This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Reorder columns not working in new version ( 2012.3.1315)

14 Answers 297 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kenneth asked on 25 Jan 2013, 04:18 AM
Since I have update my trial version(it was 2012.3.1314) to commercial version(2012.3.1315)
) we got a new issue. Column reordering does not work at all. I think it is an issue with kendoDraggable. Here is the JsFidddle .

Here is the GithHub issue

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jan 2013, 01:28 PM
Hi Kenneth,

KendoUI requires jQuery v1.8.2. For more information please check the JavaScript dependencies help topic.

I updated the jQuery version of your jsFiddle from 1.7.1 to 1.8.3 and got everything to work as expected. Here is a link to the modified example: http://jsfiddle.net/YF7ny/29/

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Ove
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2013, 01:20 AM
Hello Alexander,

the fiddle you pointed to works in Chrome and Firefox/Windows - not on IE9,Windows, though.
Is this a known limitation?

Regards,
Ove
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 03:42 PM
Hello Ove,

I tried to reproduce the issue in IE9 but to no avail. Could you please check the screen cast and let me know what I am missing?

Kind regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Ove
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 04:40 PM
Absolutely, thanks for looking in to this.
http://www.screencast.com/t/TOfpmCnUZDe

In the video, it may look like I would not be releasing the mouse button - rest assured, I did....
And it works well in chrome + firefox.

IE9 version: 9.0.8112.16421 
Update Versions: 9.0.12 (KB2761465)
--> so identical to the one you used in your video.

Verified on another machine - same thing. Mysterious.
Happy to do a teamviewer presentation if desired.

Thanks,
Ove

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Ove,

I tested it again. It seems that everything is working fine if you open the developer tools of the browser. Could you please verify that? I assume that the issue is connected with the console.log statement. Here is a version that do not have logs: http://jsfiddle.net/YF7ny/32/

Kind regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Ove
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2013, 02:52 PM
Hello Alexander,

you are absolutely right - the version you pointed to works flawlessly. 

Thanks again for your help,
Ove
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2013, 10:46 AM
Hi Alexander ,

I have updated jquery version to 1.8.3 (and jquery-ui-1.8.11) and now the column resizing is not working. but I get the resize handle. In after the dataBind event the grid get shrinked (reduces  height).  I'm not getting any errors.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Kenneth,

I already replied to you in another forum thread (link). Most probably the reason for this problem is the same.

Regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2013, 04:54 AM
Hi Alexander,

I'm not the one who posted that issue :) . Any way I'm using jquery 1.8.3 and jquery ui v1.8.24 are those not compatible ?
Accepted
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2013, 12:57 PM
Hello Kenneth,

I apologize for the mistake. The author of the aforementioned forum post had a similar problem which was caused by the jQuery UI version. After update to jQuery UI 1.8.23 everything started to work fine.

I am not expert in jQuery UI, however I believe that since it works with 1.8.23 it should work with 1.8.24 as well. Originally you said that you are using 1.8.11. Does the problem persists after the update or does the problem persists if you exclude jQueryUI from the page? Could you please provide a small jsFiddle/jsBin example that I can examine?

Thank you in advance for the cooperation.

Kind regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2013, 03:48 AM
Hi Alexander,

Here is the new status,

1. I can't exclude jquery Ui and to the test because then my page is not going to work at all.

2.With this versions,
   Jquery  1.8.3,jquery ui 1.8.24, kendo UI v2012.3.1315 -- Everything works except I get an issue while column hiding/reordering . I have a table with more than 20 columns with paging enabled , 100 records per page.  And I have implemented a column selector which hide?show the columns according to user's selection. 

setCoulumnVisibility = function (columnDetails, visible) {
 if (columnDetails.field != null && columnDetails.field.length > 0) {
              var th = $('#resultGrid .k-grid-header table th[data-field="' + columnDetails.field + '"][data-title="' + columnDetails.title + '"]');

var index = $('#resultGrid .k-grid-header table th').index(th);
              var gridData = $("#resultGrid").data("kendoGrid");
              if (visible == false) {
                  gridData.hideColumn(index);
              } else {
                  gridData.showColumn(index);
              }
          }

},
but when do some quick show hiding and drag and drop some columns the grid doesn't seems to be consistent, some column headers are not representing the relevant column. and sometimes the alignment of column header and the column is wrong.

2. So then we have changed the kendo version to v2012.3.1114 and then it's works fine  we couldn't recreate the column header issue but now we are in a big trouble. In all the kendo windows the drop down(not the kendo dropdown it's just the html select ) lists are not working at all.  When we open a window at the first time we can click the drop down but we can't select any option. Then even we click the drop down it's not going to show the option(just like read only). This issue is only with Firefox and IE, with chrome it works fine :( .

So we are in a big trouble here.. 
Now I'm trying to make a jsfiddle example for you.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2013, 05:01 PM
Hello Kenneth,

As I said in my previous reply, in order to assist you further we will need a small example that demonstrates the issues. The issue described in #2 sounds like a known bug, which is already fixed in the latest internal build. Please download it and give it a try.

Regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2013, 06:38 AM
Hi Alexander,

We can't take the latest other than  v2012.3.1114 since we are getting this strange behavior(the first issue) when show/hide with some moving of columns in the grid. This time I have prepared a sample in jsFiddle http://jsfiddle.net/YF7ny/43/ . Here we are using  Jquery  1.8.3,jquery ui 1.8.24, kendo UI v2012.3.1315 .  You can test it by giving some value to the text box (example= 1) and after that clicking "Hide Show" button above the grid. Then you will see that the column headers are not consistent .  
I have added a screenshot from my browser as well.  

Thanks for the info and support !

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2013, 03:42 PM
Hi Kenneth,

The issue demonstrated in jsFiddle example is caused by a known bug, which is already fixed and the fix is available in the latest internal build which you can download from your account. I tested your code with the resources from the latter release and got everything to work as expected.
Please download it and give it a try.

Regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
Ove
Top achievements
Rank 1