Telerik Forums
Fiddler Forum
1 answer
When i capture traffic and try to load something on the page i get logged out...... when i turn capturing off and reload the page everything is fine all pages load fine .... is this a Security issue like a WAF?? a Captcha issue ? or a Cloudflare Issue?  I have tls1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 enabled
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2024
1 answer

Hi,

There is an issue with the Progress Telerik Fiddler Web Debugger.

When the system is trying to connect with a websocket endpoint which can't be reached it won't show up in the stream.

It's just completely missing. I would expect that the the websocket should show up in red with a 404 result.

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2024
1 answer

I am developing a Chrome extension that activates a proxy. When I enable the VPN and reload the page, the following steps should occur:

1. The Chrome browser makes a request to the proxy.
2. The proxy sends a response with a 407 code.
3. Chrome should call chrome.webRequest.onAuthRequired and provide credentials to the proxy.

However, I don't see any browser interactions with the proxy server.

Is it possible to observe the interaction between Chrome and the proxy using Fiddler?

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jan 2024
1 answer

Is it possible with Fiddler Core to completely replace a response like its possible with Fiddler Classic to do in the "RAW" section if you put a breakpoint before the Response?

Thanks

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2024
1 answer

I have a library that I'm testing out and the .Net Framework 4.6.2 project logs just fine with the normal app.config values.  When I set up the same project using .Net 6/7 I can't seem to get it to capture any packets.

I run netsh command under an elevated privilege command prompt before starting fiddler and then I run the debug mode in VS 2022 and see no entries come across fiddler.  

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh winhttp set proxy 127.0.0.1:8888

Current WinHTTP proxy settings:

Proxy Server(s) :  127.0.0.1:8888
    Bypass List     :  (none)

The only way I can get it to log anything is to enable "Act as a system proxy on startup".  This isn't too practical as then I'm seeing all traffic, which is a lot.

The request is to an https-enabled site.

Is there something I need to do differently in this case?

All of the articles I have read points to this as the correct direction, but they are all 2019 or older.

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2024
1 answer
Hello.My Fiddler Classic Unable to capture traffic from Windows store.can you help me?
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2024
1 answer
I will try to be very precise in the question. I have a C# program that uses fiddler, but I want to be able to modify the fiddler script using the program for example. When opening the program it would load the script I need into fiddler or edit it within fiddler automatically. I would like to know if there is a way to do this? Automatically load or edit the rules script in real time using an external program. I prefer to edit because unpacking the custom rules in the folder generally has difficulties as Windows blocks file modifications, etc. Thanks.
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jan 2024
1 answer
How can I ignore the first request for the same URL with fiddler auto responder

I want auto responder to work with the 2nd request from the same url
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2023
1 answer

Hi Fiddler Team,

I'm conducting an analysis on origin referer and have 4 scenarios:

1. No Origin, No Referer

1. No Origin, Referer Present

1. Origin Present, Referer Missing

1. Origin Present, Referer Present

Can you please help me to understand why origin and / or referer are missing (scenarios 1-3)?

Thanks!

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Dec 2023
2 answers

In my network environment, I cannot access unpkg.com, which causes some of my web pages to load improperly. I can access unpkg.zhimg.com, which can replace unpkg.com. Therefore, I'm wondering if I can use Fiddler to replace all accesses to unpkg.com with accesses to unpkg.zhimg.com. To do this, I used the following code in FiddlerScript:

if (oSession.HTTPMethodIs("CONNECT") && (oSession.PathAndQuery == "unpkg.com:443")) { 
          oSession.PathAndQuery = "unpkg.zhimg.com:443"; 
}

if (oSession.HostnameIs("unpkg.com")) oSession.hostname = "unpkg.zhimg.com";

When I try to access unpkg.com, I encounter the following error:

"fiddler.network.https> HTTPS handshake to unpkg.com (for #2) failed. System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException."

From the error message, it seems like Fiddler is still attempting to establish a connection with unpkg.com before accessing unpkg.zhimg.com. Is it possible to configure Fiddler to directly access unpkg.zhimg.com without attempting to connect to unpkg.com first?

chen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Iron
Iron
 answered on 19 Dec 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron