Installation
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Dave asked on 14 Dec 2021, 05:07 AM

I've made several attempts to install Reporting extensions in a newly installed VS2022 Preview.  Twice failed with the Control Panel, 2021.2.1110.4, and once with the Telerik_Reporting_R3_2021_SP2_15_2_21_1125_DEV.msi installer.  I didn't see any errors in the Progress Installer Logs or event logs.

What did work was running the *\VS2022\Telerik.Reporting.VsX.vsix installer directly. 

A few weeks ago, I had the same issue with reporting on VS2019. 

Why can't the Reporting installer be installed from NuGet like the Reporting Trial?

Win 10 Ent 21H1, VS 2022 Ent Preview 4.8.04084

Thx,

_D

Vesko
Telerik team
commented on 30 Dec 2021, 01:19 PM

It can be used via NuGet, however, there are some limitations which I have described in this thread. Do you have issues accessing the non trial version of the NuGet packages of Reporting?
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
commented on 30 Dec 2021, 06:06 PM

VS 2022 was able to access the non-trial repository. Thanks!
Vesko
Telerik team
commented on 04 Jan 2022, 10:55 AM

David, I am glad to hear that.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2021, 10:45 AM

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting out support team.

It seems that the installer cannot detect your Preview instance for some reason. This, however, does not cause an error. To find out what is the reason behind that we will need the installation logs. You can find them in C:\ProgramData\Progress\Installer\Logs.

The Telerik Reporting NuGet packages contain the libraries for .NET Core projects, the Reporting Engine, and the implementation of the Reporting REST WebAPI-based service where you can use the packages with the standard .NET 4.6.1 framework. However, they do not include design-time support and Visual Studio extensions. If design-time and Visual Studio extensions are not required, you can use the NuGet packages from our feed - https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Dave
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 29 Dec 2021, 05:08 AM
Tags
Installation
Asked by
Dave
Top achievements