Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

I'm trying to paint the spreadsheet with data of 3500 rows * 250 columns and I'm having few loops to prepare the data before the below code and trying to set it all at once. The below code took ~ 2 min

Is there any way improve this ?

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2023
1 answer

I'm having an issue in some areas of my application where some spreadsheet functionality is not working. It works as expected elsewhere in the app. 

The issue is that some mouse actions are not working:

• Can't drag to select an area of the spreadsheet 
  • Can't drag the edge of a column/row to adjust its width/height (cursor does not change either)
  • Can't double click to enter a cell

No errors are shown and the spreadsheet works otherwise so I have thus far been unable to debug it.

Do you have any ideas as to things that could cause this to happen, and/or how to debug this issue?

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2023
4 answers

Hello,

I have a controller action where I can read an excel file, convert it to base64 send it to the front end, and decode it using a javascript function I found here on this forum.

However the problem arises when I make edits to the loaded excel through a library such as OpenXML/ClosedXML, etc... Sometimes the array size of the excel changes, sometimes it is the same but, no matter what the spreadsheet component CAN NOT read a file saved by either packages. They work fine when saved through normal excel.

Is there any way I can fix this? Maybe some other excel library I'm missing? The edits I need to do are fairly trivial. I'll just replace cell values, nothing more.

Thanks!

Ps: Project is in .NET Core 3.1

Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 10 May 2023
1 answer

Dear Experts ,

I am currently working on a financial related project where I am using the Kendo Spreadsheet . However, I am facing an issue with regards to authentication and data validation.

Specifically, I would like to know if there is a solution in the Kendo Spreadsheet that can validate authentication with an integrated app before loading data and triggering data to the database.

I have researched this topic extensively, but I have not been able to find a clear solution. Therefore, I am reaching out to the community to seek your guidance and insights. Have any of you faced a similar issue? If so, how did you address it?

Any advice or solution that you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help and expertise.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2023
1 answer

Are locked cells in a imported excel file supported? They don't appear to be.

Also are hidden sheets able to be supported as well?

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2023
0 answers

I'm trying to filter a spreadsheet, and while it works, it is EXTREMELY slow

And this kind of makes sense - we have ~35k unique values in this SKU column - but clicking to add a filter and then clicking the down arrow takes 20+ seconds before the filter popup appears, during which time the whole screen is frozen

Is there a way to allow a filter by value without including this multi-select, as with the data we have, in its current form, its completely unusable.

Thanks

Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Feb 2023
1 answer

Dear Support

Is it possible to rotate text by 90 degree in spreadsheet ranges. I would like to rotate the text only in some specific ranges. I searched for this solution a lot without success. Any of kendo spreadsheet version does support it? Or is there any other jQuery solution for it?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Norbert

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2023
0 answers
Is it possible to embed the kendo spread sheet within webpage in display mode? 
Rajendran
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Feb 2023
2 answers

hello.

url:
https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/datasource
I developed a program by applying this page and I am using it well.

However, if there is a lot of transmission data when trying "SAVE DATA CHANGES", an error occurs. It is not an error that occurs in the target url, but an error that cannot reach the target url itself.

All the data from the above url
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
If I change it to , and save it, I get an error.

method : get

Because it is a get, an error will occur.
On my site, I get an error even though I tried to post.

It's not even that the size of the data to be transferred is large.
Moreover, an error occurs even though it is not a get but a post.
The number of data passed is not large.
This is not an error occurring in the target url, but the transmission itself has failed.

What are the countermeasures? What are the alternatives?
It's not big data, but I get an error at "SAVE DATA CHANGES".
What could be the workaround?

please solve it thank you

onplatform
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 24 Jan 2023
0 answers

I have the following code that uses the upload control to take a spreadsheet from our end user and uploads it and then parses it out into our objects.

var workbook = new kendo.spreadsheet.Workbook({});

workbook.fromFile(file).then(function() { Do lots of things; });

I have had zero issues with this block for the most part. However one of our end users has tried to upload a file and they are running into issues. When I debug the code it hits the fromFile, and then goes right past the then. I had multiple breakpoints inside the then, and none of them were being hit. In my last attempt I let it run for almost an hour before I killed it. I tried wrapping it in a try catch to see if it was erroring out and nothing. I tried to upload the file on the demo for the api (https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/spreadsheet/methods/fromfile) and it loads fine there. 

I am at a loss and would love some insight. I have attached the spreadsheet that is causing issues hoping that someone can shed some light on it for me.

Jed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 13 Jan 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron