Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for Angular Forum
1 answer

Hi there,

Recently we started working on accessibility issues on angular 15 app  Currently we are using the below version for kendo grid.

"@progress/kendo-angular-grid": "^4.7.0",

And we are facing some issues from kendo grid and wanted to check if these get sorted out if the kendo grid version is updated to higher versions. And if so, please suggest the version no.. 
Please find the attached issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check the issues and let us know how I can sort out my issues.

Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Mar 2024
1 answer
Hi,

I'm having a kendo grid with grouping rows with expand collapse buttons.

When scanned for WCAG, the header column gives an error since it has an empty header without any labels.

Any workaround to fix this?

Thanks & Regards,
Milinda 
Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2023
0 answers

[RESOLVED]

Hello,

I have integrated kendo grid with some details-grid using the KendoGridDetailTemplate. 
Everything works great, but I can't find a way of hiding the [+] sign when there is nothing to show in the details component. 

I am already using the [KendoGridDetailTemplateShowIf]="ShowDetailsCondition" but the problem i'm facing is that when the directive is called, I don't have access to the methods in my component, since "this" changes and represents the directive itself. 

<ng-template kendoGridDetailTemplate let-dataItem [kendoGridDetailTemplateShowIf]="showDetailsCondition">
                <app-cash-register-main-cash-register-action-form-details
                  [invoiceHeaders]="invoiceHeaders"
                  [quoteHeaders]="quoteHeaders"
                  [shipmentHeaders]="shipmentHeaders"
                  [subscriptionHeaders]="subscriptionHeaders"
                  [orderHeaders]="orderHeaders"
                  [creditNoteHeaders]="creditNoteHeaders"
                  [document]="dataItem">
                </app-cash-register-main-cash-register-action-form-details>
              </ng-template>

hasHeaders(dataItem): boolean {
    console.log(dataItem);
    let document = dataItem;
    const type = document.SourceEntity;
    const id = document.EntityId;
    let documentFound = [];
    switch (type) {
      case 'InvoiceHeader':
        console.log('InvoiceHeader');
        const InvoiceHeader = this.invoiceHeaders.find(q => q.Id == id);
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromHeader(InvoiceHeader, type));
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromLines(InvoiceHeader?.Lines, type));
        break;
      case 'QuoteHeader':
        console.log('QuoteHeader');
        const selectedQuoteHeader = this.quoteHeaders.find(q => q.Id == id);
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromHeader(selectedQuoteHeader, type));
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromLines(selectedQuoteHeader?.Lines, type));
        break;
      case 'SubscriptionHeader':
        console.log('SubscriptionHeader');
        const selectedSubscription = this.subscriptionHeaders.find(q => q.Id == id);
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromHeader(selectedSubscription, type));
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromLines(selectedSubscription?.Lines, type));
        break;
      case 'OrderHeader':
        console.log('OrderHeader');
        const selectedOrderHeader = this.orderHeaders.find(q => q.Id == id);
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromHeader(selectedOrderHeader, type));
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromLines(selectedOrderHeader?.Lines, type));
        break;
      case 'CreditNoteHeader':
        console.log('CreditNoteHeader');
        const selectedCreditNoteHeader = this.creditNoteHeaders.find(q => q.Id == id);
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromHeader(selectedCreditNoteHeader, type));
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromLines(selectedCreditNoteHeader?.Lines, type));
        break;
      case 'ShipmentHeader':
        console.log('ShipmentHeader');
        const selectedShipmentHeader = this.shipmentHeaders.find(q => q.Id == id);
        documentFound.push(...this.findParentDocumentFromHeader(selectedShipmentHeader, type));
        break;
    }
    if (documentFound.length > 0) {
      return true;
    }
    return false;
  }

here is my condition function: 

public showDetailsCondition(dataItem: MovementDocumentCustomer): boolean {
    console.log(dataItem);
    return (
      (dataItem.SourceEntity === 'InvoiceHeader' ||
        dataItem.SourceEntity === 'ShipmentHeader' ||
        dataItem.SourceEntity === 'OrderHeader') &&
      this.hasHeaders(dataItem)
    );
  }

error : "this.hasHeaders is not a function" => I guess it's because "this" represent now the Directive and not my component

How could I use custom methods/function from my component into my condition function without have it returning an error ?

Thanks you!
Audric 

Audric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 05 Dec 2022
0 answers

Hi,

I have grid and in every row i have a switch button .

I have a requirement to set ARIA LABEL value dynamically so that the user will know which column and row he is in. While fixing that, I found the JAWS screen reader reading additional comments(colored yellow) other than the content from ARIA LABEL. I am unable to find where it is coming from. This happens only for the first row. Also, the screen reader reads the column header for the second time. Please find the JAWS Speech history below. Attached is the screenshot of the same.

Yes/No
column 5 row 2
Column 5 row 1 Contains Controls 
Column 5 row 1 Switch Off 
Yes/No //It reads Column Header for the second time
column 4 row 1    //Additional content
Switch Pressed On 
Column 5 row 2 Switch Off 
Switch Pressed On 
Column 5 row 3 Switch Off 
Switch Pressed On 
Column 5 row 4 Switch Off 
Switch Pressed On 
Column 5 row 5 Switch Off 
Switch Pressed On

How to solve this?

Here's the stackblitz link:  https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-egapar?file=src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.ts

Thanks,

Sowmiya

Sowmiya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 May 2022
0 answers

Hi,

I have a kendo grid and in each row, I have a kendo switch button. When focusing on the kendo switch in the first row, the JAWS screen reader reads the entire grid values. The expected behavior is JAWS should read only the aria-label value along with Switch's action(Switched on or Pressed Off). I tried setting role="switch" and role="button".  How to fix this?

Here's the stackblitz link:  https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-egapar?file=src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.ts

I've attached JAWS' Speech history.

Thanks

Sowmiya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 22 Apr 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?