Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
4 answers

Hi, 

I've got a very simple Toolbar. It has one buttonGroup with three buttons that all belong to the same group. When the Toolbar initially loads, none of the buttons in the group are selected (toggled on). The user clicks one and all is good.

But, then I have another process on my page that requires me to reset the buttonGroup back to it's original state.  That is, none of the buttons in the Group are selected (toggled on).

Is this possible? 

The only solution I have seen codes like this, but this only removes the class. The "state" of the buttons is unchanged.
$('#ActionsButtons>a.k-selected').removeClass('k-selected');

Thanks for any help,
John

John
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 15 Nov 2022
2 answers

The FileManager has a toolbar with an inbuilt search text box. How can I change the filtering method from the default (seems to be "startswith") to "contains".

Thanks for any advice!

Patrick

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 07 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hello

how can I bind to the Click-Event of zoomIn or zoomOut for the standard zoom toolbar or PdfViewer ?

Somehow similar to 

var pdfViewer = $("#pdfviewer").data("kendoPDFViewer");
pdfViewer.toolbar.zoom.combobox.bind("change", onChangeZoom_Pdf); 

Regards

Christine

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2022
2 answers
I have a kendo grid which has the search filter enabled. I notice the search filters data based on the hidden columns as well. I'd like to have the search bar filter data based only on the visible columns. Is there a way to do this?
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 updated answer on 20 Jul 2022
3 answers

Hi everyone,

is there a possibility to display SVG-Code in the drop-down list of a split-button in a toolbar. When i try to set the text attribute of the button the SVG source-code gets displayed

regards

Frank

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2022
1 answer

I have three related questions:

Can spreadsheet cell comments from the tool bar be added to the context menu. 

If not, can a custom function be added to the context menu.

When you update a cell comment using the comment control from the menu bar, is there an event either at the cell level or comment dialog level that can be captured. From what I can see so far, not of the widgets on the menu bar have events that can be captured. Is that correct?

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2022
1 answer

I'm using $("#spreadsheet").kendoSpreadsheet() to create a spreadsheet with a toolbar where I have only certain options of the toolbar available. In general, doing this is very straight forward but one of the options I want is "comment". It's on the Toolbar if you don't specify which options you want, but when you do, it does not seem to be available. Am I doing something wrong here. Even the documentation does not list it as an option.

This is straight from the spreadsheet ui documentation:

toolbar - API Reference - Kendo UI Spreadsheet | Kendo UI for jQuery (telerik.com)

The following list indicates the available tools. The tools which are part of a tool group are defined as an array. For example ["bold", "italic", "underline"].

• open
  • exportAs
  • [cutcopypaste]
  • [bolditalicunderline]
  • backgroundColortextColor
  • borders
  • fontSizefontFamily
  • alignment
  • textWrap
  • [formatDecreaseDecimalformatIncreaseDecimal]
  • format
  • merge
  • freeze
  • filter
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I'm using a kendoMenu item as a toolbar option in a kendo grid. This worked fine until one of the newer releases and the animated dropdown panel now shows behind the grid as shown here:

https://jsfiddle.net/k1d4aufr/

Previous versions of kendo did not have this problem:

https://jsfiddle.net/jddevight/Ltgvk2sf/

I've tried setting the z-index on the animated panel and nothing works. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2022
2 answers

I am using multiple Kendo editors on a page, all with inline editing so that the toolbar shows/hides when the editor gains/loses focus for input.  One of the custom tools that was added to the toolbar is to open a symbol selection popup.  When the user navigates to a different editor, I would like to close the popup of the first editor, but I am not sure what event I should tie into to make this happen.  Is there an event for when the toolbar is hidden?

Thanks for your help, Bob

Bob
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 14 Feb 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron