Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
2 answers

I want to add a custom combobox with filtering in incell grid editing.  I followed this example. But filtering is not working. Please help

Abhishek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 01 Apr 2024
1 answer

I am trying perform inline edit in the grid. when the grid is in edit mode, i want to have a custom combobox cell. I got the values in the combobox also. but the selected value is not flowing to the grid when i click on update button.  The values in the combo box is key value pair.

I followed the first example in the link:      https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/editing/editing-custom/

Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I have a grid with single column "color":

[
  {color:1},
  {color:2},
  {color:3}
]
The color column is rendered using a ComboBox cell with ComboBox data:
[
  {id: 1, name: "Red"},
  {id: 2, name: "Blue"},
  {id: 3, name: "Yellow"}
]

So the ComboBox displays the name of the color, and the value is the id of the color. Everything works fine so far. Now I want to use GridColumnMenuCheckboxFilter as the column filter.  But the filter shows [1, 2, 3] as the options because that is all the values of the column. How to show the color names instead?

Thanks!

Jie

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hi,

We have an editable grid with multiple different editable field types outside of the basic TextInput including date fields, Combobox and multiselect. One requirement is to have the Enter key add a new row to the grid from the field in the last column - no mouse involvement, only keyboard navigation. With a field type of Text Input we can successfully implement with the onKeypress event. How can this event be implemented on the other field types that may be present as the editable field in the last column?

Example stackblitz here: https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-cw51ay-yswpbg?file=app%2Fmain.jsx

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2022
1 answer
1.0K+ views

Hello,

I am currently working to implement Kendo React grid column filters (specifically the GridColumnMenuFilter) on custom cell columns in a grid and have run into issues with our dropdown cell columns.

We are using the Kendo React combobox component as a custom cell in our grids, but are running into issues with the filtering due to the nature of the control having both a value and description which need to be different. Right now, when we type into our column menu filter, it is filtering the column based on whether the dropdown value (the code behind the description the user sees) matches the filter instead of trying to match the description (which is unhelpful for end users). Is there a way to have the column menu filter for this specific column use the description of the column instead of the value (without messing up the combobox displayed description) or will this likely take a lot of extra coding to implement? Any thoughts or feedback on this issue would be helpful!

Thanks,

Andrew

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2021
1 answer

Hi There,

I am using the Field with Combobox component, and I set allowCustom=true. And, the Component cannot get the Init{Edit DataGrid ROW value} value.

Here is code

Thank you,
<Form onSubmit={props.onSubmit} initialValues={props.item}
         render={formRenderProps => <FormElement>
              <fieldset className={"k-form-fieldset"}>
                <div className="mb-6">
                <Field component={ComboBox} name="prod_name" data={prodNameList} required={true} textField="name" 
                dataItemKey="value"  value={selectedName}
                 onChange={onChangeSelectedName} allowCustom={true} label={"Prod Name"}/>
                </div>
              </fieldset>
              <div className="k-form-buttons">
                <button type={"submit"} className="k-button k-primary" disabled={!formRenderProps.allowSubmit}>
                  Update
                </button>
                <button type={"submit"} className="k-button" onClick={props.cancelEdit}>
                  Cancel
                </button>
              </div>
            </FormElement>} />

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron