Telerik Forums
UI for Blazor Forum
0 answers

Hi

I want to know. What is control over javascript when you use Blazor.

If I create web application on blazor in 2024 and after few years is blazor generate new javascript version.is there any browser combability ?

Is Blazor generate new javascript version ?

king regards,

Manish

Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 May 2024
0 answers

Hello,

I have followed the Blazor 8 Getting started instructions but am getting the error Error: Microsoft.JSInterop.JSException: Could not find 'TelerikBlazor.initMediaQuery'.

I have double checked that the  <script src="_content/Telerik.UI.for.Blazor/js/telerik-blazor.js"></script> is in the <head> of the app.razor

i have double checked that the builder.Services.AddTelerikBlazor(); is in the program.cs

and I have the

<TelerikRootComponent>
    @Body
</TelerikRootComponent>

in the root layout component MainLayout.razor.

This error causes my stylesheets not to load. Occasionally the page will load with the stylesheets, but if a clear the cache or do a CTRL-SHIFT-R, I will get the error and my styles will unload.

HALP!

George
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 12 Apr 2024
0 answers

I find with the latest Telerik extension enabled, I cannot type anything ( even plain text, with no html tags ) in the non-code section of a razor component ( .razor file ) due to excessive snippet activations ( they don't just list, they insert when spacing to the next word ).  I have played with the VS Options for both csharp and razor editor advanced settings and nothing seems to work.  There are several new settings related to snippets, but the Telerik extension doesn't seem to honor them.  For example, there is one that requires a double tab to select a snippet.  Instead, tab, space, etc select the first one in the list, meaning I am constantly fighting to remove the inserted snippet on literally every other word.  Snippets behave as expected if I disable the Telerik extension and restart VS. And it does it in both the latest Preview and non-Preview versions of Visual Studio ( installed side by side on same machine ).

I feel like this may be more related to recent .net 8 era razor editor changes in VS, some of which is experimental, as well as a "new" razor editor.  ( i have not tested in the legacy razor editor because i don't want to use the legacy razor editor in general ).  I've searched in various ways here and haven't found anyone reporting the same issue, so I'm not sure if it's just me, or if I'm the first to report it.  I don't have any other code helpers or extensions installed.

Thank you for your time and consideration.  I'm happy to jump on a teams call with anyone who might want to see it happening, although it should be easy to replicate on latest VS 2022.

Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 20 Mar 2024
0 answers

Issue Description: I'm encountering challenges with dynamically positioning the command column within the Telerik Blazor DataGrid while using a single grid component for two pages. Each page utilizes the same grid component but may have different sets of columns generated dynamically. Despite this setup, I'm unable to ensure that the command column consistently appears at the last position in the grid on both pages.

Background: In my application, I've implemented Telerik Blazor's DataGrid component to display tabular data across multiple pages. To streamline development and improve code maintainability, I've opted to use a single grid component shared between two pages. Each page may have a different set of columns generated dynamically based on the specific requirements of the page. Additionally, the data source for the grid is an ExpandoObject, and I'm using a loop to dynamically generate columns.

Current Approach: My current approach involves dynamically generating columns using a loop for each page's specific requirements. However, due to the shared nature of the grid component and the dynamic nature of the data source, I'm experiencing difficulties in ensuring that the command column, which contains actions like edit, delete, etc., is consistently positioned at the last column on both pages.

Expected Behavior: I expect to have precise control over the position of the command column within the DataGrid, even when using a single grid component shared between two pages and dynamically generating columns with ExpandoObject as the data source. Regardless of the page being accessed, the command column should always appear at the last position in the grid, providing users with a consistent interface for interacting with the data.

Request for Assistance: I'm seeking assistance from the Telerik community for guidance, insights, or potential workarounds on how to achieve the desired behavior of positioning the command column as the last column in the DataGrid consistently across two pages, even when utilizing a shared grid component and dynamically generating columns with ExpandoObject as the data source.

Any assistance or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your support!

0 answers

Is it possible to change the component's default language without resorting to localization. As of now, I don't really need to customize my app for a specific region and I want to force it to be exclusively in a specific language, in this case Portuguese. By following the tutorial in Blazor Localization - Telerik UI for Blazor I arrive to an annoying problem where dateTime validation triggers format exceptions due to regional formatting of dates.

Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 21 Feb 2024
0 answers

How to start a Server Blazor Application with your tool? Visual Studio extension permits only WebApp for .NET8.

ma
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Jan 2024
0 answers

I´m trying to export a page as PDF in a Blazor application.

I found this example application that uses the kendo-drawing api with JS interop.

https://github.com/telerik/blazor-ui/tree/master/common/pdf-jpg-export-js

This works fine as long as you do not use a template. The template API is missing entierly.

I have for now copied over the entier kendo libs folder from a project that uses kendo MVC. It works, but I would rather just use the kendo-drawing api and not everything.

Is the kendo templating stuff available somewhere separately?

(NOTE: This is not an accessibility question but there is no tag that fits as far as I can tell and I cannot define a new one)

Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Jan 2024
0 answers

Hello, could you help me please. I have a problem with calling razor page (blazor) in HTML, sometime is work sometime isnt.

I try call only https://xzy.intra.cz/aktpoh/233 and press F5 and it was still working.

But if I call it in iframe or embed or object i.e. 

<tr>
          <td>X group</td>
          <td><iframe href="https://xzy.intra.cz/aktpoh/233" height="50" type="text/html" width="300"></iframe></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Y group</td>
          <td><embed src="https://xzy.intra.cz/aktpoh/30" height="50" type="text/html" width="300"></embed></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Z group</td>
          <td><object data="https://xzy.intra.cz/aktpoh/243" height="50" type="text/html" width="300"></object></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>         

sometime work but if I press F5 for refresh sometime isnt work.

How can I call it

Peter

Dimo
Telerik team
 updated question on 10 Jan 2024
0 answers

Greetings Forum Members,

I trust you're all doing well. I'm currently involved in a project at my company, where we are contemplating migrating an existing ASP.NET project (built with the old aspx and vb.net) to the newer ASP.NET Core. Our consideration involves using the Telerik code converter to transition the code from vb.net to c#.

I'm reaching out to the community to gather insights on whether the Telerik code converter takes into account libraries during the conversion process. If any of you have experience with this tool or similar migration scenarios, your guidance would be immensely valuable.

Thank you for your time and assistance. Looking forward to your knowledgeable responses.

Best regards,

EHallPass

Dimo
Telerik team
 updated question on 10 Jan 2024
0 answers
after creating account and validating email i wasn't returned back to visual studio. do i just close VS and start again?
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Dec 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?