Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
6 answers
4.7K+ views
Hello,
i tried to make an upgrade in order to use the tooltip and other new things,or resolved bugs.
but after the upgrade,with the Telerik Control Panel,it was a mess,he only made a backup of my example project,but when i tried to use the tooltip,i noticed that there is no kendo.tooltip.js ,in the /Content folder
i had only /kendo/2012.3.1315  subfolder where are a lot of js files,and the themes,so i have to change manually the reference to the folder where are the new version of files.

the question is what do i need to copy manually in order to use everything from the latest versions of kendo ui for MVC(controls,framework functions,etc) ?
i want to copy everything manually,and work with everything that i had before + the new features.in the real application i do not want to re-create the project from a template,just to put everything togheter nicely.

Regards,
Daniel
P.S:i attach 2 files(the error and the reference section from layout.cshtml)  after i copied manually everything from Telerik\Program Files March Q1 2013 to a new subfolder in my project and referenced
Dyanko
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2017
1 answer

I have a solution with twoprojects in it.

By error both projects have the telerik softwar einstalled but it is only needed by one. Is it possible to remove the telerik extensions from a project?

Maurice

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2017
2 answers

I'm trying to creare a new project, but I have noticed that it doesn't propose the choice of authentication type (like Microsoft template standard).

Is it correct?

Dario Concilio
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Mar 2017
7 answers

I'm needing to be able to print a web page so I'm trying to use the pdf processing. It is an MVC5 and using Visual Studio 2015 I was trying to complete the telerik example at http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/pdfprocessing/index . I started by creating a new telerik mvc application and just an index page. I added references Telerik.Windows.Documents.Fixed,

Telerik.Windows.Documents.FormatProfiders.Pdf and

Telerik.Windows.zip.

when I tried adding the using statements in my controller page it does not recognize the .Export statement.

using Telerik.Windows.Documents.Fixed.FormatProviders.Pdf.Export;

the error is Error CS0234 
The type or namespace name 'Export' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Fixed.FormatProviders.Pdf' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I tried this because I got the same error trying to add this in the real application I have that I need to convert the web page to a pdf.

So what am I missing.

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2017
1 answer

Hello...

When trying open or install the VS2015 extension for ASP.NET MVC scaffolding, I get the error 'The manifest extension is invalid'... has this been fixed or addressed?

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2017
2 answers

Hello,

I'm trying to install Asp .NET MVC extensions in Visual Studio Professional 2013 via NuGet. NuGet keeps asking for the password even though I am sure it is correct. I have tried resetting the password twice without effect.

In package.json there is:

<package id="Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Mvc5" version="2016.3.1118" targetFramework="net452" />

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2016
8 answers

Reading the docs on the scaffolder (http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/aspnet-mvc/scaffolding) shows the dialog appearing when Add | New Scaffolded Item is selected, which is fine.

Unfortunately when I pick Add | Controller I still get the Kendo UI Scaffolder dialog when all I want is a plain MVC controller.

How can I fix this behaviour?

Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2016
2 answers
VS2015 keeps nagging me to update my project with the latest version of Telerik MVC. Currently I'm using 2016.2.607. I got tired of the nagging, so I used the Upgrade wizard, and absolutely nothing in my code worked anymore.  It was by far one of the most horrible upgrade experiences.  What is the best way to update this to the latest version without having to basically re-write everything?
Dyanko
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2016
1 answer

When I use the Kendo UI scaffolder for MVC and choosing "Use Existing ViewModel" the "Add" button remains disabled in the final dialog so I can never complete the process unless I also select a data model and DbContext. I have tried this with each of the available widgets the scaffolder supports as well as many combinations of options. Environment is: vs2015, MVC UI 2016.3.1028, EF 6.1, .Net 4.5.2  

Steps: 1) right click on "Controllers" in Solution Explorer

2) Select Add, Controller

3) In the Add Scaffold dialog select MVC Kendo UI Scaffolder and Add

4) In the Kendo UI Scaffolder dialog, select UI for MVC Grid (or any other widget) and Add

5) In the widget specific dialog set Controller name,  View name, check the "Use Existing ViewModel" box, select a View Model

At this point the "Add" button remains disabled regardless of any additional selections of options.  The only way to get the Add button to become enabled is to also select a Data Model and DbContext.

Thanks, John

Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2016
1 answer

Hello,

We need to install version 2011.3.1305.40 What is the download link?

Thank you

Dyanko
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron