Telerik Forums
UI for Blazor Forum
1 answer
My scenario is that I have a grid of User. 
a User has Roles. 

I have a column that I have used the <Template> to display a chip of each Role a User has. 

The FilterTemplate does not have a solution to filter this collection out of the box. 
Have you solved this or similar? Please share any helpful feedback here as I am blocked on this task. 

I would prefer not to filter on a concatenated string of the users roles, as if I click the filter checkbox 'Admin' it would show results for any role that had Admin in it's name. 

If you used the OnRead event, when did you apply your filter and how?  

Thanks so much for your feedback on how you've solved this for your use case. 

Nadezhda Tacheva
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Mar 2024
0 answers

Hello Telerik Team,

When i tried to bound Grid to a ExpandoObject or DataTable  I can't use filter properties .It throws unhandling Exception error. How to sort out this issue.

1 answer

I have a custom component (SearchRow) that is bound to a custom SearchParameter class. SearchParameter has IEnumerables for Fields ("Width", etc) and Operations ("Less than") as well as user-entered values. The idea being you'd select a field, an operation and enter a comparison value and that will all get passed to a service for a custom search against the database. I want to create a search bar that will be a user-addable (user clicks "Add Parameter" and a new row shows up) list of SearchRows bound to a collection of SearchParameters. Honestly I want it to look a lot like the Filter control but it seems like the Filter control is meant to act against a set of already-loaded data in a grid and I can't do that here as the searchable dataset is huge and I have to use the SearchParameter data to convert that into custom sql. 

Is the best way to do this to have a Grid in edit mode with a single column consisting of my SearchRow component and add to them and bind to them using OnRead? 

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?