Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for Angular Forum
0 answers

Hi,

currently I'm adding some extra function to the kendo grid. Within this I also add some styles to table cells. But if editing is allowed, after cell closing the added styles are disappearead, because the internal logic of the grid somehow refreshes the entire row.

So, the question is, how can I avoid this? Or is there some event, to which I can subscribe? Note, that I'm already subscribed to the cellClose event. Of course I can prevent the cell from closing, but then the cell remains edited.

horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
 asked on 03 Feb 2024
2 answers

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/pdf-export/auto-print/

In this scenario you have to use the checkbox.  However, I would like to use 2 buttons.  One for Download only and one for Download with auto print.  The problem I'm having is that setting the autoPrint = true in code does not work in Angular until the second time.  So it appears that Kendo does not pick up the change in value.  

Does anyone know a way to make this happen without using a checkbox?

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 30 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hi,

I read, that for 2024 you plan many new features regarding data management and copy&paste for the kendo grid. Currently I'm working on an enhanced data grid (selecting like in excel - with mouse and keyboard, editing like in excel, copy&paste like in excel). 

Can you please lay out your plans regarding this? Becase then I wouldn't put more work in this.

Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hello,

I'm trying to style the Detail Row Template, but I can only style inside the component.  What I'm trying to do is style outside the component, but inside the dropdown (blue area in the screenshot).  And ideally I want to have that color match the parent row's background color.

Following screenshot will explain everything.  Thanks!!  Note:  I was only able to style this area in the screenshot if I inject into .k-detail-row in Chrome.  I don't know where to put it in Angular code because it seems to be between the parent and child components.

Zornitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jan 2024
1 answer

I have a grid that I make a request for and when the number column is selected, it is not displaying the sum in the toolbar.

Here's the example in stackblitz:

https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-hjbr9g-stgeu8?file=src%2Fapp%2Fapp.component.ts,src%2Fapp%2Fapp.service.ts,src%2Fapp%2Fapp.module.ts

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jan 2024
1 answer
How can I stop the background color of a row changing when you hover over it?
Hetali
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2024
1 answer

I migrated kendo-angular-grid from 7.4.0 -> 14.2.0 and kendo-angular-menu from 4.0.3 -> 14.2.0 and observe that now the context menu sometimes causes the whole grid to shift upwards and off screen when displayed.  Examples of normal behaviour (good.jpg) and corrupt behaviour (corrupt.jpg) are attached below.  

If you look at the top attribute in the style applied to the kendo-popup (630px), the value is much too high. If I manually reduce it to say 200px (see corrected.jpg attached) then whole grid shifts back down to normal position.

If I console log the originalEvent.pageY value then this is value I see getting set as the top attribute value for the kendo-popup and isn't taking into account the height of the popup and whether placing it here will cause viewport overflow. Whereas when using the earlier versions of your libraries (see above),  if for example the originalEvent.pageY was reported as 772, the top value for the kendo-popup was assigned a value of 317, meaning the popup would always fit in the available viewport and not overflow it.

Can you please investigate and fix.

Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hello,

I have in the past made a parent/Children in AngularJS 1.5.5 using parentId in kendo grid.

this was the result :

Is it possible to obtain the same result in the new angular 17x with Kendo ?

I looked at the documentation but I couldn't find something related to parentId.

Kind regards

Zornitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hi

I'd like to fix an issue we have about the columns using dates, we have a dashboard and when user export the dash to Excel. 

seems like there's no problem or something, however when we proceed to open the Excel file. 

if we take a look to those columns displaying dates,  then we select any of these cells,  right click, "format cell"

Catogory is displayed as "General",  instead of date and any of the possible types-formats

so when user is trying to apply filter in excel, values for date columns are not recognized as dates.

I have been trying to modify the date format like these

//attempt3

//pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss zzz").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null
  //attempt4
  //pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("MM-dd-yy HH:mm:ss zzz").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null
  //attempt5
  //pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("MM-dd-yy 07:00:00").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null
  //attempt6
  //pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("MM-dd-yy 19:00:00").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null
  //attempt7
  //pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("MM-dd-yy'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null
  //attempt8
  //pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null
  //attempt9
  //pcagatecurrentdate requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate ? new SimpleDateFormat("MM-dd-yyyy'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ").format(requestHeaderView.pcagatecurrentdate) : null

this is how it looks like in the front end,

<kendo-grid-column
field="pcagatecurrentdate"
[columnMenu]="true"
title="{{ getTitle('pcagatecurrentdate') }}"
tooltip=""
[locked]="false"
width="110"
>
<ng-template
kendoGridFilterMenuTemplate
let-filter
let-column="column"
let-filterService="filterService"
>
<app-date-range-filter
[field]="column.field"
[filter]="filter"
[filterService]="filterService"
>
</app-date-range-filter>
</ng-template>
<ng-template kendoGridCellTemplate let-dataItem>
<span
[ngClass]="{
okProjectStatus:
dataItem.projectConceptApprovedStatus ==
'ok',
warningProjectStatus:
'warning',
dangerProjectStatus:
'danger'
}"
>
{{
dataItem.pcagatecurrentdate != null
? (dataItem.pcagatecurrentdate
| date : 'dd-MMM-yyyy')
: ''
}}
</span>
</ng-template>
</kendo-grid-column>

but at the end all the dates still displayed as "General"

and this is the target I would like to reach

I appreciate any suggestions you may have

Thanks

Victor M.

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hello,

I'm planning on migrating an old AngularJS 1.5.5 (working with KendoUI) to latest angular 17.X with Kendo UI and I have some questions about Odata integration.

Is filtering, paging and sorting working "built-in" with odata ? I couldn't find any documentation forfiltering, for ex, with odata.

Do you have any example ?

Kind regards,

Musab

Zornitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2024
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?