Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for Angular Forum
1 answer

Hello,

Am using kendo-chart inside kendo-dialog. I upgraded chart from v5.2.1 to v7.1.1, after that am getting the below error

I had ThemeService added in Provider list of the component

When i remove the ThemeService am getting the below error in the console when i try to open the dialog.

Is there any way to fix this issue or work around.

Note: Deleted node_modules and tried it didn't work

Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Dec 2022
1 answer

hi,

I am trying to sort and display Stacked Bar chart where by the the chart should display in descending order of USD (US Dollars) with 'Others' displayed at the rightmost. Please see the StackBlitz example below.

https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-10-thmpbt-onpvwr?file=src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.ts,src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.html

But it is not working as expected as I see 'Others' and few other items with Zero values displayed in the middle of the chart. Any thoughts on whats wrong here. Please note, the 'chartDataSource' has data sorted and fed to chart.

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2022
1 answer

hi,

I have a 100% Stacked Bar chart that displays various 'States'. I would like to assign same colour to those states even when toggled. For example, green should assigned only to 'Complete' state.  Having 'SeriesColor' at 'kendo-chart' component level doesn't work. Any idea how to achieve this?

Please see stackblitz example in the link below
https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-10-thmpbt-bfoybs?file=src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.ts,src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.html

With Toggle On - green is assigned to 'Complete' state

With toggle off - orange is assigned to Complete state. But I need green to remain for Complete

Regards
Karthik

Stoyan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2022
0 answers

Hi,

Currently, the Stockchart renders some dates and skips few dates automatically. Usually, the x-axis has 3 days gap between dates and the navigator axis has 1 day gap. We want the chart to display all dates from the dataset.

Please refer this link for the POC app: https://stackblitz.com/edit/kendo-stockchart-v2?file=src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.ts,src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.html

Kindly help. Thank you.

Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Dec 2022
1 answer

Hello, i need to add a cornerRadius at the top for a column chart.

You can find attached a picture of what i need.

Best regards,

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2022
1 answer

I am using a donut chart and have data with wide varying data values. This means that some of the individual segments can be very small. I would like to display the value next to each label e.g. Active [890], Backlog [2156], Rejected [2].

I need this for both labels around the chart or in the Legend on charts where I only display the legend.

Attached chart shows an example of my chart. The yellow highlights are where I'd like the data value to appear.

Thanks

Hetali
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2022
0 answers

Hi,

I have a chart where I show data of all day divided by 15 minutes (=96 values), so I have very dense columns. The labels are shown every fourth column (they label every hour) and are a bit longer (6 characters), so they overlap each other if they're not rotated.

BUT, I don't want them to be rotated by 90 degrees (it's very difficult to read them in this case).

So, I'm currious, whether there is an option

• to allow the labels to overlay into neighboring slot (so they wouldn't occupy only their slot, but their + 2 neighboring ones)
  • to set maximum angle to which labels can be rotated, so they do not overlap and are still clearly readable

Thanks for any advice.

Jiri

Jiří
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Oct 2022
1 answer

Hi everyone

I have browsed the forums, but can't seem to find a recent article. As the title says, we would like to add a "No data" template to our existing Kendo charts.

Is there a directive/template we can use in the API that will do this for us? The alternative is to create a custom overlay, but thought that Kendo would have something like this built in?

Thanks.

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2022
0 answers

I am populating a chart with dates, but I want to change the display format of the date. Right now date comes in as isoString and displays as M/dd,  but I would like to display as DayOfWeek MM/dd, is this possible to achieve?

Current output:

Desired Example:

Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 28 Sep 2022
0 answers

Under the export options for charts, there's an example of how to fit a chart to the size of your paper. Part of this example includes some kind of conversion function and a rectangle constant.

function mm(val: number): number {
  return val * 2.8347;
}

const PAGE_RECT = new geometry.Rect([0, 0], [mm(210 - 20), mm(297 - 20)]);

However, there is absolutely no explanation for these numbers. Am I converting to or from millimeters, and what's the other unit? Why am I doing this? Where are these 210 and 297 numbers coming from in the page rectangle? I can see that the minus 20 is accounting for the 1cm margin set in the PDF below, but other than that I have no idea what the origin of these numbers is.

Can someone please translate these magic numbers? Telerik, can you please add comments to the example code explaining?

Megan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 26 Sep 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?