Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET Core Forum
1 answer

Is there another (hopefully easier) way to get the packages needed to start working the ASP.NET Core components?  It took a lot of trial and error searching to finally get the Package Source working. 

I had to use the Windows Credential Manager to remove all telerik related credentials and start over with the .msi installer... I was able to go back into VS2022 and add a telerik Package Source.  When prompted, I added the same credentials I use to access my telerik.com account (from which I downloaded the .msi installer, btw).

Finally, I selected an ASP.NET Core Web app project, then Manage Nuget Packages, and was able to browse/find the Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core.2023.2.289 package.  Selected that, then clicked install and... it failed with what appears to be related to sub dependencies.

This whole process has been ridiculously complicated.  Is there way to get this working just so we can work through an tutorial or two?

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2023
1 answer
1.2K+ views

Hi,

Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core v2023.2.82 is still referencing multiple deprecated MS packages, all of the dependencies that start with 'Microsoft.AspNetCore' are version 2.1.0 and are showing as Deprecated by Microsoft.

Mihaela
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2023
1 answer
I'm trying to make the HTML editor into a reusable component that I can add to a page inside the CSHML and set the model/bind to a property at that point. 

I cannot seem to pass the model as needed to the VeiwComponent. 

If anyone has been able to accomplish this I would really appreciate some guidance.

asp.net core razor pages web site.
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2023
1 answer

While scanning our projects for security vulnerabilites, we noticed that Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core  2023.2.606 references an of .NET Core 2.1 which is 5 years old and long since unsupported?   This means that using Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core immediately introduces the critical security vulnerabilies present in .NET Core 2.1.    Why does it depend on this ancient version of .NET?   

Here is a new completely empty project created just now (July 2023!) and you can see the references to .NET Core 2.1:

And here's a resulting security scan of this empty project:

Is .NET Core still supported by Telerik because it seems odd this hasn't been fixed in 5 years.

Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2023
1 answer
I'm migrating net .framework 4.7 using kendo mvc 2017.2 to net core 6, is it possible to use this version with net core 6?
Stoyan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2023
0 answers

We often have hacking attempts like https://our_ip/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?....

Can I change the name of WebResource.axd to something like xyz.axd?

Alfeu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 05 May 2023
1 answer

Trying to setup Azure CI/CD w/ Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core.Trial and w/ a Docker Image.

I followed all the instructions provided in your documentation for including Telerik in a Docker image.

But I'm getting the following error in Azure, is the trial version not supported for a CI/CD pipeline?

Mihaela
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hi,

My website layout contains a nav, main and footer part (see attached file).

Is it possible to have the nav (header) and footer always visible on the page?

If I now have a long main part, the footer is at startup not visible and when scrolling the header will disappear.

Thanks and best regards

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2023
1 answer

hi

how to refresh grid and TreeView Parent Page ?

The parent page includes grid and TreeView and I want the child page that is in the new tab
Update grid and TreeView.

Also, on the child page or the new tab, by clicked on the button, a kendo window will open in iframe mode, which I want to change the grid and TreeView after clickined the save button ، be updated on the main page.

Thanks

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2023
1 answer

A new demo application called e-shop was released concomitant with the release of Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core 2023.1.117.    Normally source code for demo programs can be installed as an option in the Control Panel.  However, in this case,  it appears, after some searching that the course code  was not installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core R1 2023\wrappers\aspnetcore\Examples folder.   Runnning the Demo Shortcut and clicking on the sample e-shop Applcation simply takes you to https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-core/eshop/

Can anyone point me to a download link for the source files for the e-shop sample application?

Mihaela
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron