Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET Core Forum
1 answer

The tag helper for a DatePickerFor   and the Razor Tag for a DatePickerFor generate different ID for their respective control.

Tag Razor: @(Html.Kendo().DatePickerFor(m => m.testObject.TestSousObject))

Generate : <input id="testObject_TestSousObject" name="testObject.TestSousObject" type="text" value="" /><script>kendo.syncReady(function(){jQuery("#testObject_TestSousObject").kendoDatePicker({"format":"yyyy-MM-dd"});});</script>

Where the Id = testObject_TestSousObject  (with an underscore)

---------------------------

<kendo-datepicker name="DateComparaisonExamensImagerieAnterieurs" for="ExamensImagerieMedicale.DateComparaisonExamensImagerieAnterieurs" />

Generate :  <input id="testObject.TestSousObject" name="testObject.TestSousObject" type="text" value="" /><script>kendo.syncReady(function(){jQuery("#testObject\\.TestSousObject").kendoDatePicker({});});</script>

Where the Id = testObject.TestSousObject  (with a dot)

Is it something new  with .NET Core compared to MVC? In my mind, both method should generate the same Code and Ids.

Note:  I tested it with a entirely new .NET core 2.1 project 

Angel Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2018
1 answer

I was trying to get DatePickerFor work on a Kendo Grid Popup editor with no luck. I've already spent countless hours first with the DropDownListFor (https://www.telerik.com/forums/dropdownlistfor-events-in-razor-pages) which still doesn't work and now with DatePickerFor. Any help is much appreciated.

I have the DatePickerFor in a Kendo Grid Popup Template.

Grid:

.DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                .Custom()
                .Transport(t => {
                    t.Read(r => r.Action("Cases", "CaseList", new { handler = "GetCases" }).Type(HttpVerbs.Post).Data("sendAntiForgeryToken"));
                    t.Create(r => r.Action("Cases", "CaseList", new { handler = "AddCase" }).Type(HttpVerbs.Post).Data("sendAntiForgeryToken"));
                })

Razor Page:

public JsonResult OnPostAddCase([DataSourceRequest] DataSourceRequest request, CaseModel newCase)
        {
            if(ModelState.IsValid)
            {

}
        }

Popup Template:

@(Html.Kendo().DatePickerFor(model => model.LetterDate)
                        .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width:150px; font-size:14px" })
            )

Model:

[DataType(DataType.Date, ErrorMessage ="Letter Date is required")]
        [DisplayFormat(DataFormatString = "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}", ApplyFormatInEditMode = true)]
        [Display(Name ="LetterDate")]
        public DateTime LetterDate { get; set; }

FormData:

LetterDate: Tue Jul 31 2018 13:04:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Error: The value 'Tue Jul 31 2018 13:04:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)' is not valid for LetterDate.

I have tried several solutions like setting up the culture, changing the formats but nothing seems to work.

The only option that I'm left with is intercepting the date before submit. But before I do that I would like to know why it is so hard to get the basic functionality work with kendo controls. This is so frustrating.

Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2018
1 answer

Hi,

I have 2 date pickers-

<div class=""><kendo-datepicker name="Input.ReviewStartDateTime" start="CalendarView.Month" depth="CalendarView.Year" format="yyyy/MM/dd" value="DateTime.Now" on-change="endChange"/> </div>

<div><kendo-datepicker name="Input.ReviewEndDateTime"  start="CalendarView.Month" depth="CalendarView.Year" format="yyyy/MM/dd" value="DateTime.Now" /></div>      

I am trying to change the value of Input.ReviewEndDateTime  picker to + 60 days  on change Input.ReviewStartDateTime picker -

function endChange() {
            var startDatePicker = $("#Input.ReviewStartDateTime").data("kendoDatePicker"),
                startDate = this.value();
            console.log(startDate);
            if (startDate) {
                var endDate = new Date(startDate.getMonth() + 2);

var endatepicker = $("#Input.ReviewEndDateTime").data("kendoDatePicker");
                endatepicker.value(startDate);
                endatepicker.trigger("change");
            }
        }

but I get the following error- 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined

How can I change the date picker to 60 dates after theselected date from Input.ReviewStartDateTime

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2018
1 answer

like this:  .Footer("Today - #=kendo.toString(data, 'd') #")

see also sample here https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-core/datepicker/template

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2018
5 answers
3.1K+ views
I am using the Kendo DateInput inside my razor views as below

<span>Date of Birth</span>
    @(Html.Kendo().DateInput().Name("Patient.Dob").Format("dd-MMM-yyyy").Min(new DateTime(1900, 1, 1))
             .Max(DateTime.Today).Messages(m => m.Year("yyyy").Day("dd").Month("mmm")))

When the date of birth is not entered, the model state validation fails as it tries to validate the placeholder value - ("dd-MMM-yyyy")

How can i specify the placeholder, such that it does not do model state validation
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2017
2 answers

Is there a simple way to change the background color of the Month/Year view?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<telerik:RadDatePicker RenderMode="Lightweight" ID="FromScreeningDatePicker" runat="server" Width="120px"
ClientEvents-OnDateSelected="FromDateSelected"

Calendar-CalendarTableStyle-BackColor="White"

Calendar-TitleStyle-BackColor="White"
MinDate='<%# Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/1900")%>' MaxDate='<%# Convert.ToDateTime(DateTime.Now.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy"))%>'
DbSelectedDate='<%# startDate %>' FocusedDate="01/01/2016">

</telerik:RadDatePicker>

HSK
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2017
2 answers

The DateInput server side wrapper does not appear to work with nullable DateTimes. In the below code, if 'TaxDate' is a nullable DateTime when the page is rendered the control will always display 'month/day/year' (as it does when the value is null) even if the value being passed to it isn't null.

I tried setting the .value() property on the control but it does not accept nullable DateTimes.

@(Html.Kendo().DateInput()
                            .Name("TaxDate")
                            .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width:100%;", @class = "autoSelectText" })

From the demo page it looks as if null is a supported state, does the server side wrapper not support it?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jul 2017
2 answers
I have a RadDatePicker inside of a Form Template.  I can access the dbselected value from code behind, though I want to take the month and day of the dbselected value and populate an asp:textbox with the month, and a RadNumericTextBox with the day.

The structure is

1. RadGrid

2. MasterTableView

3. EditFormSettings

4. Form Template

5. Then tables/rows/cells containing labels, textboxes, etc.

From code behind I can access all the asp and telerik items in the tables and retrieve any data for further use in my application by using the following code:

If e.CommandName = RadGrid.UpdateCommandName Then
            If TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditFormItem Then
                Dim item As GridEditFormItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridEditFormItem)
                Dim theClient As TextBox = DirectCast(item.FindControl("txtClient"), TextBox)
                Dim theOrder As TextBox = DirectCast(item.FindControl("txtOrder"), TextBox)

Dim theRadDateOrder As RadDatePicker = DirectCast(item.FindControl("RadDatePickerOrderDate"), RadDatePicker)

etc.

I now have the value from the dbSelectedDate:

Dim theDateOrderDate As DateTime = theRadDateOrder.DbSelectedDate
                Dim theDateOrderMonth As String = theDateOrderDate.ToString("MMMM")
                Dim theDateOrderDay As String = theDateOrderDate.Day

And I now have a month and I have a day broke out.

Now within the form template is an asp:textbox that I want to update/insert/place the month value into.  I also have  a RadNumericTextBox that I want to update/insert/place the day value into.

What I want to do is update the month and day on the form when the date is selected with the RadDatePicker.

All the above was figured out by searching the internet and putting the pieces together. 

I have not been able to find even a starting point on my question, it may be in the above code, but I do not see it yet.

My question is how do I do this from code behind as I cannot access the controls directly as they are within the Form Template?

Thank you for your time.  Dale

Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Dec 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron