Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers

Hello

I want to hide right button of MultiColumnCombobox(Please see in attach image). It's similar to autocomplete, but uses the property of multi-column of table data.

How to do this?

Thank you

Baxing
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 25 Aug 2021
2 answers

Hello

I have some page with a Kendo Ui  for JQuery Multicolumnbobox.
At on one page there are around 20 MilticolumnComboboxes and only one large data (around 10000 rows) others have around 5-200 rows ( load data via .json array files)
It takes very long time(maybe 7-15 sec) for the page to load already.

If I off all the Multicolumncomboboxes the page renders fast.

Are there ways to increase the performance with the Jquery Ui MulticolumnComboBoxes?

Thank you

Baxing
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 21 Aug 2021
4 answers

Hello Support,

I want to custom color of hover in row of list in MultiColumnComboBox. How can I do it?

Thanks.

Baxing
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 30 Jul 2021
2 answers

Hello,

I alone of MultiColumnComboBox we can prevent adding custom values with change event follow your sample in ComboBox.

with "change code"

change: function(e) {
            var widget = e.sender;

if (widget.value() && widget.select() === -1) {
              //custom has been selected
              widget.value(""); //reset widget
            }
          }

Follow this sample work with anyone or the parent(Master) MultiColumnComboBox, but in case child(Detail) of MultiColumnComboBox, It's not working because if I selected parent MultiColumnComboBox first and then child MultiColumnComboBox wil show data follow selected list in parent. In this case ("change code") will prevent any data in child MultiColumnComboBox, as a result, any items in it cannot be displayed.

Please guide me for prevent add custom values in the child(Detail) of MultiColumnComboBox,  if I use Cascading MultiColumnComboBox.

Thank.

Baxing
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 28 Jul 2021
0 answers

Hi 

everyone, please vote using following link to request a feature change for multicolumn combo box column sorting.

MultiColumnComboBox sorting (telerik.com)

thanks

hassan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 21 Jun 2021
1 answer
I am looking to implement virtualization on the multicolumncombobox, however, I am unable to find any Telerik documentation that uses an odata v4 service as a datasource.  Are there any sample projects that demonstrate the use of odata v4?
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2020
3 answers

Hi Guys,

Have just tripped over an issue whereby Firefox is not rendering row/cell borders correctly.

To illustrate the problem run the following dojo in Firefox

https://dojo.telerik.com/EyIZuzog

On opening the popup you should see that alternate rows are missing a bottom border and the first column is missing the right border (see Firefox.png).

Under Chrome & Edge these borders are being rendered correctly (See Chrome.png).

Is this a known issue with Firefox and if so are there any methods/workarounds to overcome the problem.

Regards
Alan

Firefox: v69.0.1
Chrome: v77.0.3865.90

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2019
3 answers

I have to display a table in an autocomplete and I thought of using the MultiColumnComboBox but I need the select event to be triggered only when the user selects a row from the table. However I have found that it can be triggered as selected even though no row was selected.

In order to reproduce it go to the Events page of the MultiColumnComboBox. Select an item. The event is triggered and the item is the one displayed. Now delete one character and click outside of the control for the list to close. The select is triggered with no item. Click inside the control and delete another character then click outside of the control for the list to close. The select event is triggered and instead of no item selected you received that the previous item is selected even though in the combobox control the text is not filled with the selected item.

Is this function as design? How can I overcome this functionality cause when a row is selected I need to execute some code and I do not want to execute that code when in fact the user did not select a row.

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2019
2 answers

I just started working with the MultiColumnComboBox component, and I immediately noticed that the headers are increasing misaligned with their columns as you move from left to right across the grid.

The demos show a small buffering header over the vertical scrollbar, but that's not present in my implementation.

Is there something I'm missing to have that little buffering header over the scrollbar?

I've included a screenshot of the MultiColumnComboBox grid rendering where you can clearly see the misalignment. The screenshot includes the configuration code, as well.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2019
2 answers

Hi there,

I have a MultiColumnComboBox which is configure as follows:

sample multicolumn comboBox instantiation with odata as data source.

<html>
   <body>
       <div>
            <input id="hierarchySelector" style="width: 100%" />
       </div>
   </body>

<script>
        var $hierarchySelector = $("#hierarchySelector");

$(document).ready(function() {
        var hierarchySelector = $hierarchySelector.kendoMultiColumnComboBox({
            autoBind: true,
            dataTextField: 'Name',
            dataValueField: 'EntityHierarchyId',
            optionLabel: {
                rmx_Name: '--Select value--',
                rmx_EntityHierarchyId: null
            },
            width: '100%',
            columns: new Function("return [{field:'Code', width:200, title:'Code'},{field:'Name', title:'Name', width:300}];")(),
            footerTemplate: 'Total #: instance.dataSource.total() # items found',
            change: function(e) {
                console.log("change hierarchySelector");
            },
            dataBound: function(e) {
                if (!InitCodeExecuted) {
                    InitCodeExecuted = true;
                    $('#toggleHierarchyType_buttonGrp_0').click();
                }
            },
            dataSource: new kendo.data.DataSource({
                type: 'odata-v4',
                error: odataError,
                transport: {
                    read: {
                        url: hierararchyBaseUrl +
                            '?$select=EntityHierarchyId,Code,Name,HierarchyType,RelationshipFilterId&$orderby=Name&$filter=az_State eq 2',
                        headers: window['authenticationBearerToken'],
                        data: function() {
                            var cid = getQueryStringParam('cid');
                            if(cid != null) return { cid: cid };
                        }
                    },
                    parameterMap: function(options, type) {
                        return kendo.data.transports['odata-v4'].parameterMap(options, type);
                    }
                }
            })
        });
    });
   </script>
</html>

The code above works and populates with data.  But, the issue that I'm facing is the output (as seen on the attached image file).

An underline (probably border) on each row is visible and doesn't look good.  I checked the underlying elements, which is

<ul><li>

and the styles it applies but I couldn't find any css rule / property that relates to the visible horizontal line of each row.

Could someone point me to the right css rule that I can override with?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Junius
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Apr 2019
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron