Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
1 answer

Hello,

we are considering adopting KendoUI DataGrid for a legacy application rewrite and I was wondering if there's a way to implement filtering of the data by clicking on a specific value in a cell, like in the screenshot below (clicking on any date will filter the grid by that date):

Constraints are:

• Data is remote, so not completely loaded in memory
  • Ideally I would like to avoid creating custom GridCells, but if it's the only way then it's OK.
  • We cannot deviate from this UI pattern as users find it particularly convenient.

Any link to specific docs or examples would be much appreciated!

I looked through the documentation and examples but it's not clear if it's something that is achievable without a massive customisation of the cell components. I also have zero experience with the library as I'm looking at it for the first time as we're considering our options for the UI library to use to rewrite the application, so apologies in advance if I missed anything obvious from the docs!

Thank you

Diego

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2024
1 answer

Hello there. We have a grid using the process method to filter rows. We're currently using version 5.16.1, Typescript and wanted know if there was a way to dynamically hide (or show) the column menu filter icons in the header using an external button's onClick function?

In our project, we have columns that are using a custom header cell so filtering is not available on those specific columns. However, we just want to be able to click a button outside of the grid that can toggle the filter icons to show which columns are available to filter at the same time.

Would that be possible?

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2024
1 answer
Which version must one download to get all the translations for these languages "en-US", "fr-CA", "de-DE", and "zh-CN"?

We seem to be missing translations in Canadian French "fr-CA" for "Sort Ascending", "Sort Descending", "And", and "Or".
Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2024
0 answers
I want the filter to be applied when the Enter key is pressed after entering the filter.
junghoon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hello.

Is it possible to set filtering in React grid to work the same as in jQuery grid?

In the jQuery grid, if I use a row filter and a column menu filter at the same time, the column filter also changes when typing in the row. I don't know about React. Is this possible or do you plan to do it in the future?

Thanks.

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hi All,

I used a Numeric filter and found that I can only input up to three decimal places. If I want to enter four decimal places, need to use Custom Filter Cells.

However, I found that when using it, if the user is allowed to input to four decimal places, format="n4" must be set.
After setting, the input integer digits will be automatically filled with 0, and even if I clear the NumericTextBox, 0.0000 will still be displayed.

There is no good implementation of data filtering, do you have any suggestions?

Nkpwnb (forked) - StackBlitz

Regards,
Sunny

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi All

I use Master-Detail Grids, and details grid have columns filter, when I scroll master grid, the filterOperators of detail will exceed components.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

P4acyg (forked) - StackBlitz

Regards,
Sunny
Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2024
2 answers
Hello.

I am trying to use your react grid with data passed in as props with filtering and sorting. I am following this article as a guide - https://www.telerik.com/blogs/sorting-filtering-grouping-kendoreact-data-grid. My issue is that when I pass the data in via props, it does not initially appear. If I actually try filtering, the data will show up. My issue is here -

const [resultState, setResultState] = React.useState(
   process(props.gridData, initialDataState)
 );

This does not seem to work on the initial rendering of the component. Again, when I start filtering, everything shows up properly. I have read that using props to set an initial state is considered an anti-pattern. Thus, I know something is off here.

Almost all of your examples use data from a json file. However, I have retrieved my data from a rest endpoint and I'm passing it in to my grid component via props.

If I simply use the grid without filtering and sorting with the data passed in as props, everything works fine. However, I would like to use your filtering and sorting capabilities.

Please help

Thanks
Sunil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 07 Feb 2024
1 answer

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with a custom GridColumnMenuFilter cell.  The component is very simple:

import * as React from "react";
import {
  GridColumnMenuFilter,
  GridColumnMenuProps,
} from "@progress/kendo-react-grid";

export default function ColumnMenu(props: GridColumnMenuProps) {
  return (
    <div>
      <GridColumnMenuFilter {...props} expanded={true} />
    </div>
  );
};

I'm trying to get this to work within the Master headers on a Master/Detail grid.  Previously the grid was not a Master/Detail grid and the filter popup was working fine, however when it was refactored to a Master/Detail grid the filter popups are not being displayed when the sideways elipsis is clicked.  Unfortunately no js errors are being reported in the browser console, there is just a warning about a stylesheet not loading in time.  My question is, are custom GridColumnMenuFilter cells, or any filtering at all, supported in a Master/Detail grid?  If so, is there anything specific we would need to do to enable this?

Any assistance is definitely appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Johnson

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2024
1 answer

Greetings,

I have a table row that contains a string: "Disallow: * Siri Suggestions * Camera Access * Screen recording"

When I try to filter it using the following text input: ": " (a colon with a space), I'm not getting any results.

It only works if I type a colon without the space. Please help, thanks!

Jason

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jan 2024
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron