This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Build 1413 broke DropDownList Editor for grid that was partially working in 1407

3 Answers 58 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jay asked on 20 Feb 2012, 02:31 PM
The latest internal build broke the support that was just added for having  a DropDownList editor in the grid.  Now, now matter how you click on the dropdownlist, it does not activate / open so you can't choose a value.

Even when the DropDownList was rendering perfectly in build 1407, the sample code provided wouldn't actually bind to the grid data for updates, only for the current value.  Any help is appreciated.  Using this code as directed by Kendo UI support:
{
    field: "LoanStatus_ID",
    editor: loanStatusEditor,
    template: "#=LoanStatus#",
    title: "Status this Month"
},

Combined with this...

function loanStatusEditor (container, options) {      
    $('<input name="'+ options.field + '"/>')
        .appendTo(container)
        .kendoDropDownList({
            change: function() {

},
            dataTextField: "LoanStatus",
            dataValueField: "LoanStatus_ID",
            dataSource: {
                type: "json",
                transport: {
                    read: {
                        url: "@Url.Content("~/LoanBalance/LoanStatusDropDown")"
                    }
                }
            }
    });       
}

Before the breaking change, this theoretically mostly worked, with the exception of the specification of the Template for the column.  That just throws a javascript error because it can't find the LoanStatus field.  My assumption was that there was some magic in the editor binding but that does not appear to be so.  If I change the template to read the current LoanStatus directly from the dataset (which i'm also returning there), it displays renders intiially, but after any change from the dropdown field, it still only displays the old value from the dataset (which isn't surprising).

So, the questions are:

a)  Can you please undo whatever you did to break DropDownList support from the last build to this one?
b)  Can you provide some clue as to how to best template that DropDownList editor column so that it displays the updated data after a Change?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 05:21 PM
Hello Jay,

This is a known issue. We have already fixed it and the fix will be available in the next official release of Kendo UI.

Kind regards,
Georgi Krustev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 06:08 PM
Any chance at all you can respond to the request for more info re: templating?  Especially since the bulk of the post had nothing to do with the "breaking change" bit.
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 05:18 PM
Hello Jay,

Please excuse me for not answering to the second question. The code looks OK and I will need a working sample project to review the issue locally. Thus we will resolve the problem faster.

Kind regards,
Georgi Krustev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1