Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
1 answer

I am working with a Kendo grid on my MVC webapp.  The grid is bound by data passed to the View.  An event currently exists to load another grid when a row is selected/clicked on.  I have been tasked with adding a column that contains a checkbox based on a boolean value from the record in the dataset.  Until this point, everything is working.

My question is, how can I add an event to whenever the checkbox is checked and unchecked while keeping the event fro when a row is selected?  That is, if the user clicks on the row, I still want it to load the other grid based on the selected row, but if the user clicks on the checkbox in the row, I want it call a function to toggle the value and update the database (essentially call function changeFlag).  As a test, I put an alert() call in the function which runs when a row is selected, but the function never fires if I check/uncheck the checkbox.

I have some exposure to MVC, but Telerick/Kendo are completely new for me.  Any ideas, tips, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron