Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers

Hello.

I need to check on each row of the grid if its checkbox is checked or not.

<tel:GridTemplateColumn HeaderStyle-Width="15px" UniqueName="gridTemplateColumnCheckbox">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <asp:CheckBox ID="chkItem" runat="server" AutoPostBack="false" CssClass="checkbox-item" />
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                    <HeaderTemplate>
                                        <asp:CheckBox ID="chkSelectAll" runat="server" AutoPostBack="false" CssClass="checkbox-item-header" onclick="toggleCheckAll();" />
                                    </HeaderTemplate>
                                </tel:GridTemplateColumn>
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 17 Jul 2023
1 answer

A project in production works partially, on clients internets (phone, pc etc...) and works on our intranet.

A resource.axd generate an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"

difference with other ressource is long url auto generated :

<script src="/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RSM_TSM&amp;compress=1&amp;_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3afr-FR%3a10395c91-0c67-4b5f-be67-7f60b4835745%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2022.2.622.40%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3afr-FR%3adbbf043d-66df-4172-9982-e8bb59918fa4%3a16e4e7cd%3af7645509%3a88144a7a%3aed16cbdc%3a4877f69a%3a24ee1bba%3af46195d3%3a33715776%3ab2e06756%3a92fe8ea0%3afa31b949%3ac128760b%3a19620875%3a874f8ea2%3a490a9d4e%3ab7778d6c%3ae085fe68%3acda80b3%3a383e4ce8%3aa064d040%3a59462f1%3a7c926187%3aa51ee93e%3ac08e9f8a%3a58366029%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3afr-FR%3a10395c91-0c67-4b5f-be67-7f60b4835745%3a76254418" type="text/javascript"></script>

i can send you (in private domain base of url, before /Telerik..) to test.

how to reduce this url ? i think is size.

example of resource work in site :

/ScriptResource.axd?d=Acr7YYngYOcLwDrz111yAmfTtNXdiT2AVa5sxCuSkDiFfzEWUyUZNnYbx9cuBqADt0N7LO5fkpvKchmSSPLRCFpBkbQWzKznqT47xPMkxIKzMFwRcsSZO1XF28E6FKpA6I6deov79BgFLTYERhXvYwXJY1EGFuA2PN_d3WFfV_k1&t=14d69f50

Thanks for your help.

Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 12 Jul 2023
1 answer

Hello -

We are using Telerik forms for our internal website. When I download one page with all its components, it is 73 files and 11.2 MB total size. Screen captures attached.

• 10 axd files (4.4 MB)
  • 8 css files (328 KB)
  • 47 js files (2.7 MB)
  • 7 image files (84 KB)
  • 1 html file (3.7 MB)

Most of our site is made up of similar pages. Our site has an average 500 connections per second. During peak times, the website crawls, with 20-30 seconds to return one page for each user.

We are accessing only text, with about 200 KB of text returned for each request.

It looks like 99.3% of the size of our pages is Telerik related files (mostly axd and js).

What could we be doing wrong? What should we be doing differently to reduce the size or count of Telerik files returned to the client?

Thank you!

Rumen
Telerik team
 updated answer on 28 Jun 2023
1 answer

I'm using the latest version of Telerik AJAX control but still facing issue because Telerik control uses old version of jQuery (1.12.4) so guide me to avoid vulnerability.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2023
0 answers

Need to set friendly URLs for ASP classic web site running on IIS 7 .

There is this rules in my web.config

<rewrite>
        <rules>
            <rule name="chatter">
                <match url="^chatter/default.aspx?article=([0-9]+)" />
                <action type="Rewrite" url="chatter/article{R:1}.aspx" />
                <conditions>
            <add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="^www\.SUB\.DOMAIN\.org$" />
                </conditions>
            </rule>
        </rules>
    </rewrite>

Nothing happens when I apply this rule. Please note there is subdomain included. Any help ?

It seems like that the condition won't match. It is looking for query string to match the domain. 
    – amit_g
     Sep 7, 2015 at 19:44
  • You simply misunderstood what is URL rewrite so hope you can learn from basic examples. 
    – Lex Li
     Sep 8, 2015 at 1:58
  • and what is the URL rewrite 
Ahad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 10 Apr 2023
0 answers

Hello,

We have a requirement to attach emails to records for audit purposes.  Is this possible with your controls?

Regards,

D

Bermuda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 28 Mar 2023
1 answer

Hi,

i would like to download latest 2023 files into my project.

which one do i need to download msi or zip file?

thanks for your help.

Vitaly.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2023
0 answers

Good morning,

I have link button in my aspx file:

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" Font-Size="X-Small" TabIndex="-1"
                                                                            Height="25px" Width="90px" Visible="false" BorderColor="WhiteSmoke" BackColor="#5A8EC1" BorderStyle="Solid" ForeColor="White" OnClientClick="approveConfirm();return false;"  runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana">APPROVE</asp:LinkButton>

Below is approveConfirm() function:

<script type="text/javascript">

function approveConfirm() {

if (radconfirm("Are you sure you want to Approve and ready to proceed?", callbackFn2, 400, 200, null)) {
                return false;
            }
            else {
                return true;
            }

}
        function callbackFn2(arg) {

var ajaxManager = $find("<%=RadAjaxManager1.ClientID%>");
            if (arg) {
                ajaxManager.ajaxRequest('okApprove');
            }
            else {
                ajaxManager.ajaxRequest('notApprove');
            }

For some reason when Linkbutton is disabled, and I still was able to click on this button and confirm popup message appeared. I need only to appeared confirm popup message when button is enabled.

Thanks so much for your help.

Vitaly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 21 Mar 2023
0 answers

Hello,

I am facing an issue wherein on the page following issue is coming:-

Request Failed. Try Again.

When I debugged the code then I found that the issue is actually coming due to this class file not found:- GanttProvider the actual error in the code is showing that:
The type or namespace name 'GanttProvider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

<%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="GanttService" %> using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.Script.Services; using System.Web.Services; using System.Web.SessionState; //using Telerik.Web.UIusing Telerik.Web.UI.Gantt; [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] // To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line. [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService] publicclassGanttService : System.Web.Services.WebService, IRequiresSessionState { private WebServiceController _controller; public WebServiceController Controller { get { if (_controller == null) { _controller = new WebServiceController(new GanttProvider()); } return _controller; } } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> GetTasks() { var ddd = Controller.GetTasks<CustomTaskData>(); var provider = new GanttProvider(); foreach (var item in ddd) { //item.Dependency = provider.GetSuccessorByTaskID((int)item.ID); item.Dependency = provider.GetPredecessorByTaskID((int)item.ID); } return ddd; } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> InsertTasks(IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> models) { var plannerRefId = HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerRefId"] != null ? Convert.ToInt32(HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerRefId"]) : 0; var plannerId = HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerID"] != null ? Convert.ToInt32(HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerID"]) : 0; var plannerType = HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerType"] != null ? HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerType"].ToString() : "project"; if (plannerType.Equals("vendor", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase)) { foreach (var item in models) { item.RootVendorID = plannerRefId; item.PlannerID = plannerId; } }else { foreach (var item in models) { item.ProjectID = plannerRefId; item.PlannerID = plannerId; } } return Controller.InsertTasks<CustomTaskData>(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> UpdateTasks(IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> models) { var plannerRefId = HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerRefId"] != null ? Convert.ToInt32(HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerRefId"]) : 0; var plannerId = HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerID"] != null ? Convert.ToInt32(HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerID"]) : 0; var plannerType = HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerType"] != null ? HttpContext.Current.Session["GanttPlannerType"].ToString() : "project"; if (plannerType.Equals("vendor", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase)) { foreach (var item in models) { item.RootVendorID = plannerRefId; item.PlannerID = plannerId; } }else { foreach (var item in models) { item.ProjectID = plannerRefId; item.PlannerID = plannerId; } } return Controller.UpdateTasks<CustomTaskData>(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> DeleteTasks(IEnumerable<CustomTaskData> models) { return Controller.DeleteTasks<CustomTaskData>(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<DependencyData> GetDependencies() { return Controller.GetDependencies(); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<DependencyData> InsertDependencies(IEnumerable<DependencyData> models) { return Controller.InsertDependencies(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<DependencyData> DeleteDependencies(IEnumerable<DependencyData> models) { return Controller.DeleteDependencies(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<Telerik.Web.UI.Gantt.ResourceData> GetResources() { return Controller.GetResources(); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<AssignmentData> GetAssignments() { return Controller.GetAssignments(); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<AssignmentData> InsertAssignments(IEnumerable<AssignmentData> models) { return Controller.InsertAssignments(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<AssignmentData> UpdateAssignments(IEnumerable<AssignmentData> models) { return Controller.UpdateAssignments(models); } [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] public IEnumerable<AssignmentData> DeleteAssignments(IEnumerable<AssignmentData> models) { return Controller.DeleteAssignments(models); } } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataContract] publicclassCustomTaskData : TaskData { [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicstring Description { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicint? ProjectID { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicint? PlannerID { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicstring CusTaskType { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicdouble? CusDuration { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicdouble? CusActualHour { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicint? VendorID { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicstring Vendor { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicint? RootVendorID { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicstring RootVendorName { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicstring ProjectName { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicstring Dependency { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicint? PlannerTaskID { get; set; } [System.Runtime.Serialization.DataMember] publicint? ItemRefID { get; set; } public override void CopyFrom(ITask srcTask) { base.CopyFrom(srcTask); Description = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).Description; ProjectID = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).ProjectID; PlannerID = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).PlannerID; CusTaskType = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).CusTaskType; CusDuration = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).CusDuration; CusActualHour = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).CusActualHour; VendorID = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).VendorID; Vendor = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).Vendor; RootVendorID = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).RootVendorID; RootVendorName = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).RootVendorName; ProjectName = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).ProjectName; PlannerTaskID = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).PlannerTaskID; ItemRefID = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).ItemRefID; Dependency = ((CustomTaskData)srcTask).Dependency; } public override void CopyTo(ITask destTask) { base.CopyTo(destTask); ((CustomTaskData)destTask).Description = Description; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).ProjectID = ProjectID; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).PlannerID = PlannerID; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).CusTaskType = CusTaskType; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).CusDuration = CusDuration; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).CusActualHour = CusActualHour; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).VendorID = VendorID; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).Vendor = Vendor; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).RootVendorID = RootVendorID; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).RootVendorName = RootVendorName; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).ProjectName = ProjectName; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).PlannerTaskID = PlannerTaskID; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).ItemRefID = ItemRefID; ((CustomTaskData)destTask).Dependency = Dependency; } }

I am facing issue where I am trying to pass the object of GanntProvider class in WebServiceController constructor. It's an .ASMX file.

Kindly help me resolve this.

Thanks
Varun

Varun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Mar 2023
0 answers

We have a development partner that create a custom component for us.  It is using an older version of Telerik.  What would be the recommended version to use now.  We are looking to move to an Azure environment using containers.  Below is the version information of the DLL.

Thanks!

Version information

Product Name - Telerik.Web.UI
Product Version - 2015.1.401.45
Original filename - Telerik.Web.UI.dll
Howard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Jan 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron