Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for Angular Forum
1 answer

To reproduce this issue please select your time zone as any time zone of US (eastern, central or pacific) select the date of date light saving change either the start or end of day light saving i.e the 2nd Sunday of March or November click on 4 am (or to be precise add your time zone offset to 2 am and click on any for example for eastern standard time any time from 2am to  7 am) it returns the wrong time. This can be observed for any kendo scheduler version from 2.1.6 to 15..1.0. 

The ideal behavior for any time after the change time i,e 2 am should return the value of the slot clicked but as of now it is incorrect for any value till 2+offest of the the time zone with day light saving. 

To reproduce this select a US time zone as mentioned (eastern, central or pacific) select 10th march 2024 or 3rd November 2024 and select 3am, 4 am , 5am etc. 

https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-st2crm

Let me know if you need more details

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi,

We have a requirement, where we are using supporting internationalization for only date, numbers and currency. We do not want the calendar months to be displayed in local language. For example, when we set the LOCALE_ID, useValue: 'pt-PT', we don't want the calendar months to be displayed in Portugues. We want it to be SU, MO etc. Is this achievable?

Regards,

Jyothi

Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2023
1 answer
I am using kendo-daterange component. I need to apply background color for the week number column since weeknumber column is greyed out more .

My pesudo code below:
--------------------
Styles :
-------
.weeknumber-cell{
    color : red;
}
------
<kendo-daterange>
<kendo-daterange-popup>
  <ng-template kendoDateRangePopupTemplate>
<kendo-multiviewcalendar kendoDateRangeSelection [selectionRange]="range" [weekNumber]="true"
  (selectionRangeChange)="handleSelectionRange($event)">
  <ng-template kendoCalendarWeekNumberCellTemplate let-context="cellContext">
<span class="weeknumber-cell">{{context.formattedValue}}</span>
  </ng-template>
</kendo-multiviewcalendar>
  </ng-template>
</kendo-daterange-popup>
</kendo-daterange>
Manjunath
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 20 Sep 2023
1 answer

The calendar popup is not getting closed even after selecting the date or clicking outside.

This is how I have integrated data picker in my component.

<kendo-datepicker *ngIf="formControl.allowEditing && !disabled && active" placeholder="mm/dd/yyyy"
    [formControlName] = "controlName" [min]="minDate" [max]="maxDate" [disabledDates]="disableDates" >

</kendo-datepicker>

Hetali
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2023
1 answer

In Calendar month view, can I adjust the start day of the week?

Setting Saturday as the first day of the week is an example.

https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-vth9pa?file=src/app/app.component.ts

Hetali
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2023
1 answer

I can use the value but then when I click on the calendar it highlights only the day that was clicked... I don't want clicking on a value to highlight it.. I want the collection of highlighted dates to be left alone..  How would I do this  ? And how can I control the css for example.. Make the dates in the collection highlight with a blue font ..

<kendo-calendar (valueChange)="onChangeCalendarFilter($event)" [value]="trainingDates"

selection="multiple"></kendo-calendar>

//create array of date ranges from course dates
            for (let i = 0; i < this.trainingRequests.length; i++) {
                let startDate: Date = new Date(this.trainingRequests[i].sessionStartDate);
                let endDate: Date = new Date(this.trainingRequests[i].sessionEndDate);
                //create array of dates between start and end date
                for (var a = [], d = new Date(startDate); d <= new Date(endDate); d.setDate(d.getDate() + 1)) {
                    this.trainingDates.push(new Date(d));
                }
            }
Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2022
1 answer
Is it possible to change day names (SU to SUN or MO to MON) in kendo angular calendar
Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jul 2022
2 answers
Hi everyone

Now I am using "@progress/kendo-angular-dateinputs": "^4.3.2". The type of 'classic' for calendar is not available on my project. The view of classic calendar is the same with infinity calendar. I could not find what is the problem. Please, Help me If Someone has found or known this issue
Yuri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 19 Jan 2022
1 answer
From 11/06/2021 to 11/06/2020.. Only select the year and don't want to chosse the month and date. It should remain same. 
Martin Bechev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jun 2021
1 answer

Hello,

I need a Calendar component which would allow me to select a single date, multiple dates or a date range.

I see this feature is available on the Vue Calendar component :

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-vue-ui/components/dateinputs/calendar/dates/#toc-setting-the-selected-date

However, it's not mentioned in the Angular one :

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/dateinputs/calendar/dates/#toc-selected-dates)

Could you please confirm wether this feature is accessible on both Frameworks or only on Vue ?

This will determine whether or not I'm going to use Kendo UI in my next project.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Svet
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2020
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?