Telerik Forums
Fiddler Forum
1 answer

Good day,

so im running the trial versions, and it seems like i have to configure every device i want to monitor individually?

cant i point my router to fiddler and through that see all my connected devices?

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2024
1 answer
Despite inputting the correct data, the Speakatoo API is not yielding the anticipated or desired output, leading to unexpected results or errors.
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2023
1 answer
The issue at hand involves correctly inputting the required data into the Speakatoo API, but it is not functioning as expected. Further investigation and troubleshooting are needed to identify and resolve the problem, ensuring the API operates as intended.
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi Team,

My requirement is to capture the Mobile traffic through fiddler which is installed on windows. I am unable to configure and unable to download fiddler trusted root certificate. Can you please give us a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Eesufvali

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2023
1 answer
1.1K+ views
I am following the below documentation in order to view the traffic from an Android device. However, my traffic is not being captured in Fiddler and when I have the manual proxy settings enabled then my device appears to block any traffic. Could you help please? Are there any other instructions that I can follow?

https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/configure-fiddler/tasks/configureforandroid#configure-android-device

Thanks. 
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2023
1 answer
Hello everyone , i trying to capture my friend iphone not on my network, in his iphone he set the proxy is my pc puplic ip and set the port is smae fiddler port. Even that he cannot acces to my pc .
anyone know how to make it possible: and how to traffic other phones not on my network. 
thankx 
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2022
3 answers
4.2K+ views

Hi,

I have been using HTTPS decryption in Windows Fiddler for years, to inspect the traffic to and from my app.
And it has been working perfectly on both my Samsung phone with Android 12 and my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 12.5.5.

Recently I got an iPhone 11 with iOS 15.1, and find myself completely unable to get it to work ðŸ˜¢

Because I know, that requirements for certificates have been strengthened in recent versions of iOS, I have now ended up "resetting" the certificate in Fiddler and creating a new root certificate. I have successfully removed the old certificates and installed the new Fiddler certificate on both the Samsung and the iPhone 6 Plus, following the Capture Traffic from iOS Device guide, and everything works like a charm.

On the iPhone 11, I have also installed the certificate:

And I have enabled full trust for it:

And yet, if I try to visit e.g. https://google.com/ in Safari, I get an error message telling me that "This Connection Is Not Private":

And if I click "view the certificate", it shows that the google.com certificate, issued under the Fiddler root, is "Not Trusted" - with no indication as to why???

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 updated answer on 15 Dec 2021
0 answers

I have Fiddler up and running on box A.  I can see all traffic from my local machine and my autoresponders are working as expected.

On my Android cell phone I have set up the network to use box A as proxy.  The pages are being rendered in the Android browser as expected and autoresponders are giving the correct data as expected, but none of the traffic is showing in the Fiddler UI.

Any idea?

Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Nov 2021
1 answer
3.5K+ views

I am using Fiddler to capture android app traffic by following this tutorial here: https://www.telerik.com/blogs/how-to-capture-android-traffic-with-fiddler

I've successfully set up everything and I'm able to capture traffic just that I'm also getting traffic from my windows machine where I have fiddler installed and acting as a proxy.

1. How can I config fiddler to only show captured traffic just from my android device?
  2. Moreover, if I've installed the certificate and configured the proxy on 2 different android devices how can I differentiate between the two? Right now the only solution is to turn wifi off on one of the devices.
  3. Is there a way I can see somewhere in the left traffic list stream window or the right Inspectors window and tabs what's the ip of the device that the traffic data belongs to? For example, my android device 1 has 192.168.0.10 and android device 2 has 192.168.0.20. I would like to see somewhere in the request and/or response this IP for the same reason described above - to be able to differentiate traffic captured from one source from the other.
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2021
0 answers

On Android 10 device after all steps from the tutorial - I'm able to see some traffic from my app I'm trying to debug, for example, some requests that are sent to AppCenter.ms in plain text decrypted from https, but not anything else what is very weird:)

Vitaliy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 15 Sep 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron