Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hi,

I'm working with an older version of kendo elements. Currently I'm struggling with an tooltip. My Dropdown List shows additional information. However, when the selection changes, the old and new tooltip is displayed. Attached I have three screemshots, additional information (showing the first display of the tooltip), default tooltip (when there is no additional information) and additional information and default tooltip (after the defautl is displayed and a new item is selected). How can I make it to show only the current tooltip?

Here is my code for the tooltip:

$("#myElement").change(function(){
    $("#myElement").kendoTooltip({
         filter: ".k-input",
	 position: "top",
	 showAfter: 500,
	 content: function(e){
	     const dropdownlist = $("#myDdl").data("kendoDropDownList");
	     const selectedItem = dropdownlist.dataItem();
	     if (selectedItem.field2 === undefined) {
	         selectedItem.field2 = "This is the default tooltip";
	     }
	     const result = $("<div style='text-align: center';></div>").text(selectedItem.field2).css("width", 
                            (selectedItem.field2.length * .6) + "em");
	     return result;
         }
    }).data("kendoTooltip");
});

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2022
2 answers

We have a Telerik Map object on a view, and the map displays several markers which is working perfectly. Each marker has a tooltip configured to "LoadContentFromAjax", so when the user hovers over the marker (for the first time), the API is queried and the correct data is returned.

The problem is that the Markers Tooltip data is only loaded the first time the user hovers over the icon after the page loads. once that first hover has occurred, the existing data is displayed until the page is reloaded.

I have attempted to refresh the data using the marker tooltips "Show" event, but so far i have had no luck.

This is my onShow event that is called anytime the Marker is hovered over

function tooltip_OnShow(e) {
    console.log(e);
    e.sender.marker.dataItem.refresh();
}

the "e.sender.marker.dataItem.refresh()" just throws an exception. I have tried several different iterations, with no luck so far.

Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 19 Oct 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I want the tooltip to remain open when trying to click on the content of tooltip. Below is my code.

---Grid

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<AgeInformation>()
    .Name("AgeInformationGrid")
    .Columns(columns =>
    {
        columns.Bound(p => p.FundAge).Title("Agency").ClientTemplate("#=FundAge.FedAgeDesc#").Sortable(false).Width(175).HeaderHtmlAttributes(new { @class = "FundAgeClass" });

})

.ToolBar(toolbar => toolbar.Create())
    .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InLine))
    .Pageable()
    .Sortable()
    .Scrollable()
    .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height:500px;" })
    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
        .Ajax()
        .AutoSync(false)
        .Batch(false)
        .PageSize(20)
        .ServerOperation(false)
        .Events(events => events.Error("errorHandler"))
        .Events(events => events.RequestEnd("onAgeInformationRequestEnd"))
        .Model(model => {
            model.Id(p => p.AgeInformationId);
            model.Field(p => p.AgeInformationId).Editable(false);
           model.Field(p => p.FundAge).DefaultValue(new FedAgency());
        })
        .Create(update => update.Action("AddAgeInformation", "Coversheet").Type(HttpVerbs.Post))
        .Read(read => read.Action("GetAgeInformation", "Coversheet").Type(HttpVerbs.Get))
        .Update(update => update.Action("EditAgeInformation", "Coversheet").Type(HttpVerbs.Post))
        .Destroy(update => update.Action("DeleteAgeInformation", "Coversheet").Type(HttpVerbs.Post))
    )
    //.Events(events => events.Edit("onAgeInformationEdit"))
    )    

function ToolTipsForAgency() {

$(".FundAgeClass").append("&nbsp;<i class='far fa-question-circle'></i>");       

$(".FundAgeClass").attr("data-html", "true");
       $(".k-dropdown, .FundAgeClass").find('i').attr("title", "More information can be found on this link <a href='https://google.com' title='test add link'>link on content</a>");

}

Any help is appreciated

Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2022
1 answer

my application uses kendo version 2017.3.1026 

In my application I have user name DOM in UI,  

I want to use kendo tooltip to show user details .

the user details will be dynamic and coming from server.

how can I achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2022
1 answer

Hi, 

I'm trying to get the tooltips to show when hovering over the chart when there's a selector on the chart.

Without the select the tooltips show but not with it. (Images attached)

The select uses a mask that covers the chart, I tried changing the css z-indexes but had no luck and can't find any possible work around.

Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2022
1 answer

We have Kendo spreadsheet which is getting the data source set up in JQuery from an array of objects.

After setting up the data source, the comments are setup using range method to the cells.

Then checkboxes are added to the first column of spreadsheet based on the value present in the first column.

With these setup, when we run the page, and do mouse over to the cells with comments, then comments tooltip shows up and also the checkboxes added in the first column is replaced with the value which was assigned using the data source.

Please suggest us some solution for this issue.

-Poorani

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2022
1 answer

I've got a scenario where a tooltip is not hiding when another tooltip is shown, and here is a dojo for reference.

If you move your mouse up and down the colors, the tooltips show and hide as they should. If you stop on a color, move the mouse right into the tooltip, then straight back out of the tooltip and back into the color for that tooltip, then move the mouse up or down over another color, the first tooltip doesn't hide. You can repeat this sequence for the other tooltips as well, resulting in multiple tooltips showing.

Here is a jam so you can see what I mean as well. You can't see the mouse move, but you can see the multiple tooltips.

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Dec 2021
0 answers

Hi all,

I have this problem:

We would like to change the date format of the chart series tooltip. The desired format is dd/mm/yyyy. The culture of the site is english. In attached you find the example of the tooltip that we would like to change in the format.

Can someone help me on this issue?

Thank you a lot,

Claudio

Claudio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 26 Nov 2021
1 answer

How to add a tool tip to the category label on axis in a chart?

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron