Telerik Forums
Fiddler Forum
2 answers

Hello, I am IT for our compnay. We have a developer who is using Fiddler on a macOS Ventura with Temp admin rights. The rights need to be engaged and only last for 60 minutes.

The developer says that Fiddler requires full admin all the time for Fiddler to adjust system proxy settings at startup.

The developer says that the mac has lost all internet connectivity because Fiddler does not have access to manage proxy settings at startup. Is this true?

Please advise. Notes from developer below

---

Subject: Mac lost internet connection with Fiddler

Hi Russell, a similar situation happened again. Steps: - run "Grant admin privileges 60 min" - run "Fiddler Everywhere" - change system proxy settings
Then, after about 5-7 minutes, i got the message "Grant admin privileges 60 minutes" has expired.
I can't get "Grant admin privileges for 60 minutes" in self service. I can't restore system proxy settings without administrator.
For now i have an internet connection through Chrome and i'm logged in. Please advice on system recovery

--

Subject: Mac lost internet connection with Fiddler

Hi R,

The software we have used was Fiddler 

https://www.telerik.com/fiddler

It has an option to “Act as system proxy on startup”.

So when Fiddler is launched – it requires to enter admin’s password to modify global system proxy settings. Also when you finish work and close it – once again admin’s password is required to remove global proxy settings.

Regards,

R

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2023
1 answer

Im using fiddler every where V2.2.0, and this problem has been quite a while.

It's normal when i capturing data such as html/json/text(or it just too small to be noticed), but when it comes to image/video, fiddler every where will use up all memory very quickly, even if i didn't capture that huge amount of data. And there is no way avoid this, setting rules or click remove all doesn't help, the only solution is restart fiddler, which is annoying because in nearly 99% memory used, it's no possiable to do anything unless you want to wait several minutes for a simple file save location selecte window to pop up.

I've tried using the Rules(Do not capture/Graceful close/ Non graceful close), and it doesn't help.

Here's a screenshot when i capture tiktok's video info, taffic useage is only 50MB~, and data includes video/image/protobuf/json/html. With a time passed by, and some anaylize of thoes text body(no image nor video body), memory use 32GB.

What the h?

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron