Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
0 answers

Can I translate the header generated in the first line into Chinese. Translation, urgentspreadsheet

zhe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 23 Aug 2022
1 answer

I am using @Html.Kendo().Spreadsheet() on a Razor page in a DotNet Core App. I want to Configure which options are available on the Toolbar and add a Custom one. I see from an older question from 2017, adding a Custom button was not supported back then. Has that changed?

Can someone point me to the appropriate documentation for that please.

Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2022
1 answer

I really have two questions: The first is as described above. I really have no need for the tool bar other than for entering cell comments, so I would like to know if there is a way to invoke that functionality with a double click. Also, I am replacing a Windows Desktop Application that does allow the users to double click to add comments so if I cannot do this in Kendo UI, it will be a behavior change for the users.

Secondly, can comment data be bound to the data source so that when I do a load or submit the database Comment field is updated along with all the other data?

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2022
5 answers
Good morning,

we would need to implement the following excel-like functions on a Telerik spreadsheet:
 - Average/Sum/Count of the selected cells. (sum-avarage-count.jpg)
 - copy-paste in the cells below with respect to a cell selected by double clicking in the lower-right corner. (copy-paste double click 1/2.jpg)

Are there any options in Telerik to replicate these features?

Kind regards,
Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Mar 2022
1 answer

I have a grid that contains a child detail spreadsheet.  I am trying to duplicate some code I used from another Kendo Spreadsheet, but each spreadsheet and Export button needs to have a unique id.  In the form I am using to export the Excel for the spreadsheet, I am using a Kendo Button to allow addition of the unique id (TplNum) from the parent grid.  For some reason, the template is not valid when I add the Kendo Button.  Any ideas?

I was going to use the Click event to determine the TplNum based on location of the button or the button id field in the Javascript callback, but thought that was giving me problems.  Currently, I gave the buttons a class, "export_excel" and I'm trying to create a jQuery onClick function in my document.load, which is invoked based on class, rather than id.

$(document).ready(function () {
        $(".export_excel").click(function (e) {

}

}

<script id="campaign_template" type="text/kendo-tmpl">

@using (Html.BeginForm("SpreadsheetDownload", "Campaign", FormMethod.Post, new { @class = "form-horizontal", role = "form", id = "spreadsheet_form_#=TplNum#" }))
        {
            @Html.Hidden("data", null, htmlAttributes: new { name= "data", id = "download-data_#=TplNum#" });
            @Html.Hidden("extension", null, htmlAttributes: new { name = "extension", id = "download-extension_#=TplNum#" });
            @(Html.Kendo().Button()
                    .Name("export_excel")
                    .HtmlAttributes(new { type = "button", id = "export_excel_#=TplNum#", @class = "export_excel" })
                    .Content("Export to Excel"));
                    //.Events(e => e.Click("ExportExcel")));
        }
Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2022
1 answer

Good morning,

in a Telerik spreadsheet, is there a property to set the number of maximum decimal places of the value of each single cell? what default value has this property set?
What scope does it have? Is it set for each single cell or on the entire spreadsheet?

For example we have a cell that has value with 11 decimal places, how can we modify it (increase or decrease it)?

Kind regards,

Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2022
1 answer

Good morning,

is there the possibility on a Telerik spreadsheet to increase the maximum limit of digits (currently 15 digits) for cells with format number?

Kind regards,

Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2022
2 answers

Hello,

we would like to know if there is a way to allow the users copy the full value of a number with decimals and not only the value that is visible form the front end (in the following scenarios 13 decimals as you can see from the formula bar and 3 decimals as format).

Below you can see a spreadsheet component in which the numbers displayed are declared as decimals, in the formula bar you can see the real value of the number with 13 decimals, while I've highlighted the cell of interest in the print (cell L25) that as you can see has 3 decimals.

When coping the cell L25 and trying to paste it in the same spreadsheet component (for example S15) the number pasted is formatted the same way of the original cell and in the formula bar I find the same  decimals of the original cell; instead in the moment i try to copy the number in an other spreadsheet component that is in one other page, the pasted number is formatted the same way of the original one, so 3 decimals but I find also just 3 decimals visible from the formula bar instead of the original 13 decimals.

Can you please provide an explanation related to this behavior? How can we arrange that the paste action of values with decimals keep the same format of the original selection and also in the formula bar the same decimals too?

Thanks,

Claudio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 18 Jan 2022
4 answers
Adding tooltip to spreadsheet cell and also provide custom tooltip 
G.K. Raju
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 25 Nov 2021
1 answer

Hi

We have implemented the max length validation on cells in spreadsheet control following below link. It works as it stated in the demo. We have 2 questions related to that.

1. Can we suppress the validation popup when user enters more than specified characters? It's not intuitive without the popup but it will work with my 2nd question.

2. Can we stop user from typing more than specified characters in a cell?

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/spreadsheet/validation

Thanks. 

Jocelyn

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron