Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers
Hi everyone,

I am developing a single page application with Kendo UI. Since many widgets append some HTML to the <Body> the Memory consumption grows quickly when using the application (even if the widgets are no longer part of the application, e.g. closed).

To work around this, I usually remove any direct descendants of the <Body> upon unloading certain parts of my application. While this works great so far, I'm currently struggling to get the date picker widget working with this technique.

The Problem is that the date picker works fine when the application initializes it for the very first time, but after removing that date picker and creating another one some time later it won't work as intended. The Dropdown calendar is displayed but None of the links or Buttons react to clicks except for the current date on the bottom of the calendar.

Is there a way to get this working? Like I said, other widgets like Dropdown lists and Windows just work fine with my "garbage collection".

Here's a demo of the issue: http://jsfiddle.net/zwGyM/1/

Regards
Majid
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Sep 2012
0 answers
 Hi,

I am using kendo grid in salesforce (apex). Which is similar to java and html.

Kendo grid is working fine for mozilla and chrome but not for safari.

In safari I am able to view kendo date picker on view mode but can't work on edit mode. And but when I change the value it displays null.

Regards,
Piyush Parmar

piyusjh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Sep 2012
0 answers
I've had no luck getting or setting the datePicker value using "value()" as the documentation states however using "val()" like standard jQuery seems to work fine.  Has anyone else had this problem?
Casey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Aug 2012
0 answers
Can someone tell me why this is an invalid template

<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="recordtemplate">
    <center><h2>#= ActivityName #</h2></center>
@using (Html.BeginForm("recordcompletedactivity","engage"))
{
@(Html.Kendo().DatePicker()
.Name("DateCompleted") 
.Min(new DateTime(1900, 1, 1)) 
.Max(new DateTime(2099, 12, 31))
.Format("MMddyyyy")
.Value(DateTime.Now.ToString()));
@Html.CheckBox("Attest", new { @class = "cb" });
@Html.Encode("Check here to confirm completion this activity");
<br/><br/>
<center>
<input type="submit" class="submit" name="Button" value="Submit" />
</center>
}
</script>

i get the following error
Uncaught Error: Invalid template:' <center><h2>#= ActivityName #</h2></center> <form action="/engage/recordcompletedactivity" method="post"><input class="k-input" id="DateCompleted" name="DateCompleted" type="date" value="07272012" /><script> jQuery(function(){jQuery("#DateCompleted").kendoDatePicker({format:"MMddyyyy",min:new Date(1900,0,1,0,0,0,0),max:new Date(2099,11,31,0,0,0,0)});}); ' Generated code:'var o,e=kendo.htmlEncode;with(data){o='\n <center><h2>'+( ActivityName )+'</h2></center>\t\n<form action="/engage/recordcompletedactivity" method="post"><input class="k-input" id="DateCompleted" name="DateCompleted" type="date" value="07272012" /><script>\n\tjQuery(function(){jQuery("';DateCompleted").kendoDatePicker({format:"MMddyyyy",min:new Date(1900,0,1,0,0,0,0),max:new Date(2099,11,31,0,0,0,0)});}); ;o+=;}return o;' 
bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Jul 2012
0 answers
Hi,

Can I display some grey text within the date picker that disappears on entering the field? Basically, I would like to display the date format. e.g DD/MM/YYYY or MM-DD-YYYY, etc.

Many thanks in advance.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Jul 2012
0 answers
Hi,

I am using Keno UI tools in my Mobile Application Development. Here I am using Kendo Datepicker which  works fine in Ipad,but not display the selected date in Android phone.Actually the date is there ,but not visible in the andriod browser. How to solve this issue ? Please help.!

Regards,
Praveen.
Praveen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Jul 2012
0 answers
I need change culture datepicker is th-TH but i want call kendoDatePicker all file i use widget-style="kendoDatePicker" but it doesn't work  
please help me I'm sorry i can type Eng a little bit

example
widget.js
$(document).ready(function() {
kendo.culture (th-TH);
 $(".kendoDatePicker").kendoDatePicker({
    format: (kendo.culture().calendar.patterns.d)

});
});

XML_FORM.xml
<forms xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/widget-form.xsd">
    <!-- Invoice forms -->
    <form name="FindInvoices" type="single" target="findInvoices" title="Find and list invoices"
        header-row-style="header-row" default-table-style="basic-table">
        <field name="noConditionFind"><hidden value="Y"/><!-- if this isn't there then with all fields empty no query will be done
--></field>
        <field name="hideSearch"><hidden value="Y"/></field>
        <field position="1" name="invoiceId" title="${uiLabelMap.iMAS_PurchaseCashInvoiceId}" widget-style="k-textbox"><lookup target-form-name="LookupCashPurchaseInvoice" size="15"/><!--text-find default-option="contains" ignore-case="true"/--></field>
        <field position="2" name="orderId" title="${uiLabelMap.iMAS_PurchaseCashOrderId}" widget-style="k-textbox"><lookup target-form-name="LookupOrderHeaderPurchase" size="15"/></field>
        <field position="1" name="partyIdFrom" parameter-name="partyId" title="${uiLabelMap.iMAS_PurchaseInvoiceSupplier}" widget-style="k-textbox"><lookup target-form-name="LookupSupplier" size="15"/></field>
        <field position="2" name="invoiceDate" title="${uiLabelMap.iMAS_PurchaseCashInvoiceDate}" widget-style="kendoDatePicker"><text default-value="${nowDateTime}"/></field>
        <field position="2" name="statusId" title="${uiLabelMap.CommonStatus}" widget-style="kendoDropDownList">
            <drop-down allow-empty="true" current="first-in-list" >
                <entity-options description="${description}" entity-name="StatusItem">
                    <entity-constraint name="statusTypeId" operator="equals" value="INVOICE_STATUS"/>
                </entity-options>
            </drop-down>
        </field>
        <field name="invoiceTypeId">
            <hidden value="CASH_PURCHASE_INVOICE"/>
        </field>
    </form>
AL
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 May 2012
0 answers
Hello, 

I have a problem to validate a DatePicker. There it is :

If the user enters a invalid DateTime, the DatePicker's value returns null, but I want to know what he entered to do something about it.
   I cannot deal with a null value because my datepicker can be empty wich is also a null value.

Exemple :  if the user enters 62/01/2012, the value of the datepicker is null and I want to get 62/01/2012 even if it's wrong.

So, any ideas on how I can either get the wrong value or even get to know directly from the datepicker if the value is valid?
Alexandre
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 May 2012
0 answers
How to add the date by 2 days from the current date by default when the page is displayed using datepicker

$(

"#toDate").kendoDatePicker({

value:

new Date(),

min:

new Date(1950, 0 ,1),

max:

new Date(2049,11,31)

})

Here by default it is giving current date for example 4/27/2010, but I wanted it to diplsay by + 2 days i.e 4/29/2012.
How can I achieve this?

Brahmaiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Apr 2012
0 answers
I have moved this original thread to the MVVM area: http://www.kendoui.com/forums/framework/mvvm/unable-to-delete-numeric-or-date-value-and-have-model-update.aspx#2084418.

After more investigation, the controls (DatePicker and NumericTextBox) appear to be doing their part. Both control types do indeed have their values set to NULL and appear to be triggering the change event. It would seem the datasource is ignoring the change event if the value is NULL for numerics and dates.

Mike
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron