Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET Core Forum
1 answer

Hi, I can't seen to find a fix for this:

I'm using .NET Core Telerik UI's Wizard feature along with its kendoValidator and the latter seems to be generating error messages, one example being the email address field - it'll generate an error message if the email doesn't follow the format allowed per the attributes in the view model. However, it's using the original field names despite my using the DISPLAY attribute in the VM. How can I go about changing the field name used in the client side when kendoValidator kicks in?

Example: ALT_EMAIL is not valid email. I'd like for it to say, This email address is not an valid email, instead.

FYI, I'm using .NET's tag helpers, not Telerik's, to generate the field names, inputs, etc.

Mihaela
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Feb 2023
1 answer

I import the Kendo UI scripts from a local folder (no CDN) and use the unminified version in my development environment so that I can step with the Chrome JavaScript debugger into Kendo code.  My setup in my layout page is similar to this:

<environment include="Development">
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/kendo/js/nonmin/kendo.all.js")" type="text/javascript" asp-append-version="false"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/kendo/js/nonmin/kendo.aspnetmvc.js")" type="text/javascript" asp-append-version="false"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/kendo/js/kendo.timezones.min.js")" type="text/javascript" asp-append-version="false"></script>
</environment>
<environment exclude="Development">
    <!-- imports the minified version here -->
</environment>

I would copy the unminified versions of kendo.all.js and kendo.aspnetmvc.js from the source package download to the nonmin folder under my app.

Now with the change to modules, that does not work.  Since kendo.all.js just imports other scripts, I copied all the .js files from the source distribution to the nonmin folder.  Then I got errors for each script "Uncaught SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module" so  I changed the type on the script tags from "text/javascript" to "module".  But now every instance of kendo.syncReady within the page yields the error "Uncaught ReferenceError: kendo is not defined" 

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2023
2 answers
1.9K+ views

Hi,

We have a system with Github Actions where we build our project whilst adding the telerik nuget repository.

And then it fails with a 500 error, it works sometimes, but not always.

steps:
    - name: Checkout ${{ github.GITHUB_REF }}
      uses: actions/checkout@v2

- name: Setup .NET Core
       uses: actions/setup-dotnet@v1
       with:
        dotnet-version: "5.0.x"

- name: Setup Node.js environment
       uses: actions/setup-node@v2.1.2

- name: Register Nuget Packages
       env: # Or as an environment variable
        telerik_username: ${{ secrets.telerik_username }}
        telerik_password: ${{ secrets.telerik_password }}
       run: dotnet nuget add source https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget --name telerik.com --username "$telerik_username" --store-password-in-clear-text --password "$telerik_password"

- name: Install dependencies
       run: dotnet restore Project
2021-05-25T09:07:14.2001354Z   Retrying 'FindPackagesByIdAsyncCore' for source 'https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core'&semVerLevel=2.0.0'.
2021-05-25T09:07:14.2008435Z   Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
2021-05-25T09:07:14.2014387Z   Retrying 'FindPackagesByIdAsyncCore' for source 'https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core'&semVerLevel=2.0.0'.
2021-05-25T09:07:14.2036427Z   Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
2021-05-25T09:07:14.2081008Z /home/runner/.dotnet/sdk/5.0.203/NuGet.targets(131,5): error : Failed to retrieve information about 'Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core' from remote source 'https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core'&semVerLevel=2.0.0'. [/home/runner/work/(project...)]
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hi

We are having a grid with editable field option which triggers when you click on the field.

I wanted to enable tab functionality so that if you are on any field and click tab it should make the next field enable/editable.

When I am clicking on any field to show like this. On tab press I wanted make Charlotte editable.

ANY help appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer
1.0K+ views

I'm using the Kendo Validator on a Razor Page in a .NET 7 project.  I've defined an error message for the EmailAddress attribute on the page model but the Kendo Validator is not using it.  I'm using Telerik UI For ASP.NET Core UI version 2022.3.1109.

page model

[DisplayName("Email"), StringLength(256, ErrorMessage = "Email must be no larger than 256 characters"), DataType(DataType.EmailAddress), EmailAddress(ErrorMessage = "Please enter a valid email address")]
public string? EmailAddress { get; set; }

razor

<label asp-for="Input.EmailAddress"></label><br/>
<input asp-for="Input.EmailAddress" class="form-control-large input-rounded"/>
<span asp-validation-for="Input.EmailAddress" class="text-danger"></span>

javascript

var validator = $("#editLocationForm").kendoValidator().data("kendoValidator");

function validateSave() {
    if (validator.validate() || validator.errors().length === 0) {
        $('#editLocationForm').submit();
        $("#SaveConfirmationWindow").data("kendoWindow").close();
    } else {
        bootstrapWarningMessage("There was an error saving.  Please correct the errors and try again.");
    }
    window.scrollTo(0, 0);
    return true;
}

I would expect to see the error message from the attribute -> "Please enter a valid email address".

What I'm getting instead -> "Input.EmailAddress is not valid email".  

Any idea how I can get this to display the error message from the attribute?  I have Required and StringLength attributes that are properly displaying the attribute error message so maybe a bug with the EmailAddress attribute?

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Dec 2022
1 answer

is there a preferred method to install the .net core MVC controls when you are building and deploying through a Dockerized container?  I haven't found a tutorial to bring the controls into the build easily.

• .net6 (core)
  • Telerik core MVC controls
  • Docker Image - mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:6.0 AS build-env
Mihaela
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2022
1 answer

We have websites using different versions of ASP.NET Core. Where can I find which versions of ASP.NET Core are supported by each release of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core?

Thanks

Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2022
1 answer

Good morning everyone

Apologies, i hope i'm posting in the correct subforum.

A bit of background: we are using a web application creating with telerik controls. the SQL server that the application was connecting to died and we had to rebuild it using a new version of SQL. This changed causes the error - "Failed to retrieve the automatically incremented column value from the server. Possible reason: A trigger does not perform 'select ID from inserted'" when we try to create new items through the web app

i came accross this old post https://www.telerik.com/forums/telerik-bug-in-sql-server-2014-sp1 which shows that a number of hotfixes were made available at the time

We are using this version of telerik - Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime, Version=2013.1.219.3, now with this version of SQL Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP3-GDR) (KB5014355) - 13.0.6419.1 (X64) 

I tried the 2013 hotfix version from the post which is a slightly different  from what we have.  ( i tired the newer ones to but unsurprisignly the broke the site.)The hot fix allowed the web app to load, but it couldnt load the  content of the web form.

I was wondering if you could please provide an hot fix for that version, if at all possible.

Thank you for your time

Viktor Zhivkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2022
1 answer
8.2K+ views

Hello Telerik Developers. I am new to Progress Telerik but I am catching up faster than I ever thought.

I was looking to add a new item into my database. While adding I get the error above.

The Primarykey in this case is set to autogenerate in the database and I have it specified in its Context Class:

entity.Property(e => e.Id).ValueGeneratedOnAdd().HasColumnName("id");

Is there any option to adding without setting the  IDENTITY_INSERT TABLE ON? 

I am looking to have the Id incremented on Add without having to enter it on my own. I was looking at a solution here, but that is not what I am looking for.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Stoyan
Telerik team
 updated answer on 06 Oct 2022
1 answer

In my application I have used 

ModelState.AddModelError("Fieldid", "ErrorMessage");

first time on button click it is validating fine, 

from second time(without refreshing the page) I give another wrong input and it still validate but error message on UI didn't show.

tried debugging the code didn't found any issue,

tried to see console on web browser , no error shows.

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron