>
        <div id="dialog"></div>
    </body>
</html>

The fact the button is pressed in my project is a problem I have to find but I don't understand why the button is not centered/fully visible in the code above.

To point 2 (grey bar):

I've checked the API documentation of kendoDialog and kendoConfirm how to get rid off that grey bar but couldn't find something. If I wanted a grey bar I would place it by myself. So I don't understand why Telerik changed the layout that way

The question here is: How can I get rid off that unwanted grey bar at the bottom (probably same way as on top with active title).

Regards

Tayger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 24 Mar 2018
1 answer

Hello,

I have a use case where I want to change the event function (_dialogActionOK, _dialogInitOpen, _dialogOpen) called by the dialog window runtime.

$('#dialog').kendoDialog({
actions: [
    { text: 'Cancel'},
    { text: 'OK', primary: true, action: function(e) { _dialogActionOK(); } }
],
initOpen: function (e) { _dialogInitOpen(); },
open: function (e) { _dialogOpen(); }

What is the simplest way to change the functions called runtime?

$('#dialog').initOpen( function(e) { newMethod(); }) ?

Thanks for the help

Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Mar 2018
3 answers

Hello! I've noticed that with last kendo release (2018.1.221.545) if I set the dialog height in % (not in pixels) the dialog window is displayed bad, here the dojo:

https://dojo.telerik.com/AFidU/2

I don't know if this behaviour is wanted, but all my dialogs in my application uses % for height, so cause me quite big issues.

Greetings and good work!

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron