Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers

Hi there,

I have a question about timeline view on https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/scheduler/timeline. When I create a series  event, the series  event before the day will be disappeared by moving or  resizing the event of one day among the whole  series  event. 

For example, I create a series event between 2022-07-21 and 2022-07-23.  In 2022-07-22 view,  I move or resizing the series  event ,  then the   event in 2022-07-21 is disappeared .  Actually, I want to change the whole series  event between  2022-07-21 and 2022-07-23 by changing the event in 2022-07-22.

Would you tell me how to solution this problem?

Thank you so much !

y
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 Jul 2022
0 answers

Hi,

I'm not sure if the issue I have is related to kendo ui, but seeing an issue where code I run on my local computer on central time works fine, but when I deploy to the server (eastern time), some of my dates are shifting in the Scheduler control when I iterate through it.

I'm using the kendo.parseDate function on start/end dates

return kendo.parseDate(kendo.toString(input, 'd')).toLocaleDateString("en-US");

That works fine locally, but deployed to the server shifts an hour, which then saves the wrong date in my database.

Is there a timezone saved anywhere in the configs for developer machine that might be getting pushed to server?  Switching my computer timezone to eastern and then deploying seems to work fine.

Thanks

Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 asked on 28 Jun 2022
0 answers

Hi,

Method is https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/knowledge-base/remote-validation?_ga=2.30044991.1233608935.1653012997-543877616.1650858150

Demo is http://dojo.telerik.com/UgELisOy

In above demo,  

var remoteValidator = {
            valid: false,
            initiated: false,
            check: function(element, validator) {
            remoteValidator.initiated = true;
            //simulate Ajax
            setTimeout(function() {
                  //TODO: set to true if valid
                  remoteValidator.valid = true;

validator.validateInput(element);
                  remoteValidator.initiated = false;
            }, 1000);
          }
      };

The form cannot be submitted normally.

Thank you for your help!

sun
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 asked on 31 May 2022
0 answers

I have a scheduler in month view - the events are extending beyond the day slow, starting with 2 pixels past slot, then 4, then 6, then 8 etc.

I've zoomed in and shown with a couple of lines on each one to show how each event is going further and further beyond bounds

Once I get a lot of data in the scheduler, this starts to look worse and worse.  Any chance there is a fix for this?

Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 asked on 11 May 2022
0 answers

We are using jquery-1.11.3.js and implemented Kendo UI Jquery Virtual Vertical Grouping Scheduler Control (2021.3.1207). 

We upgraded the jquery to jquery-3.6.0.js and also jquery-1.12.4.js but unable to open popup on double click of event or day.

Please find below screenshot of JavaScript errors we are getting.

Snehal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Feb 2022
0 answers

Hello,
I try to display all the events on my schedule (timeline view) as an all day event. Found a post on stackoverflow with exactly the same question but no working answer. I know I should use _positionEvent, but I don't know how. Can you help me how to do it?

Thanks in advance!
Frank

Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 30 Nov 2021
0 answers

In versions prior to 2021 SP2, multi-day events appeared in the AllDay area. I see that is no longer the case. How do I get back to this behavior which is the one I want, because it allows me to separate the long events from the short ones?

With several events in a day, I no longer see the text on each of them (see image).

Bridge24
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 13 Aug 2021
0 answers

I have a Scheduler Project that allows for the selection on multiple "Attendees" like some of the samples.

My problem is how to save that field to a Web API with a MS SQL backend.

The CRUD endpoints work perfectly until I introduce the Attendee's array.

e.g. [1,2]

I can define it in the Model as type: "string" and it will save it in the SQL as nvarchar(MAX).

attendees: {
                                    type: "string",
                                    nullable: true
                                },

Just can't get it back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Jun 2021
0 answers
From the official 2016 Q2 Release (2016.2.504) the Scheduler will start using comma (previously semicolon) as delimiter for the recurrence exceptions. Also the Scheduler will no longer add trailing delimiter to the recurrence exception.

This change was required as the previous behavior does not conform to the RFC5545 spec:

From the official 2016 Q2 Release (2016.2.504) the Scheduler will start using comma (previously semicolon) as delimiter for the recurrence exceptions. Also the Scheduler will no longer add trailing delimiter to the recurrence exception. This change driven by the RFC5545 spec (previous behavior was incorrect):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#page-120
The following changes are required to all events that have "recurrenceException" set:
  1. Remove the trailing semicolon delimiter
  2. Replace all occurrences of semicolon with comma
//Old recurrence exception:
recurrenceException:"20160603T050000Z;20160503T050000Z;"

//New recurrence exception:
recurrenceException:"20160603T050000Z,20160503T050000Z"

Apologies for the caused inconvenience.
Kendo UI
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Jun 2016
0 answers

What would be the easiest way to make the start and end have separate pickers for their date and time parts?  I tried doing it in a template, but they just interfere with each other, since they were bound to the same property, so I don't think that's going to work out.  My appointment models are already large, so I didn't want to add yet another property, but if that's the only way...

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Jul 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron