Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
0 answers

Hi! I have a Kendo UI Filter with a column bound with a DropDownList. Everything works fine, except the ExpressionPreview gives me "[object Object]". I read that I could use the PreviewFormat, but I have no clue about how that works if it's not for numeric values. Your documentation is very thin about the subject. Can you tell me how could I see the property set as DataTextField in the preview? Or at least the DataValueField.

My razor looks like :

@(Html.Kendo().Filter<OrderSearchBindingModel>()
.Name("filter")
.ApplyButton()
.ExpressionPreview()
.MainLogic(FilterCompositionLogicalOperator.Or).Fields(f =>
  {

f.Add(x => x.Symbole).Label("My values list").Operators(c => c.String(x => 
                          x..Contains("Contient")).EditorTemplateHandler("getSymboleList")
}).DataSource("source"))

And the script containing the dropdown logic is like this :

.kendoDropDownList({
                dataTextField: "SymboleDisplayName",
                dataValueField: "Symbole",
                dataSource: {
                    type: "json",
                    transport: {
                        read: "https://myodataurl.com/symbols/getSymbols"
                    },
		    schema: {
			data: "value"
		    }
                }
            });

Note that my datasource is an OData query, so I defined a schema with data: "value" in my kendo.data.DataSource object as well as type: "json". The type is aslo specified in the transport.read preperties datatype: "json"

Patrice Cote
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 08 May 2024
1 answer

Hi I'm attempting to repeat a vehicle (year/make/model) set of cascading dropdown lists in a component that would result in up to 3 vehicle selectors on the same form. Running into issues as the ddls have the same ids. I've been playing around with appending counters to the name etc but running into the issue where the last set of ddls gets the data. Wondering

1. If there is a working example of this scenario

2. If it is possible to pass a value to the filter function

Thanks.

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2024
1 answer
Hi,
I have a project implementing kendo grid UI for asp.net mvc. It has a common .Filterable() as:
.Filterable(ftb =>
{
    ftb.Mode(GridFilterMode.Row);
    ftb.Extra(false);
    ftb.Operators(operators => operators.ForString(str => str.Clear().IsEqualTo("Is equal")
                                                                    .StartsWith("Contains")
                                                                    .IsNotEqualTo("Is not equal"))
                                        .ForDate(str => str.Clear().IsEqualTo("Is equal")
                                                                    .IsNotEqualTo("Is not equal")
                                                                    .IsLessThan("Is less than")
                                                                    .IsGreaterThan("Is greater than")
                                                                    .IsLessThanOrEqualTo("Is less than or equal to")
                                                                    .IsGreaterThanOrEqualTo("Is greater than or equal to"))
                                        .ForNumber(str => str.Clear().IsEqualTo("Is equal")
                                                                    .IsNotEqualTo("Is not equal")
                                                                    .IsLessThan("Is less than")
                                                                    .IsGreaterThan("Is greater than")
                                                                    .IsLessThanOrEqualTo("Is less than or equal to")
                                                                    .IsGreaterThanOrEqualTo("Is greater than or equal to")));
})
However, for 1 particular column, I have set .Filterable(ftb => ftb.Cell(cell => cell.Template("nameOfMyDropDownList")));
The custom filter is populated using JS. The thing is, I want to get rid of the Filter Icon that gets displayed along with the dropdown since it does not make sense to have the filter icon there when we can have a custom filter dropdown. 
I tried adding a class to the element to be hidden. But the class name doesn't get added. 
Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hi Team,

I am using Kendo UI MVC Grid and trying to override the checkbox style using FontAwesome fonts. I thought of doing it through CSS alone but since we can't select parent selector through CSS I ended up using the filterMenuInit event. 

Grid column is configured using:-

.Filterable(f => f.Multi(true).Search(true));

I am adding another label to the rendered checkbox text using the below function:-

function addCustomLabel(e) {
            var container = e.container;
            var allCheckboxes = $("input[type='checkbox']", container);
            $.each(allCheckboxes, function (id) {
                $(this).attr("id", 'chk' + id).addClass("blueCheckbox");
                var checkbox = $(this)[0];
                console.log(checkbox);
                var parentLabel = $(this).parent('label');
                var labelText = parentLabel.text();
                parentLabel.empty();
                parentLabel.append(checkbox);
                parentLabel.append("<label for='"+ 'chk' + id +"'>" + labelText + "</label>");
            });
        }
It's working as expected i.e. adding an id to checkbox and label with "for" attribute but only the "Select All" checkbox is not working. I am assuming it's because kendo is checking for text "Select All" which is now wrapped inside a label. Could you please suggest a fix for this? Or please let me know if there is any better way to do this. 
Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Dec 2021
2 answers

Hello everybody,

im trying to achieve that the dropdown filter list in my grid takes the size from it's biggest option.

I found other explanations for different situations and none of those worked for me.

I have a MVC Grid with a ForeignKey Column, that is filtered with a dropdown of enum values.

x.ForeignKey(b => b.Status, Model.OrderGapStatus).Filterable(f => f.Cell(c => c.Template("statusFilter"))).Title(Localizer.Lang_Status).ClientTemplate("#: StatusName #");

And a js handler trying to set the width to "auto". But it doesn't work :/

<script type="text/javascript">
    function statusFilter(element) {
       // what do i need to do here?
    }
</script>

Help would be really appreciated 😃

Have a good day & happy coding

Nils

Nils
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 17 May 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron