Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
5 answers
Greetings,

Will the drag range feature (available in the telerik asp.net ajax) be added to the Kendo slider widget? Thanks.

RA
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Apr 2018
1 answer

I'm using the jQuery implementation of the range slider in an angular project (because I don't see a range slider component for angular yet, only a single value slider).  I have this working by including the scripts locally, however, I'd like to pull them in via npm upon the bundling of the app via webpack.

Here are the entries from my angular-cli.json.  Webpack compiles successfully, however, scripts.bundle.js complains that the module related to kendo.all.js is not defined.

"styles": [
        "../node_modules/bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css",       
        "../node_modules/@progress/kendo-theme-default/dist/all.css",       
        "styles.css"
      ],
      "scripts": [
        "../node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js",
        "../node_modules/bootstrap/dist/js/bootstrap.min.js",       
        "../node_modules/sortablejs/Sortable.min.js",
        "../node_modules/@progress/kendo-ui/js/kendo.all.js"
      ],

The result is that kendo.all.js looks the same as its entry in scripts.bundle.js.

I'm aware that I can include less than ALL to use the range slider, but I'm just trying to get this working first.

Svet
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2017
1 answer

Hello,

I have a problem, when using floating point number as smallStep property i get uncorrect values and eventually the button of the slider stops working (does not want to increment or decrement after number)

Here is an example of the problem: Plnkr

Thank  you!

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2017
1 answer

Below find my code. I am using MVVM to initate a range-slider. It appears that when the page loads, both knobs are to the left most side, instead of one at the min and one at the max. 

Please note: sometimes when the page loads, the knobs are positioned correctly. 

Please advise.

<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="filterAgeTemplate">
        <div class="item--agerange">
            <div class="agerange-wrap">
                <div
                    data-role="rangeslider"
                    data-small-step="1"
                    data-large-step="10"
                    data-min="1"
                    data-max="100"
                    data-bind="value: ageRange, events: { change: vm_onAgeSelectorChange }" id="panel-filter__agerange" style="width:160px">
                    <input  />
                    <input />
                </div>

<div class="agerange-title">Age Range</div>
            </div>

<div class="agerange-btns ">
                <button class="button button__gray-outline"><span>Reset</span></button>
            </div>
        </div>
    </script>

Preslav
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2017
1 answer

Hello,

I am using the range slider via MVVM. I noticed that when i define the width via inline style on the div that sets the range slider, the tick marks disappear. However, if the width is removed, the tick marks appear. Please advise? 

Edit: My range slider is sitting within a kendo template. I have attached a snippet of my code

<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="filterAgeTemplate">
        <div class="item--agerange">
            <div class="agerange-wrap">
                <div
                    data-role="rangeslider"
                    data-small-step="1"
                    data-large-step="10"
                    data-min="1"
                    data-max="100"
                    data-bind="value: ageRange, events: { change: vm_onAgeSelectorChange }" id="panel-filter__agerange" style="width:160px">
                    <input  />
                    <input />
                </div>

<div class="agerange-title">Age Range</div>
            </div>

<div class="agerange-btns ">
                <button class="button button__gray-outline"><span>Reset</span></button>
            </div>
        </div>
    </script>
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2017
2 answers

Hi,

Is there any nice way to use a Kendo UI slider to select a scaling factor? Those typically go from 0.1 to 1.0 and then to 4.0 or 5.0 - with 1.0 (=100%) always in the middle and you might scale with other steps below 1.0 than above. But most import would be to have 1.0 or 100% in the very middle.

Using a normal slider with min=0.1 and max=4.0 does not really look nice to scale a view, component size, graphic or whatever.

Any hints?

Best regards,
Ricky

Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Feb 2017
1 answer

When using the slider with AngularJs, if I try to set a min or max value for the slider, the tick marks disappear - not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug...

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <style>html { font-size: 14px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }</style>
    <title></title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.3.1118/styles/kendo.common.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.3.1118/styles/kendo.default.min.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.3.1118/styles/kendo.default.mobile.min.css" />

<script src="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.3.1118/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script src="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.3.1118/js/angular.min.js"></script>
    <script src="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.3.1118/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>

<div id="example" ng-app="KendoDemos">
    <div class="demo-section k-content" ng-controller="MyCtrl">
      <div>
        <h3>Ticks...</h3>
        <input kendo-slider ng-model="value" />
      </div>
      <br><br>
      <div>
        <h3>No Ticks...</h3>
        <input kendo-slider ng-model="value" k-options="options" />
      </div>
    </div>
</div>

<script>
  angular.module("KendoDemos", [ "kendo.directives" ])
      .controller("MyCtrl", function($scope){
          $scope.value = 0;
                $scope.options = {
            max: 100
          }
      })
</script>
</body>
</html>

Claire
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2017
2 answers

Hello 

Initially the "internal" tooltip of KendoUI slider shows the value of the current position. I need to set a tooltip text for each position. Example of a slider with 3 values (1, 2, 3). Tooltip for each position:
1 - Ok
2 - Nice
3 - Great

By the documentation I can't figure how to set it directly (inital) or at runtime (trying to access/set tooltip text of slider in change/slide events but can't figure how to access the sliders tooltip).

Is there a way to set a tooltip-text for each slider-position?

Regards

Tayger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 13 Dec 2016
4 answers

I have an angular 2 application and I want to use the Kendo UI Slider on it.  I tried the Beta version of the "Kendo UI for Angular 2" but it did not work properly and I don't want to use a beta version. 

How can I use the normal kendo Slider with Angular 2?  I want the slider to have ticks with number tick labels.  I am using Visual Studio 2015.

Please help.

Lance
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Oct 2016
5 answers
Hello,
Telerik team,

I am facing an issue while I am setting the maximum and minimum value of the slider, If i set minimum value as 0 and maximum value as 40000000 the page doesn't load at all. Here is the code below :

var MInvestmentTarget = $("#MInvestmentTarget").kendoSlider({   
                    min: 0,
                    max: 40000000,
                    tickPlacement: "none",
                    showButtons: false
                }).data("kendoSlider"),
                    MInvestmentTarget = function (e) {
                        if (e.type != "keypress" || kendo.keys.ENTER == e.keyCode) {
                            var value = parseInt($("#InvestmentTargettxtBoxValue").val());
                            if (isNaN(value) || value < 0 || value > 40000000){
                                alert("Value must be a number between 0 and 40000000");
                                return;
                            }
                            MInvestmentTarget.value(value);
                        }
 }; 

The page takes a long time to load in any of the browser and finally it crashes.

If I give the maximum value as 4000000, it works perfectly fine. The page loads properly.

So I want to know if there is a limit on the Maximum value that can be given for the slider ?
Or is it a mistake in the code which is causing this error.

Awaiting your response

Thanks 
Pavan

Tony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron