Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer

Greetings,

I'm currently trying to revamp one of my pages from server side binding to a web service binding and encountered a hickup.

The page is as follows (see picture attached):

The Outside is a RadSplitter.
On the left side of the RadSplitter is an update panel, where inside is the RadTreeView.
On the right side, also inside an update panel, is a RadGrid.

The RadTreeView gets a basic set of nodes ("stations") on creation, but everything after that is loaded on demand by webservice. If a "station" is expaned, and the webservice is triggered and supplies nodes to the radgrid. This works correctly.
If I click on a "station", a client side event is triggered, which expands the node (therefore triggering the webservice and supplying nodes) and also calling the RadGrid to rebind (by client side). The Rebind triggers the OnNeedDataSource event of the RadGrid, where it loads its data server side. 

The problem is with the click & expand, as the nodes are then only briefly visible in the RadTreeView and immediately removed again.

Is this a know problem? What can I do? I need the nodes in the tree but also the data in the RadGrid.
I made a video of the error, but it seems I cannot upload the video here. I also created a very basic test project.

I'm using Telerik 2023.1.117.45.

Thank you in advance!

Vasko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2024
0 answers

Hi,

I am updating a JQuery version  3.7.0 on our website. I have gotten many errors.

Priyam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hello -

We are using Telerik forms for our internal website. When I download one page with all its components, it is 73 files and 11.2 MB total size. Screen captures attached.

• 10 axd files (4.4 MB)
  • 8 css files (328 KB)
  • 47 js files (2.7 MB)
  • 7 image files (84 KB)
  • 1 html file (3.7 MB)

Most of our site is made up of similar pages. Our site has an average 500 connections per second. During peak times, the website crawls, with 20-30 seconds to return one page for each user.

We are accessing only text, with about 200 KB of text returned for each request.

It looks like 99.3% of the size of our pages is Telerik related files (mostly axd and js).

What could we be doing wrong? What should we be doing differently to reduce the size or count of Telerik files returned to the client?

Thank you!

Rumen
Telerik team
 updated answer on 28 Jun 2023
1 answer

Hi,

Does the latest version of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX support drag/drop between two TreeViews on the same page? How about two Grids?

Thanks,

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2022
1 answer

I'm trying to select an item value from DropDownTree which impeded in a RadGrid , in the add new record in the radGrid then select the item from dropdownTree , but i can't find a way to access the radgrid cell to update its value by the  DropDownTree value , 

the scenario is get the itemCode value from DropDownTree  then search in Database to get the Item Price then put the price in the RadGrid

Protected Sub RadDropDownTree1_EntryAdded(sender As Object, e As DropDownTreeEntryEventArgs)
        GetItemPrice(e.Entry.Value)
    End Sub
    Private Sub GetItemPrice(Item_code As Int32)
        Dim ConnString As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString
        Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(ConnString)
        Dim command As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand()
        Dim myreader As SqlDataReader
        command.CommandText = "[dbo].[FindItemPrice]"
        command.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
        conn.Open()
        command.Connection = conn
        command.Parameters.AddWithValue("ItemCode", Item_code)

Try
            myreader = command.ExecuteReader()

If myreader.Read() Then
                Dim ItemGrid As RadGrid = CType(Page.Master.FindControl("MainContent").FindControl("RadGrid2"), RadGrid)

For Each item As GridDataItem In ItemGrid.MasterTableView.Items
                    Dim tx As TextBox = TryCast(item.FindControl("Price"), TextBox)
                    tx.Text = myreader("Unit_Price")
                Next

Else

End If

conn.Close()
        Catch ex As Exception
            Throw ex
        End Try
    End Sub
Attila Antal
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron