Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer

This is probably a long shot but I thought it was worth asking.

Users can choose an appointment date and time range for when an engineer will turn up. For example, 19th January 2022 between 10am and 4pm. I am displaying the appointments in a grid but I want to replace the words "between 10am and 4pm" or "10am-4pm" with a graphic. I am looking for a simple clock image which I can set from code behind with, for example, startime=1000 | endtime=1600 and see a little circle with a clock face with a "pie slice" shaded in to represent the period between 10am and 4pm.

I am not looking for a time picker (that's already done in the Edit Form) - I need a way of displaying a little visual indicator like a clock face / pie chart type of graphic with a shaded area showing the user a range such as 10am-4pm, 2pm-4pm, 8am-1pm etc. The time range will never be 12 hours or more but if this ever happened I could replace the clock display with my standard text label.

Does anyone know if this is possible with anything in the UI For ASP.NET AJAX suite or if an existing control could be repurposed with clever styling (a chart type maybe?) or a third party component (if I must). Requirements are I need to set the time range using a function called at run time from data binding or itemdatabound in code behind.

I can't believe no-one has needed this before but I can't find anything online (unless I'm not using the correct term for the type of control I need).

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Doncho
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron