But I don't want to request now

How to resubmit the session?

Sorry, my English is not good

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2021
0 answers

My project: https://www.telerik.com/forums/attachments/1024176

On this project, for example, when I enter the yahoo.com site, I can change the response result of this site. However, when I want to change this page yahoo.com/fiddler_love and enter this page, I get 404 error result. 404 Error Response I cannot change the response value of the pages I receive. How can I change the response value of the pages that I get a 404 error, that is, nonexistent? For example, in the application I gave in the link above, I can change the response value of the yahoo.com page. Because such a page exists, but yahoo.com/fiddler_love this page's response does not change.

Because there is no such page. In summary, how can I change the response value of this page? 404 How does the response value change regardless? Thanks <3

Dream
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Jun 2021
1 answer

var ip = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses("google.com")[0].ToString();

When the program is run through Fiddler. The above code returns the localhost IP.
I try setting breakpoints at BeforeRequest and BeforeResponse and AfterSessionComplete but no event is recorded?
May I ask is there a way to make it return the correct google.com IP?
Administrator
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 08 Jun 2021
1 answer

Hi,

Is there a way to handle Modern Authentication with fiddlercore? 

Thanks,

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2021
18 answers
1.3K+ views

Problem: When calling FiddlerApplication.Startup(startupSettings), experiencing an intermittent ~5-10% of all instances of this call, a failure to capture traffic, all other instances it works as expected.

• FiddlerApplication instance is not throwing any errors when this happens
  • FiddlerApplication.Log.OnLogString is also not producing any log lines to indicate why this may be occurring

When it works, we see (brief sample) FiddlerApplication logging like this:

• Setting upstream gateway to none
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker> Invoking CertEnroll for Subject: CN=*.somesite.net, O=DO_NOT_TRUST, OU=Created by http://www.fiddler2.com; Thread's ApartmentState: MTA
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker> Finished CertEnroll for 'CN=*.somesite.net, O=DO_NOT_TRUST, OU=Created by http://www.fiddler2.com'. Returning cert
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker>31 A racing thread already successfully CreatedCert(*.somesite.net)
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker> Invoking CertEnroll for Subject: CN=*.www.othersite.com, O=DO_NOT_TRUST, OU=Created by http://www.fiddler2.com; Thread's ApartmentState: MTA
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker> Reusing PrivateKey for '*.www.othersite.com'
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker> Root Certificate located; private key in container 'b4b5bddc0d8ff99a64e1f97df8016840_3049990c-dfd5-4a02-97c7-fb6cb7179000'
  • [Fiddler] No HTTPS request was received from (msedge:15904) new client socket, port 54026.

When it does not work, these are the only lines that FiddlerApplication logs:

• Setting upstream gateway to none
  • /Fiddler.CertMaker> Root Certificate located; private key in container 'bb04e7ae8f85fb676707737774021be5_67cd9fb4-0771-4c3d-8869-a56e07389aaa'

We only have 1 reliable way of reproducing this, but have found it to occur when the one condition for the reproduction is not met as well

• The reproduction involves a Click2Run update that does not work properly having the main application calling a older version of our library that encapsulates all of the FiddlerApplication implementation
  • We have no indication why/how this is happening currently, nor why executing the older version of the DLL is producing this result with FiddlerApplication
  • We have seen this repo’d in at least 1 instance (with reports of many others as well) where it appears the properly updated/expected dll was invoked
  • We have yet to rule out if the issue from the 100% reproducible variant is also manifesting in some way here as well

Consequently we see no traffic captured and logged by FiddlerApplication, and then no SAZ file is produced, which may* be expected since FiddlerApplication did not log CertEnrolls for anything nor throw an error.

We have suspicions we are unable to confirm currently as follows:

• Our FiddlerApplication Cert, Proxy, or StartUp settings code is somehow flawed in a way we cant identify that is producing this unexpected transient result
  • The reproductions by our customers that exist outside of the failed C2R update reproduction has a complex local environment (Certs/Proxy/other) that is fashioning valid start up settings/environment for FiddlerApplication to run without issue, but during runtime it is listening in an unexpected way/domain such as to not actually be able to see/monitor/capture the desired traffic.
  • The previously mentioned update repro’s root cause existing when it appears the correct dll is executed

Any help identify to the root cause for the issue described here as we have no indication from logging or Exceptions, and make any recommendation we need to take to remediate such issue.

Bryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Mar 2021
1 answer

Hey,

So currently I am coding a Program and want to use the CertMaker.dll as embedded resource and want to load it from resources so I don't have to extract it to the same folder as the program i am running. This also works, it creates the certificate as it should but it doesn't fake the requests then.

I cant use the CertMaker.dll as Resource. Is there any workaround?

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Mar 2021
3 answers

Hey all,

I got the following error while I'm importing the following pcap in Fiddler which I earlier convert from .saz to .pcap. Can anyone please tell how can I fix this error

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2021
7 answers
Hi,
I have been using fiddler from last 4 months and whenever I convert .saz file into .pcap it hides the Ethernet II information, as the picture is attached for the reference.

Regards,
Faris Alyy
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2021
2 answers
When I'm trying to install fidder Cert Maker, it cannot seem to detect the Fiddler install, despite the fact that I just installed Fiddler Everywhere 1.1.1. Is there a work around to get it to install?
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2020
1 answer

Hello,

There is an old library which I do not have the source.It is a client library for an API endpoint. 

I need to log which requests are made from which function. Since library is used in a multithreaded environment, and I cannot alter the requests and responses, I'm stuck.

One way would be creating a series of proxies and assigning them to client before each function call, but it seems very inefficient.

Any thoughts?

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron