Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

I would like the user to navigate to different page - if user clicks on a treemap cell ..

How to set the Redirection or Navigation to happen ?.

Using web app , aspx , vs 2015 , Kendo latest 

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2016
2 answers

Hi.

I modified a previous example I found on this forum. If you see the following Dojo example, I am not able to bind the TreeMap successfully.

I created this from the following working example (http://dojo.telerik.com/UFuKa), but in this case the tree map is bound after a chart is data bound. I tried to update it so it would work just for the tree map but can't get it to work.

http://dojo.telerik.com/opezO

What am I missing?

Thank you

Yoly
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Jun 2016
3 answers

Hi,

My view loads treemap data dynamically, if you click on treemap tile it nevagate to URL which working perfectly fine. but There are custom filter option on page which will rebind treemap with new data.

Problem from here, So i apply filters (rebind treemap data) and click on tile of treemap it works and open popup 2 times, say suppose if i applied filter 5 times (rebind dynamic data 5 times with treemap) and i click on tile, it execute click event 5 times.

Page with treemap & custom filter option, when i change filter option and click on apply filter will again build tree with new data.

createTreeMap();
$(document).bind("kendo:skinChange", createTreeMap);

function createTreeMap() {

$("#treeMap").kendoTreeMap({
            dataSource: {
                transport: {
                    read: {
                        url: buildUrl,

dataType: "json"
                    }
                },
                schema: {
                    model: {
                        parameterid: "ParameterMID",
                        hasChildren: "HasChild",
                        children: "ParameterChilds"
                    }
                }
            },
            textField: "ParameterName",
            valueField: "ParameterWeight",.....and more

}

I hope you understand what i mean. 

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2016
1 answer

I'm using the datasource below as input to a bar chart.

How can I use the same datasource as input to a TreeMap chart? Or must I do another database call?

[{"category":"Decisive + Very","value":206,"explode":false,"color":"#3073ad"},{"category":"Decisive + Satisfied","value":14,"explode":false,"color":"#428bca"},{"category":"Major + Very","value":374,"explode":false,"color":"#2b772b"},{"category":"Major + Satisfied","value":175,"explode":false,"color":"#3c9b3d"},{"category":"Major + Neither","value":6,"explode":false,"color":"#64c465"},{"category":"Major + Slightly","value":2,"explode":false,"color":"#8dd68e"},{"category":"Some + Very","value":37,"explode":false,"color":"#b36d0e"},{"category":"Some + Satisfied","value":86,"explode":false,"color":"#f0910f"},{"category":"Some + Neither","value":17,"explode":false,"color":"#f0ad4e"},{"category":"Some + Slightly","value":3,"explode":false,"color":"#f1c68b"},{"category":"Minor + Very","value":1,"explode":false,"color":"#9d2a27"},{"category":"Minor + Satisfied","value":8,"explode":false,"color":"#cf322e"},{"category":"Minor + Neither","value":6,"explode":false,"color":"#d86562"},{"category":"Minor + Slightly","value":7,"explode":false,"color":"#e09290"},{"category":"Minor + Dissatisfied","value":4,"explode":false,"color":"#eececa"},{"category":"No + Satisfied","value":1,"explode":false,"color":"#4b4b4b"},{"category":"No + Neither","value":4,"explode":false,"color":"#747474"},{"category":"No + Slightly","value":3,"explode":false,"color":"#9c9c9c"}]

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2016
6 answers

Does anyone know how far AngularJS is supported for the treemap widget?

I get the feeling "k-data-source" and "k-rebind" don't seem to work. Is the treemap mature enough to be used with AngularJS

or should I stick to JQuery for this one?

thanks for the advice,

Arno

Anoush
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Mar 2016
2 answers

I am having trouble getting ng-click to work. 

Here is a dojo of what I would like to do. 

http://dojo.telerik.com/IFuRE/2

I don't really need to use buttons or templates in my case, I would like to be able to click anywhere on a tile and have that trigger a function with the dataitem that was clicked.

I did find this example here:

http://dojo.telerik.com/@SiliconSoul/uMORu

But this is not really the angular way to do this, I would like to use a function on my controller and have the scope come through etc.

Regards,

Ivan

Ivan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2016
2 answers

I am creating a tree-map. Treemap is static. It will always have 3 tiles. The data can change but the number of tiles will remain fixed. I looked at the below example. 

How can I force each tile to have a unique color from the array of colors I have specified.  

<div id="treemap"></div>
<script>
  $("#treemap").kendoTreeMap({
    dataSource: {
      data: [{
        name: "Root",
        items: [{ name: "foo", value: 1 }, { name: "bar", value: 2 }, { name: "baz", value: 3 }]
      }]
    },
    valueField: "value",
    textField: "name",
    colors: ["red", "green", "yellow"]
  });
</script>

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2016
2 answers

Do you have any examples with treemaps with hover tooltip style windows or click events,that can for example show the underlying values, open modals, or more details behind the item using angular?

Thanks

Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jan 2016
1 answer
Is it possible to configure the height of the TreeMap?  I want it to fit within a div but it's overflowing the div boundaries.  It looks like it's defaulting to height of 400 but I don't know how to override it.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2015
3 answers

I have TreeMap on my page as directive:

<div kendo-treemap="kTree" k-options="widget.options" k-rebind="widget.options"  style="height:{{widget.options.height-30}}px;"></div>

Sometimes i should change size of widget. â€‹But when i change height and width and call 

.scope().kTree.resize()

it's nothing happens. Does it ridht way? How i can dynamicly change size of TreeMap?

Thanks.

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Nov 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron